Sign in to follow this  
Acecombat

UEFA Champions League 2006

barca_fan_favourite.jpg

rofl.gif

Looks like my first post was right, tomorrows headline will be taken up by the refs game rather than the match itself but I guess thats just modern football.

If you can seriously say tha ther refereeing was of a standard that was deserved by the CL final then okay that was uncalled for, the ref was shit to start with it's just a shame that his shitness seemed to lean in Barcas favour although he was shit both ways.

Not german referees, I mean the german league referees, not those of german nationality, my apologies for poor phrasing. Many scandals over the years.

Yep, you're right about that. But Italy seems to have very similar probs lately biggrin_o.gif

Belgium, Germany and now Italy, it happens everywhere. Of course the big teams will suffer less then the smaller ones, as FIFA/UEFA makes more money on the big teams.

Ajax Amsterdam fans throw one iron bar towards the opponents keeper and they're banned from all european matches for 2 years, AC Milan's keeper receives a barrage of professional grade fireworks from Inter hooligans and they only need to play without public for two european matches, similar happened to AS Roma (ref getting hit by a lighter and the game ended).

FIFA and EUFA are useless organisations that only want profit for themselves (themselves being the companies and fat managers running them, controling everything that happens). Look at what a mess the ticket sales for the world cup is, loads of tickets going to sponsors and friends of the big shots, and even the ticket allocation being given to the company of the sony of the FIFA director.

More corrupt even then most goverments. Football isn't football anymore, it's money, whether it's Dollar, Euro or Yen.

barca_fan_favourite.jpg

rofl.gif

Looks like my first post was right, tomorrows headline will be taken up by the refs game rather than the match itself but I guess thats just modern football.

If you can seriously say tha ther refereeing was of a standard that was deserved by the CL final then okay that was uncalled for, the ref was shit to start with it's just a shame that his shitness seemed to lean in Barcas favour although he was shit both ways.

Can't really say it leaned Barcas way. Arsenal should have been down to 9 men instead of getting a goal...and 9 vs 11 would have been a easy time for Barca. And about the offside goal. The rules says, at least they said some time ago, that there have to be "air" between the players, and it wasn't. And it's not even sure that Larsson touched the ball. The ball didn't change direction, and Larsson seemed to set his foot into the ground and not flick the ball on. If that is the case, it was never offside.

Else, the red card situation...UEFA has stated that the sending off wasn't a fault, but it wouldn't have been a fault to wait and give Barca a goal. Therefor you can't say that was against Barca. In the end the refs decisions went more in favour of Arsenal than Barca.

Eboue should have been sent off. He got a yellow card (that was correct), and then he dived when Arsenal got the freekick that lead to the goal, and therefor he should have gotten his second yellow card, which would mean a red card. And then it would still be 0-0 and 11 vs 9...

99% of the times you will only receive a yellow card for diving in the penalty area or directly in front of the goal just outside the penalty area. Of course every free kick can (and should) be worth a yellow card if the opponent begs the ref for a card. Ask for a card, get one yourself. Too bad that rule is enforced so little sad_o.gif

Henry Stays

Quote[/b] ]Well Henry might move to Barcelona next , with larrson leaving i am sure he can fit in there.

Glad he's staying, naturally im bias but the English leagues althought not home to the best team in the world does have the mjority of the great teams playing there. Glad he's staying. Obviously he hasnt put pen to paper yet but saying "I'll stay as long as my legs can carry me" is rather conclusive.

Henry Stays
Quote[/b] ]Well Henry might move to Barcelona next , with larrson leaving i am sure he can fit in there.

Glad he's staying, naturally im bias but the English leagues althought not home to the best team in the world does have the mjority of the great teams playing there. Glad he's staying. Obviously he hasnt put pen to paper yet but saying "I'll stay as long as my legs can carry me" is rather conclusive.

That's because the english teams are the among the wealthiest in the world, and can give players huge sums of money. Henry staying because he loves Arsenal and the fans so much? rofl.gif

Of course the large increase in salary has nothing what so ever to do with it whistle.gif

huh.gif

Like Barcelona couldn't give Henry twice as much in salary if they wanted? And I do think they would give him quite a lot if they was able to get their hands on him, therefor he can't have stayed only cause of the money...of course they help a lot, but if he only wanted money he would have moved to Barcelona or Real Madrid...

Henry Stays

That's because the english teams are the among the wealthiest in the world, and can give players huge sums of money. Henry staying because he loves Arsenal and the fans so much? rofl.gif

Of course the large increase in salary has nothing what so ever to do with it whistle.gif

If you'd ever watch football you would see the way Henry plays and the way he reacts to the fans alogn with the way he acted on the last game at highbury would tell you how he feels about Arsenal.