Sign in to follow this  
Wilco

MultiCam Anyone?

Quote[/b] ]*** Wilco's MultiCam Units - ***

---

Author: Wilco

---

Contact: PM me on the Bohemia Interactive Forum (www.flashpoint1985.com) or email (thetuffedupsquirrel@hotmail.com)

---

Credits:

- DLEM:  For using his base model from his ACU units.

- Kman3000:  For using various models from his ACU units and retexturing some of his textures.

---

This addon is a retextured version of DLEM's ACU units with various model changes.  They have been retextured to "mimick" the MultiCam; texture created by Crye Percision.

---

INSTALLATION: You put the .pbo file in any addons folder of your choice.

staylow5un.jpg

mcshot2hk.jpg

Download:

http://rapidshare.de/files/19631481/Wilco_MultiCam.zip.html

ftp://ftp.freenet.de/pub....Cam.zip - Thanks ofp.4players.de!

http://yucatacounty.com/JW/Wilco_MultiCam.zip - Thanks ERT!

A note:  Textures from DLEM's ACU units have been retextured, I did no new texture mapping so blurred or lined seams in the textures, that was how it was mapped to begin with.

Yes please! wow_o.gif

Ooooh...  crazy_o.gif  This certainly came out of the blue.  tounge2.gif  Awsome!  biggrin_o.gif

Is multicam the same as ACU or is it something completely different? crazy_o.gif

Does it look like ACU? wink_o.gif

Actually, it is completely different. It is supposed to be the camo that can be used anywhere. They have pictures of it in all sorts of areas on their website.

www.multicampattern.com

It was the other contender in the battle for the new Army BDU but ACU won over it.

Does it look like ACU? wink_o.gif

Actually, it is completely different. It is supposed to be the camo that can be used anywhere. They have pictures of it in all sorts of areas on their website.

www.multicampattern.com

It was the other contender in the battle for the new Army BDU but ACU won over it.

Is any army using it?

Nope, but Contractors are using it I believe.

Cool, you could make a Mercenary soldiers addon outta this

Looks good, makes a change smile_o.gif

Heh...Find the MultiCam in this picture huh.gif

img7b.jpg

Found him in about 1 sec. Then again I've watched the camo (too) many times, as I really wish I'd have one.

Haven't tested these yet, but must say, pretty nice job, Wilco. For (possible) future updates, you might want to correct the mapping a bit (the texture lines in amrs i.e.), and if possible, maybe some different headgear (if any)...

Bah, great job. Nobody can be perfect, and it's just the 1st version...

Black Scorpion: You can buy a set for $85 that is made from the material and looks exactly like the real thing.

And yes, I might go back and fix the mapping on the textures if I have time.

Awesome job on Crye's Multicam! Though was curious why there was a 101st unit patch on them, the US Army doesn't recognize Multicam as a camo pattern, they have their UCP. But other than that minor thing, this addon kicks ass! smile_o.gif

Figured I put it on there because it's a fictional unit and the pattern isn't even being used yet, so why not?

img2b.jpg

MultiCam is what the US Army should have gone with...

now have those guys stand in front of those green bushes, woodland doesn't mix in well with fields of dry grass whistle.gif

I think this is my new favorite addon.

I tested it out in a whole bunch of islands, but it looks best on either Malden or Kolgujev.

If I were you - I'd replace the brown kevlar (helmet), IBA, and other gear with a multicam pattern or a woodland pattern.

I'm in the US Army Infantry myself, and it pisses me off that they went with the ACU instead of the multicam. We stick out like sore thumbs in the field with ACU's, in Pennsylvania woods at least.

Personally...I like the looks of multicam.  Like KyleSarnik said, U.S. Army should've gone with Multicam.  I just downloaded it and will try today.  Are there any multicam helmets (covers) in this mod?  Just curious because I only see pictures with tan colors.  thumbs-up.gif

Mast

Nah, there's only the model seen in the pics. Only weapons are different, like with DLEM's ACU's.

After testing, I'm still saying the same thing. A few more variations and a bit upgraded textures would be nice, but they're quite fine already. Always love a good Multicam army though.

And for the partly OT: Wasn't the Multicam given away because of the cost? Or what?

I'll see about adding a helmet cover and varying it up a little.

And yes, they went to ACU's because of the cost of MultiCam.

I'm confused.. MultiCam == a cammo patern?

icon_rolleyes.gif

- Ben

Yep. Originally developed by Crye Precision for the Advanced Future Warrior project (?) of the US government for an all-around camo, but it turned out to be costly. So US Army chose ACU, that has questionable all-around camouflage.

www.multicampattern.com