Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

Destructive Buildings

From the old pics from 2004 "PC Gamer UK Preview of BIS", we can see/notice lots have been improved in Armed Assault.

Almost a year have passed..

Every info we have from BIS make us believe Armed Assault is Game 2, though thats not true.

Their for, can we assume Armed Assault will have Destructive Buildings?

"pcGameraug04.jpg"

If BIS have that technology why not use it in Armed Assault? wink_o.gif

To be honest, I really don't believe even the bridges and fuel stations in AA will actually be dynamic - I may be proved wrong, but I think it will be an extension of something I think I saw in OFP:E where some guy took a video of himself blowing up the Nogova bridge. Two sections were destroyed, and they both collapsed identically, bar a few seconds apart - all preprogramed as such. That's all we're getting (IMHO).

Besides, if BIS wanted to add everything we've dreamed about into their games, they would have to seriously rewrite the engine and start almost from scratch. Which is what's currently called Game 2.

I'll be completely happy to be proven wrong of course, but yeah, you can't expect too much that's already in Game2 to be ported into AA or why the hell have Game2?

"pcGameraug04.jpg"

No, we cannot, there is no reason at all to think that that is going to be in ArmA, BIS never even said they would make big physics improvements  banghead.gif

EDIT:

Quote[/b] ]Every info we have from BIS make us believe Armed Assault is Game 2,

Eh? BIS just said that they trew some stuff from Game2 in ArmA (Like the grass, and AFAIK Linda was made for Game2), they enver said that ArmA=Game2? tounge2.gif

i recognize it would be very complicated.

Imagine if we drop a few bombs in 1 of the citys in Sahrani, if destructive buildings exits they would be destroyed like lego pieces.. alot of cpu would be needed.. Does this new engine up to it? wink_o.gif

hope this thread be closed because Armed Assault don't have it, in other hand ill pray im wrong.

From the old pics from 2004 "PC Gamer UK Preview of BIS", we can see/notice lots have been improved in Armed Assault.

Every info we have from BIS make us believe Armed Assault is Game 2, though thats not true.

"pcGameraug04.jpg"

You just don't stop, do you? crazy_o.gif

Just because they have some RUDIMENTARY code for destroying things like the bridge and fuel stations, doesnt mean its suitable for every building. And just because they have the capability for it in Game2 does not mean that its either compatible OR suitable for use in ArmA.

it will be in ofp so whay not ArmA ?wink_o.gif.

Here

Yes, what you dont realise is that I have been involved in 2 dynamic building destruction projects (one for OFP and one for VBS1) and due to the way OFP/VBS handles objects it just DOESNT work on a large scale.

Your project will find its flaw as soon as you expand it to be included on more than a dozen or so buildings. OFP simply cant cope with the number of objects which have to be spawned/placed in order to create such a system.

no worries m8, mines for single player , small map 20 buildings cqb,style.i have already had all the objects needed in a single map, so it wont be big problem.;)

agreed to do this on large scale island with 1000 buildings on a ded server would be a no no tho.

p.s a link to your findings would be nice.

Lets see.... system requirements? wink_o.gif

Maybe because they mix older buildings from Ofp with new ones (something they shouldnt done that in my opinion).

Lets wait and see wat it brings.  smile_o.gif

they mix older buildings from Ofp with new ones (something they shouldnt done that in my opinion).

Why not? They updated them, so whats wrong with them?  huh.gif

maybe because they mix older buildings from Ofp with new ones (something they shouldnt done that in my opinion).

maybe because they wont match with the destructive ones thats why.

maybe because they mix older buildings from Ofp with new ones (something they shouldnt done that in my opinion).

maybe because they wont match with the destructive ones thats why.

Eh? Even IF there were destructible buildings then BIS wuold adapt the old buildings in such a way that they would be destructable aswell..

But it doesnt really matter, BIS NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT DYNAMIC DESTRUCTIONS IN ARMA! DIE! tounge2.gif

and why the HELL do you think that even IF there were such destructions that BIS would LEAVE THE OLD BUILDING UNDESTRUCTABLE? ITS RIDICULOUS! rofl.gif

Ok, i might a little frustrated because we are out of the WC, but i mean it tounge2.gif

Dude, wat i try to say is that BIS leave the destructive buildings for next generation game.

(maybe because they mix with(undestructible(in this case)buildings) from ofp.) clear?

i just dont think its possible, as far as keeping a decent framerate goes right now. they are as anxious to give us such features as we are to play them. if its realistically applicable, we;ll see it, if not, oh well. plus, if they had it, wouldnt they be showing it off instead of NOT. its not exactly a suprise... its another selling point

.. plus, if they had it, wouldnt they be showing it off instead of NOT. its not exactly a suprise... its another selling point

there are lots of stuff they are hidding from us wink_o.gif

maybe these hidden things are not well finished yet or maybe they want to surprise the community...

an huge surprise is about to be revealed... in a couple of weeks and then maybe we can see them.. smile_o.gif

an huge surprise is about to be revealed... in a couple of weeks and then maybe we can see them.. smile_o.gif

As I have already made clear, the surprise is not ArmA related.

yeah you did say that i dont know why alot of people keep thinking otherwise...

