Sign in to follow this  
digitalae

Digitalae Stargate Addons

Well you's didn't have to wait long for more news;

I've added some more pictures to my Gallery here:

http://www.digitalae2k.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Pages/Gallery.htm

You can find WIP pictures for the Wraith Dart (might re-do the model), Railgun, Goa'uld Crate, more and I have also added some pictures of the none Stargate addons I have made.

Also thought I would release an old addon, the TER from SG-1.

http://www.digitalae2k.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Pages/AB_Downloads.htm

Well that should keep you's busy untill the next update, which might be soon smile_o.gif

Well another small update today, I've added two more images of the Daedalus bridge WIP and have started work on a new version of the Tel'Tak (Goa'uld cargo ship).

Bridge Images:

http://www.digitalae2k.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Pages/Gallery.htm

I will hopefully have some more news up this afternoon or tomorrow biggrin_o.gif

Yep more of the Bridge done and added another picture to my site, which shows the rear of the bridge too (good news is the X303 uses similar screens and chairs etc, so making that bridge should be quick after I finish this one).

I have just finished modelling the Daedalus Bridge, now it's on to texturing and testing it in game, I've added 2 images of the finished bridge model.

So whats next, I'm going to:

add some detail (hull plating) to the Daedalus external model

finish the Prometheus, Alkesh and Hatak Bridge models and texture them

Then I'm moving on to finishing the Atlantis Outpost and Atlantis Tower (which can both fire drones (they work too).

I will be releasing the Daedalus (this will be an early version and not the final release) this weekend and maybe more, not going to say what day though yet, keeps the suspense going smile_o.gif

Nice work dude, hope to be flying the deadalus soon thumbs-up.gif

Unfourtunately there is a bug in the Daedalus, which causes it to fly strangely (tilt to the left when you turn to the right and the opposite too), so I might not be able to release the ship tomorrow as planned. I'm not sure what is causing this and have had no luck fixing it yet, so any ideas would be greatly appreciated AI seems to fly it ok though, I think it's because of the size.

Because of this I will try and release the X303 (prometheus) instead (may not be till the middle of the week), this still needs some work. However if enough people (say 10) want me to release the Daedalus as it is at the moment (with the flight problem), I will release it as planned for tomorrow night. Please note that this is an early version though so it does contain basic textures and other bugs. So if you do want it released tomorrow or don't want it released until the flight problem is fixed, please post a comment.

If any one can help with this or the other addons or would like to use these addons in their mod, please let me know

Sorry for the bad news sad_o.gif

maybe a config problem. release what you like but i would prefer promethius over deadalus. does promethius have the same problem?

No the Prometheus is fine, no problems with that, Daedalus has the same config as the Prometheus, only differance is the X304 is bigger but had the same problem when it was small too. I'm aiming to release the X303 by Tuesday as it still needs the bridge to be finished and the weapons added.

I will try and release the X303 and Alkesh at the same time as both of these work fine.

So not all bad news smile_o.gif

maybe you have geometry lod mass not balanced?

And maybe your'e interested in my shield?

It has nice features, like a chargable,dischargable power cell, visible barrier when hit. just that you cant fire through it, yet..

Yes Shield would be great, I've played round with a few ideas to make a shield in the past, with not much luck.

I tried using a seperate model which used a geo and fire lod for the shield with the end of the turrent or gun pointing just out side of the shield so it could fire, then the geo and fire lod would stop the bullets or people from passing through, this worked some times against AI opponents but most of the time they couldn't see past the geo lod, also couldn't get it to work round the size of the ship.

Nearly all of my ships would need a shield ability, including the puddle jumper which I want to give the option to switch between shield or cloak.

Any help or advice would be great. How big can your shield go, would it cover the ship?

well, it works like you said, but ai can see it. It can be scaled as large as you want. I have the demo mission of, i can send it to you if you want.

Yeah that would be great, does it have a script to add it to a moving object.

daesghwm@hotmail.com

Thanks, I'll test it with the Prometheus and send you a copy to see what you think.

Unfourtunatley I have decided to delay releasing Daedalus and some of my other addons until I resolve some issues with them, I am also improving the models so they are more detailed. Hopefully this won't take long but it will mean they are of a higher quality upon release.

