Sign in to follow this  
Drew77

A few questions plz help

Hi I have been playing this game ever since it came out and I started playing it again because of addons and mods. I was wondering. I dont want to units to go prone how do I make them just stand up witout going prone. And I dont want my units using nades how do I do this?? THANKS

I dont want to units to go prone how do I make them just stand up witout going prone.And I dont want my units using nades how do I do this?? THANKS

jus put this in each soldier's INIT field

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setunitpos "up"

and bout the nades thing

u need to removeallweapons frm tht unit and then u have to add all the desired weapons excluding teh nades

eg...put this in the INIT field of any soldier

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "M16";this addmagazine "M16";this addmagazine "M16";this addweapon "M16"

this code will add a standard m16 wid 3 mags....nuthin else.

type this setUnitPos "up" to keep them standing. and this removeMagazine "handGrenade"; for each hand grenade the unit has, use "grenade" if it's an m203.

Put this into the init field of the unit. Make sure to put a semi colon (;), between each command.

this removemagazines "handgrenade"

Much much easier, removes all the specified ammo from the soldier.

Quote[/b] ]jus put this in each soldier's INIT field

be careful witht this one, sometimes its better to put in an init sqs, with a pause first, cause lots of initfields and lots of soldiers = not done. on the whole it works .but if ya get probs, this could be why.

where is ofpec sad_o.gif

this prolly in editing by 1 hour , place all bets smile_o.gif

surprised it isn't already in editing, and thanks for that lil tip BlackScorpion, will save me so much time in the future.

Just another quick question when I make the units stand up I am using balc ops with FFRU mod they dont use there mp5 they just pull out there pistol. WHY??

Ok NM it only seems to do it for the black ops

It seems ofp AIs like their new toys (pistols weren't introduced until Resistance) and use em as much as possible. You have to remove em sadly sad_o.gif

Hopefully in ArmA handguns will be handled better by AI.

Please look around before posting to make sure you post in the right place, these are mission editing questions not general questions.

Moving to Mission Editing and Scripting smile_o.gif

I've noticed that the FFUR AI actually know when to use their handgun at appropriate times (moreso than any other addon I've seen), like, say a sniper is entering a village, or a machinegunner, or an officer. When they're walking around houses, round corners, they unholster their pistol. Pretty cool if you ask me thumbs-up.gif

Hmmm, true, Namhsahs - problem is that during cutscenes, riflemen will do it too - just watch the end of Red Hammer and you'll see what I mean. The Spetsnaz won't fire a shot from their AKs, they'll all get their APS' out and die when the rifle-armed Resistance whack them! rofl.gif (All except Dmitri, of course, though I have seen him die once).

Funny and annoying to watch.

Yeah Maceron, I guess there are times when they don't like using their weapons. I wonder if anybody's ever stopped to consider what goes on in these guys' head? huh.gif Would make a pretty interesting sitcom tounge2.gif

You could, to get the to stop using their pistol order them at mission start to just drop them, but hmmm, not the best of solutions confused_o.gif