Sign in to follow this  
Silent N Deadly

Aircraft/Airport Equipment Pack

Yes, of course. It's a good idea and you can also take that as Weaponcar, like doing by "A-Team" rofl.gif

I post a news about that on our OFP-Site. Perhaps you can find anyone who can help you with the Textures wink_o.gif

Keep it up!

Greetings Imutep

it would be cool to drive it!

biggrin_o.gif

if ur talking about the radar truck i said about

it dont move

all it is

is an untextured sky gaurd from the malivenos mod

i know this is kind of oftopic but it would be coool

to have a S and R version of the Seaking

u know bright and yellow

for SAR missions of downed pilots

I was on the internet at school on friday and I found this really neat forklift on TurboSquid. I downloaded iit and it looks pretty nice. Do you think it would fit with the "Airport Theme?

Vilas already has made some forklifts, although I think they weren't 100% steady, I may not have tried out their latest release though...

forklifts3yv.jpg

Well, Vilas 1985's vehicle pack v3.1 you can get from Ofp.info here - although I can't verify if that release has the forklift (my gaming rig is currently offline, so to speak).

Im still working on it slow but steady... I got one new pic, Im redoing some of the stuff to make em more detailed.

towprog2s.jpg

Btw Hawke, thanks for the links the second one has some good resources.

One thing I need some help with is Textures. If anyone can help me at all it will be much appricated.

snd im going to a differant RAF base in June, so I might if I spot those little yellow towcars up close I could get you some top notch textures bananajoy.gif

Small update, if anyone cares:

tow3s.jpg

Been working on the third tug a little more, got the seats in, and added some details.

2113c3b9.jpg

This one I fixed some stuff + added some. Also new render which looks better then the last one.

hpu1.jpg

HPU - Hydraulic Power Unit...the round thing on the side is supposed to be a hose, just needs texture.

Im working on the GPU now.

Small update, if anyone cares

I do, looking great!

Keep the work up, and I'll hope you find a texturer!

smile_o.gif

Got a few idea's smile_o.gif .

Ofcourse, stairs have been mentioned, but anybody suggested they should have a script that you can animate them "1 M higher" / "1 M lower" with? to make it more universal to use with planes wink_o.gif . Optionally, have a script in where you can type the EXACT (down to cm) height, upon wich the ladder gets setpossed in those coordinates (NO GEO LOD YET!wink_o.gif , you drive to the airplane, and "lock" the stairs (action menu), upon wich you cannot drive around, but the stair's geo lod is working smile_o.gif .

Other then that, you could have some ropes and a "tie down" function, that causes the plane to become unmovable: If a car hits it, it wont slide off into another plane, causing it to explode, after wich the pitot tube jabs you in the legt eye. Ofcourse, when the plane explodes, surrounding planes will take splash damage.

From my carreer as an aircraft maintenance person, I have often used: (simulatable stuff filtered)

1. pylons to "mark off" part of an area around the plane (dangerous to walk).

2. GPU's for electrical power/pneumatic power/whatever. Maybe you can use that for maintenance "simulation"? (I believe a DKm helicopter had a "hydraulics failure", "electronics failure", "weapons failure", etc , maybe expand that into a new level?

3. jacking stuff, to get the plane of the ground. When you include this maybe you could script it so that you can repair the langing gear (with some planes, if you land too rough, your landing gear goes half-up).

Hope I helped smile_o.gif .

Edit: and a small bit of nitpicking before you put down weird classnames tounge2.gif :

Electrical power unit

Hydraulic power unit

Pneumatic power unit

they are all ground power units smile_o.gif .

Ah ok, that helps alot. I had that confused to be honest. Now I know how to narrow my search down more. After I finish the GPU's, I'll do the jack, and the pylons. I'll keep the staircase idea in mind, until I reach the scripting stage. Thanks alot Codarl, very helpful.

Also for the "tie down" function you mentioned, what I understood from it is that you tie down the plane physiclly with rope? Im not sure if that would be possible, making the plane unmovable probaly is, but the rope im not too sure.

-------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

Here's the forklift...The model, Is not all mine, I edited it/added stuff to fit into OFP. I thought it would make a good addition.

e2e50351.jpg

Comments, Suggestions, and Critizim is welcome! And also if anyone can help me texture these please help!

thread dead? If they fixed the Cliping bugs in ArmA, im thinking about making a civil mod, which would include big airports and other stuff....

Maybe for some more ideas, HASEGAWA has some model kits for airplane diorama

U.S. Aerospace Ground Equipment Set 1:72

U.S. Aircraft Weapon Loading Set 1:72

Im sorry for resurrecting a (reletively) old thread but I was away for a while and I didn't notice the new posts. I just want to say that the whole project is on hold until Arma comes out. I have lost my flair for OFP for the time being. If anyone is interesting in continuing it and working on it until Arma please contact me.

Otherwise It will be resumed at a later date. Thanks