Sign in to follow this  
Easy301

Just got Operation Flash Point.

Hey guys. I just purchased Operation Flash point for the pc, after playing it on the xbox. I love it already.  inlove.gif    I was wondering if maybe some poeple would be so kind as to answer a few questions.

1.I like the mission editor very much, dose anyone know though, how I can add my own custom music to play during the mission, beside the stock music that is included? Such as adding some of my music I have in .mp3 formatt.

2. Where can I get these soldiers?

wallkopia1gv.jpg

3. I have the seen the post in the MODS section for links to other addons. My question is, are there any must have addons, that I just should not miss?

biggrin_o.gif Thanks guys!

Question 1:

First off you need the music in .ogg vorbis format. Grab dbPowerAmp (google) and the ogg codec for conversion.

Then you need to write yurself a description.ext to put the music in your mission (go into the mission editor, add a player unit and save mission as User Mission, then make a file called "description.ext" in the User/Username/Missions/ folder)

This is what I have in my most recent mission, Invasion.

class CfgMusic

{

// List of music tracks (.ogg files without the .ogg extension)

tracks[] = {4xcess};

// Class definition needed for each music track

class 4xcess

{

// Name to display in mission editor

name = "4xcess";

// Music path, volume, pitch

sound[] = {\music\4xcess.ogg, db + 0, 1.0};

};

};

Copy that into your description.ext and edit it as much as you need.

You can then start the music from a trigger or with the script command playMusic "className"

Question 2:

They are FFUR ACU units, grab FFUR 2006.I believ DLEM releasded them as standalone addons alos, use the search function for "ACU"

Question 3

BAS helos are pretty much must have, as is JAM3 and the editorUpdate. Laser's new units are very nice. ALL RHS units are damn great, HYK US Infantry is used quite a lot, and COMBAT! vehicles are too.

Weclome to OFP welcome.gif

Thank you for your help! One more thing if I may,

I have recently downloaded,Laser\'s Weapons Pack [27.9 MB]

It came with a readme although no install instructions. I am guessing this gose in. Addons, or Res>Addons. I do not know wich one though. Any ideas?

either one will do fine. although, I'd suggest making a mod folder.

In your main ofp folder create a new folder and call it "add2". Inside of that create a folder called "addons", that is where you will store the addons.

Create a sortcut to OFP and place it on the desktop.

Click Properties.

In the target field, after the closing speech markes write the following:

-nosplash -nomap -mod=add2;

e.g.

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nosplash -nomap -mod=Add2;

-nosplash will remove the annoying splash screens on startup

-nomap will help the game un smoother

-mod will let u run multiple mod folders, which must be seperated by a semi-colon (;). For example, you can have a mod folder for ECP, and another for BAS helos, and you would have the following

-mod=ECP;BAS

That would mean you would get the effects and enhancements provided by ECP aswell as the addons included in the BAS modfolder.

Now, you may be wondering what the point to modfolders is, I used to myself. But considering there are many gigabytes of addons available for OFP it pays to kleep them organised. Mod folders helps keep things organised immensly. Also, having one big addons folder with 10gb of addons slows OFP down massively, using mod folders you can run only the addons you need at that time.

If you want to simplify things, OFPWatch is available at OFP.info.

I believe FFUR ACU units are different from DLEM's.

FFUR2006 is a great mod incase you want to modernized the feel of the whole game. This is based on woodland and will be updated soon. ThunderBird (creater) is also working on an updated Winter and Desert pack. The add-ons listed by XCess are a must have. Also some UKF (British Armed Forces) addons are great.

Check out:

ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE

ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION

You will find that a highly talented community awaits. There is to much to just mention any good mod or addon. You can check a few pages back per forum and find interesting stuff. Many people use these forums to list updates on there projects even if they have a website. If you find something that might look like it is old and outdated, it might not be. Many topics are updated every now and then. I am sure you will find something the suits you.

Great site: www.ofp.info

and welcome.gif

Edit:Almost everyday their is something new.

FFUR use HYK's models. DLEM's ACU is a pure standalone, and has not been adopted for use by any mod, most likely due to the units not having LODs, and the fact that they aren't wearing correct Army equipment. (I still love 'em though, DLEM!wink_o.gif

Welcome to OFP! welcome.gif

Oh, adn dxdll is a definate must have. smile_o.gif

Thanks guys. All this help is very much appreciated. smile_o.gif

I'm having a ball with DAC and ECP at the moment, if you like to make your own missions get DAC (it also works great with ffur but ffur slows my computer down to much)...search

ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE for both.

Please look around the forums, you will find very quickly threads to get you started without the need for other good forum people to donate their free time to you smile_o.gif