Quote[/b] ]

wow_o.gif

WHAT ? Are you kidding ? All the ofp community think that the surprise was ARMA related. You said it was Arma related to Espectro for Armedassault.net. And you have never tell that it was NOT Arma related... So, it's why i dont understand !

Do you want a revolution or an insurection ?

Please explain yourself on that point. confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

wow_o.gif

WHAT ? Are you kidding ? All the ofp community think that the surprise was ARMA related. You said it was Arma related to Espectro for Armedassault.net. And you have never tell that it was NOT Arma related... So, it's why i dont understand !

Do you want a revolution or an insurection ?

Please explain yourself on that point. confused_o.gif

Placebo doesnt have to explain himself...and he did already mention it wasnt for ArmA. way before the other websites wrongfully stated it was for armed assault.

I agree, he dont have to explain... But he really should because people are getting more and more nervous about Arma. Days ago we think that the demo release was imminent. Many people are very very frustrated. Not specially on the official forum because its an official forum, but in other website a lot of fans are getting more and more bored about that communication policy. Pics, others pics, one video, one demo only for the press. All that things made people CRAZY ! We finally dont know anything about arma. And, excuse me for the offense, but I think that information is the first step of a good communication and marketing policy. They have to be clear and honest. Because its fun to make surprises and to play with the community. But its fun during some months. Not during a entire YEAR and more. Im surry to cricticize on the official forum, but sometime we have to cricticize. The HUDGE frustration is a REAL part of the reallity. And Bis should make with that...

Soldner has a crappy engine and destructible buildings, they could just do a similar system like in that.

"pcGameraug04.jpg"

How many times have you asked this now? 4? 5? maybe 6? Each time you get the same awnser and ignore it. Perhaps you will listen this time? Probly not tho, but here it goes.

Your logic if faulty, and you obviouslly have no clue what the diffrence between Game2 and ArmA is do you? Game2 is a totally new game, running on a much more advanced engine. ArmA is the same old game, with some rather minor engine improvements and graphic updates.

Destructable buildings are very unlikely in OFP becuase the engine simply can not handle it. The technology for Game2, is for the GAME2 ENGINE. NOT the ArmA engine... Also, Game2 has a much more advanced physics system, makeing the whole DD system possible in the first place. Thus its plain stupidity to assume or even think the Game2 buildings will be in ArmA.

Sure, DD could be done, and has been done in OFP and VBS... but with all thoes who have had projects working on it, we have never seen a viable product come from any of them. Why? Becuase the OFP engine cannot handle it on a large scale without lagging/crashing. And there are no signs this will be any diffrent in ArmA.

What we do know will likely be in ArmA are pre-made destruction animations for some objects. Like the Radio tower, and Bridge in OFP:E. And as for your statement "Every info we have from BIS make us believe Armed Assault is Game 2".... BIS has never made any statement like that at all. You just seem to think becuase they have made quite a few cosmedic fixes to the graphics and engine, that ArmA is going to be on the same level as Game2. Wrong. Its OFP with a new coat of paint.... plain and simple.

Stakex: Somebody from Bohemia did indeed state that: "ArmA is becoming more and more Game2, and Game2 might be better off being named Game3".

But either way, none of us has had the product in their hands, so none of us know how feasable this is on ALL buildings is yet to be seen.

Also, Game2 is being made with the idea to simulate an ongoing war. ArmA will simply have thesame briefing-mission-debriefing, setup, maybe with a bit of extra's added in smile_o.gif .

I agree, he dont have to explain... But he really should because people are getting more and more nervous about Arma. Days ago we think that the demo release was imminent. Many people are very very frustrated. Not specially on the official forum because its an official forum, but in other website a lot of fans are getting more and more bored about that communication policy. Pics, others pics, one video, one demo only for the press. All that things made people CRAZY ! We finally dont know anything about arma. And, excuse me for the offense, but I think that information is the first step of a good communication and marketing policy. They have to be clear and honest. Because its fun to make surprises and to play with the community. But its fun during some months. Not during a entire YEAR and more. Im surry to cricticize on the official forum, but sometime we have to cricticize. The HUDGE frustration is a REAL part of the reallity. And Bis should make with that...

Frustrations, hypes and expectations which have been generated <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>ENTIRELY</span> by the "community"

Not ONCE did BIS say they were releasing a Demo, this was a false hope cooked up by a few excitable people around OFP's 5th birthday.

Also, what people say on websites is very rarely the truth - wires can get crossed and peoples own personal hopes/dreams can effect their news posting. Placebo - the person who's words you SHOULD be taking as gospel (and most people seem to be ignoring) - has made it abundently clear that their next surprise is not ArmA related.

Oh, and if you really are THAT frustrated, I suggest that you either go outside and experience the real world for a bit, OR get some professional help wink_o.gif