Sign in to follow this  
The-Architect

DC3/AC47

I'm no good at addon making, in fact I've never made a P3D in my life. However I was wondering how easy it would be to modify this DC3,

dc3new1.jpg

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=9692

to make it into an AC47.

gunship.jpeg

gs-6.jpg

I've got the skin for a Vietnam C47 already but it's the modeling I can't do. I figure all you'd have to do is gut the inside, remove a section where the cargo door would normally be and then add this model into two of the windows and the open door.

OsMinigun1.jpg

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8727

Maybe it's just Pie in the Sky, but maybe someone would be interested in taking up the challenge.

It's been done to a C-130 model, so I cant see why it cant be done for that smile_o.gif

It's been done to a C-130 model, so I cant see why it cant be done for that  smile_o.gif

Where can I find it?

I have never seen that one completed, just that somebody wanted to do it but there were technical troubles.

I have a script that turns the BIS CH-47 into an ACH-47 "Guns'A'GoGo" which I got, ages ago, from OFPEC

I have a script that turns the BIS CH-47 into an ACH-47 "Guns'A'GoGo" which I got, ages ago, from OFPEC

CH-47 is a Chinook.

ACH-47 must be a new fancy thing rofl.gif

Can we use that script into the C-130?

Awesome. IRL, my friends father flew "Puff" the Magic Dragon in Vietnam. He was part of the 1st Air Commando Squadron. The Vietnamese called it Dragon's fire because of all of the tracers that came down. Hence the name. Also got plenty of pics to prove it. Great Idea.

CH-47 is a Chinook.

ACH-47 must be a new fancy thing rofl.gif

Can we use that script into the C-130?

Yeah I know that, Furia tounge2.gif

Look...

ach-47a.jpg

ach47arm.gif

ach22.jpg

us_helo1.jpg

Used in Vietnam wink_o.gif

if u remember the good ol' days over at ofpec.com, then u could probably remind that little ach47a i made together with aushilfe ... i hope i'll get my luck to finish this bird ...

peepshowtangatänzerinnen rofl.gif

This helo is nice although it is an outdated version that brings nothing an AH-64 cannot do.

However a real gunship plane is another issue. If given a really good aiming device with a really powerful zoom that can be used by the pilot or a gunner (on the Mi-26 pilot and gunner) can use at same time the "V" view. of course it needs NVG

Give the bird with proper weapons and it would be a really useful thing.

If anyone tries the C-130 please make sure you review its tuning capabilities because this plane turning radious and most important rate of turn needs to be redone.

Would be a great asset to have circling over the battlefield by night. smile_o.gif

just to run this discussion in the other thread! ... i'm not a mod, right! but i posted there images of my//our addons rofl.gif

@ the-architect:

ähm ... where to find ur beautiful textures for the ac47?

aushilfe modeled a proper good version of it. but there are still the mapfact textures on it, so, i'd need ur help, thx  xmas_o.gif

@ shashman:

he used ur script ... it looks better for the ac47 spooky then for the ach47a wink_o.gif ... thx to gnat for the gogo script nener.gif

cya l8er yay.gif

how would fit this ...

i don't like the script tooo much! it's laggy since there are many tracers, buuuuut they won't flash out of the guns if u're too fast ... probably it's possible that the 3 vulcans shoot together with a bright flash so that the whole heaven is brightened up whistle.gif

yeah ... exspecially THAT is kool! yay.gif