Sign in to follow this  
Tokamak

Looking for the nicest desert island...

hi there..., i haven´t played Flashpoint for a long time now, but i´m back to see whats new !. So ..., now i´m looking for a nice desert island .., which are the bests nowadays ? . I´ve tried a "desert island" search on the forums but didnt get anything conclusive . Thx for answering.

We have Afghanistan by Cat_Shit/ag_smith.

Homeland by BergHoff.

Afghan Everon by Remo.

Tonal by BAS.

DMA's Libya (or Lybia whatever tounge2.gif)

Well. That's a small list, prolly are a few more.

I can try to find and link them also.

Regards

JW

smile_o.gif

Thanks a lot JW , i´ll start trying those...

And true 25km desert island is PMC Rattler. Check it out from here which is old topic, you can find more up to date info at PMC Tactical forum topic.

Keep in mind, Homeland is desert/winter/forestry (maybe something more) and Tonal is desert/jungle, so not just desert.

But those islands contains desert anyways tounge2.gif

Glad to help

smile_o.gif

you can check ofp.info islands repository - they have quite a few nice desert islands there

I would definately recommend GOON's An Najaf map.  It's a desert map with a huge city (AFAIK the largest for OFP).  It does require a hefty number of addons to download, but really, they're all good addons so you should have them anyway wink_o.gif

-Pilot

The bis one is just fine wink_o.gif

loool, jk

If it is inq's desert island then it is the best.

Well, like 5th best tounge2.gif

Hi, i think that the best desert (with a bit of forest) island that i ever seen for the OFP, it's the Mr. Bean's Sandy Rocks island. I haven't try the latest 1.5 version; but sure that's a good island with lots of detail and allows to recreate several interesting missions.

Mr. Bean's Sandy Rocks 1.5 (ofp.info)

DMA Libya or BAS Tonal are for me the best out there. Many others are a mish mash of needed addons that were made by many different authors with varying levels of quality. Also many of those maps use addons that just don't "match" and do not fit well together creating a lot of visual "noise."

The DMA Libya map right now is the best desert map so far where the objects and vegetation all integrate well visually and the placement of most objects is logical and were layed out for gameplay and ai movement in built up areas.

For me there is no question that it IS the best looking and best playing desert map by far.

Another plus is that there are missions and high quality units built for it as well.

<EDIT>

Was just thinking. It all really depends on if you want missions you want to play.

There is an Island called Jelahalabat which to my knowledge was about 1mb in size. And wasnt a bad map at all.

It was largely unpolished so had a few bugs but those were cosmetic.

DEfinately worth a look if your pc chokes on Tonal or the other large islands.