Sign in to follow this  
mechastalin

BRDM-2 AT3/MCar problem.

Well, after some efforts and a lot of wasted M113s it seems to work. Try this, after having backed up your original pbo:

(refer to PM)

You need also this updated version (0.91) of the MCAR engine:

MCAR engine 0.91

Test it if for you is OK. It should register kills too, but may miss some. This is normal, I'm sorry. There's still to tailor the missile behaviour and its model on AT3 specs, and maybe you don't like the distance from shooter being shown on screen, but these are details. If you're satisfied, I can then modify the init.sqs script so that the missile being launched is deleted from the rack.

Also, let me know about everything else you don't like.

You may notice I modified your p3d model: try to replicate the changes I've made, if you can.

Basicly:

- the cargo proxies have been renamed in the correct way

- the cargo proxies n# 4 and 5 (after the renaming operation) have been re-aligned correctly in both lod 0.750 and view Cargo lod

- the gunner proxy position has changed

- the turret in the view cargo lod has been removed to allow the use of optics

- all the proxies used by the MCAR engine have been linked to the otocvez and otochlaven selections

- the two proxies (n# 2 and 3) used for passenger spaces have been de-linked from the otocvez selection

Also, in your new pbo use the config.cpp and stringtable.csv files coming with this one.

EDIT>

Quote[/b] ]What did you mentioned? multiple firing positions? Did i understood right?

probably not: there aren't two or more turrets. The missiles just start their flight from the position they have on the rack, just like some AA MCAR addons (the Gaskin and the Gecko), and this is different from what OFP engine does. It's just an eye candy feature to enhance the addon.

Thanks for all the great work Gecko! Heres a shot of the BRDM-2 in action. A group of Abrams came right into minimum range while we were supporting some T-80's in a defensive formation.

brdm2action0wt.th.jpg

Hmm, I've ran into a slight problem.

When I change the folder name so that I wont have any more conflicts it loses all the textures and I cant seem to get them to come back. Any ideas? confused_o.gif

Hmm, I've ran into a slight problem.

When I change the folder name so that I wont have any more conflicts it loses all the textures and I cant seem to get them to come back. Any ideas?  confused_o.gif

You simply need to change the texture path for the textures on the BRDM-2 and change them to the new folder. The way i do this is going into O2 and loading up the .p3d and go into the texture properties i.e button e one you have selected the model and changing the texture path.

Also on another note would be good to see how you have implemented this as i tried doing this on our BRDM-2 AT3 and i havent quite got it to work so when you complete this i wouldnt mind having a look at the .p3d and seeing how you have done it.

Anyway hope that helps with the textures.

Thanks alot! I just gotta remap the turret and we're pretty much ready for a public beta.

looks good smile_o.gif

BRDMAT5.jpg

New version with AT5 missiles. The turret needs to be redone the missile model is taken from Vit. I obviously wont release it unless I get permission.

Good news. I like this addon. Did you fix the sound on the missile impact? Vit had a good one, I hope you are using his.

Another thing. I was playing with this thing another day and I noticed that you can't switch places with the gunner inside the vehicle. I had to get him out, then get out myself and only than I could get into the gunner's place. Kind of inconvenient. Are you planning on fixing that or it is gonna stay this way?

Good news. I like this addon. Did you fix the sound on the missile impact? Vit had a good one, I hope you are using his.

Another thing. I was playing with this thing another day and I noticed that you can't switch places with the gunner inside the vehicle. I had to get him out, then get out myself and only than I could get into the gunner's place. Kind of inconvenient. Are you planning on fixing that or it is gonna stay this way?

Yeah I got a new sound on missile impact. For both the AT3 and AT5 versions.

And I think being unable to switch with the gunner inside the vehicle is an engine limitation with car-class vehicles.

Nice work Mecha! I like light armor with AT capabilities. Gives you the best of both worlds (speed & punch). smile_o.gif

Glad we won't have to wait for the AT5 when AA is out... it should be included with it biggrin_o.gif

Did you got the shadow working? whistle.gif

Sadly I did not. I'm not that great at modelling. But I'll try and make a hack job of the turret on the OFF shadow in the next release.

Did you got the shadow working?  whistle.gif

Sadly I did not. I'm not that great at modelling. But I'll try and make a hack job of the turret on the OFF shadow in the next release.

pm me if you need help wink_o.gif