The Prometheus has recieved a large face lift and has a more detailed hull, bridge and should now be the right scale, I'll release some images of it when I finnish adding the final details to it along with some small hull improvements to the Daedalus.

I think Walmis is right about the Geo lod causing the problem with the Daedalus flying, so I should be able to fix that this weekend and have more news for you all then (fingers crossed).

Unfourtunatley I have decided to delay releasing Daedalus and some of my other addons until I resolve some issues with them, I am also improving the models so they are more detailed.  Hopefully this won't take long but it will mean they are of a higher quality upon release.

The Prometheus has recieved a large face lift and has a more detailed hull, bridge and should now be the right scale, I'll release some images of it when I finnish adding the final details to it along with some small hull improvements to the Daedalus.

I think Walmis is right about the Geo lod causing the problem with the Daedalus flying, so I should be able to fix that this weekend and have more news for you all then (fingers crossed).

and what new about puddle jumper ? I can't wait the final realese ! wink_o.gif

The Daedalus and Prometheus hulls have received a large increase in detail, still too early for some shots but they should be done soon, still having problem with their scripts though.

The puddle jumper hasn't received much work yet, mostly because Walmis's version has better features and looks better too smile_o.gif however I will release another version of my jumper with the retracting pods etc in the future so you'll all have something to play with until Walmis's version is complete.

And it wouldn't be news without some screens, so here is my latest model, the Replicator (small bug), currently in development

http://www.digitalae2k.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Images....tor.jpg

And yes it is in true replicator form, it's made up of individual blocks, so hopefully they won't start to eat my computer smile_o.gif

The Daedalus and Prometheus hulls have received a large increase in detail, still too early for some shots but they should be done soon, still having problem with their scripts though.

The puddle jumper hasn't received much work yet, mostly because Walmis's version has better features and looks better too smile_o.gif however I will release another version of my jumper with the retracting pods etc in the future so you'll all have something to play with until Walmis's version is complete.

And it wouldn't be news without some screens, so here is my latest model, the Replicator (small bug), currently in development

And yes it is in true replicator form, it's made up of individual blocks, so hopefully they won't start to eat my computer smile_o.gif

great ! walmis what new about your puddle jumper ? tounge2.gifwink_o.gif

Well the Replicator is looking much better, nearly finished it, just the mid section to go, haven't a clue how I'm gonna animate it, but will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Can't seem to get the images thing to work here, so added the url instead.

Well small update today, work is still progressing on the X304 and X303, the Replicator model was a little too detailed for my computer and OFP, so I am also making a lower detailed version which is nearly done.

I have also started work on one of my largest addons, here's the first pic

http://www.digitalae2k.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Images....ire.jpg

Yep, it's the Atlantis Central Spire (only the top part done so far), I am hoping to add walkable areas such as the control room, drone chair (yep you'll be able to launch drones) and jumper bay (with jumpers) to it and yes after this is done I will be working on other areas of the city as long as I can get it into OFP smile_o.gif In total there will be upto 3 towers made, Atlantis Spire, Replicator Tower (as seen in "Progeny") and Alteran Tower (as seen in "The Tower").

I looked at your jumper, and it has some problems of structures, besides that great work. smile_o.gif

Yeah the Jumper still has a lot of work to be done on the structures and could do with some optimizations.

Another small news update this weekend, the External Model of the Alteran Tower is now done (but may recieve some improvements) and I'm going to start work on the internal model later this weekend, below is a link to the current model picture and a picture of the jumper flying close to the tower.

http://www.digitalae2k.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Images....ire.jpg

http://www.digitalae2k.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Images....re1.jpg

Oh you will need the Ancient Gene to use this addon smile_o.gif

At the moment I am still having problems changing the flight model and getting the hit points and geo lods to work.

So I know that you's have been waiting patiently so I will release it as is for the moment and will release updates as I fix the problems.

So it should be out by Sunday smile_o.gif

Please note that they will contain bugs, but these are being slowly repaired and the models are still receiving some improvements (but comments are allways welcome)

I am still looking for help with these addons, particularly with the textures and anyone who has good experience with Lods and config files.

I will also have the first shots of the Atlantis Control Room for you all this weekend.