Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

Are BIS Able to do A Interview for Arm A

Dear BIS/ Community

I am not one to make a spectical of myself, but its come to my attention that BIS are handing out plenty of interviews to plenty of game magazines ect, but the questions that have been asked are not really specific to be of any vital information to the ever lasting community that live on the bis forums.

So i ask BIS, and the backing of community modders, to see if BIS would be willing to undergo a interview which concerns of moding and editing questions that will have and bring vital information to us all, to help mods plan and gain some insite to what we can expect for Arm A?

I propose the main community members post relevant questions that they wish to bring forward to BIS and we can then try and arrange a interview using the questions posted or hand them over to a PR for him/her to pass onto BIS.

As we all know there are many skilled individuals within the community each having different trades, so it would be nice if we can get a all rounded approach to questions concerning the different trades (Island making, modeling, scripting, animations)

I know that this might get locked, or it might be refused due to the countless spamming of questions in the Arm A thread, but i am going to try my luck non the less.

I also chose this forum area due to the fact it does concern BIS, and it might have the words Arm A included, its more of a general question to bis and its community as a open house, and also because it would be locked immediately if i where to post it in the arm a forum.

Apologies to the mod's for any inconvenience that i may cause.

Smiley smile_o.gif

I support the idea. Let me propose question no. 1: "Will there be support for multiple gun positions on one vehicle?".

Sadly, somehow I see this thread locked very soon.

BTW. Wrong forum... wink_o.gif

2. How will the destruction of building be handled? OFP style or VBS1 style? Or someting completely different?

EDIT: Not going to be answered, but its worth to try it... tounge2.gif

It might be better if the community gathers a list of the real fundamental questions useing this thread, and then propose it to BIS rather than just spaming this with random questions? (not saying that you are both spaming)

EDIT

Edited my first post to include that statement, don't read this one (sorry)

smile_o.gif

Not sure about the conset of everyone else, but this is something that I would really like to know.

-How do the hand grenades work (coding, physics, MP compatability with addon grenades, etc...)?

Might sound like a stupid question to a lot of you but I have my reasons (y'all take them hand grenades for granted).

Quote[/b] ]I propose the main community members post relevant questions that they wish to bring forward to BIS

That is kind of what ag_smith and ofpforum did, those 2 questions are amongst the most asked ArmA related questions... huh.gif

Edit: Question: Will the number of max groups/men per squad (63 & 12) be increased?

i would like to no what advances the mission editor has smile_o.gif

will gayspy be involved in the mp or another comapny ?

real question, is there better collison detection and no clipping errors , can we place a man on a building or do we have to keep writing the code to set him there ? smile_o.gif

Some questions from me:

1.) Will there be "variable" proxies, which means, can I modify the model the proxy is displaying during the game (this would enable different weapon loadouts on vehicles, different hats or equipment like pouches on a soldier, with only one base model and would greatly improve performance because hiddenSelections are calculated when using HWTL even if not displayed and are in no way MP compatible)

This would also include magazine proxies for small arms, so as you could use the modelMagazine= command to define the magazine's model and have it attachted to the soldiers weapon.

2.) Will we be able to split the weapons to different crew members (e.g. gunner firing mg and guided missiles and pilot firing FFAR)?

3.) Will it be possible to have different optic models and view points for different weapons (this would enable us to use different optics for different weapons, e.g. RMK optics and OSIRIS optics on the BWMod Tiger)?

4. See AG_Smiths post. Multiple Gunners (but meaning also more than two gunners).

I'll stop here, there is a lot of more questions waiting to be answered.

I would really appreciate if BIS would answer those questions which are really important to the addon creating community, which has supported OFP for so long and not only those "mainstream questions"...

2. How will the destruction of building be handled? OFP style or VBS1 style?

One and the same, despite all the rumours, VBS1 still uses the "paper" model for object destruction, so you might want to re-phrase your question...

I like the different weapons to different operators within a single vehicle question. It would aslo be interesting to know how BIS plan to handle weapon modes, such as firing main gun (ie. M16 muzzle / A10 cannon) with one key and another for using the secondary mode (ie. M203 Muzzle / A10 maverick), as opposed to switching between the two.

Q. Will BIS have fixed all the bugs that were ever present in the 1.96 build of flashpoint?

Q. Will missile clas be possible on cars

Q. Will cargo be able to shoot from vehicles

Requests for interviews should be made directly to me. I should warn anyone requesting an interview that there is currently a backlog of community interview requests, the list is below.

Quote[/b] ]

Ofp.info - DONE

Operation Flashpoint Files

FPSadmin.com

OFP Mission Database - In Progress

ArmA.FR

ArmA DK

Armed Assault Zone

OFPMDB have sent their questions and they are in the process of being answered, if you wish to suggest questions to the other sites then contact them by all means. Once the OFPMDB interview is complete the next site will be chosen at random and slotted in between press PR.

Moving to the ArmA forum then closing.