Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Island Demo: Project Owl

Ah come on - is ONE large military base going to hurt on an island that size?

If you (your mission) will need such a base (or any other military compound), then make-place it yourself, it shouldn't be to hard. IMO it's 'a crime' to contaminate such a lovely countryside with military structures. Same goes for the industrial objects. But the last is the author's word ... wink_o.gif

If you (your mission) will need such a base (or any other military compound), then make-place it yourself, it shouldn't be to hard. IMO it's 'a crime' to contaminate such a lovely countryside with military structures. Same goes for the industrial objects. But the last is the author's word ... wink_o.gif

make it ourselves? honey, placing buildings in the editor takes 4 times as much cpu power! crazy_o.gif

I agree with you on the military objects, but some small factories at some places would me good. wink_o.gif

what about some small police or militia barracks perhaps connected to a prison? And a compound with some better looking buildings as some kind of government center.

This is such a very neat little island! It fit's perfectly in OFP, even with those old CWC trees. Better, I think the add to the admosphere of the island. It would be nice though to add some farmland objects, not to modern. Think like small grain?/corn silos, barns. Maybe some telephone poles and powerlines along the roads. Those are not to difficult objects to create and if you keep the texture quality the same as the BIS CWC objects the will fit in nicely. I happen to have a grass addon which I created for Bonaire isle which is absolutely lag free. If you wan't it I will make it as a standalone object (It's set up as a forest type object). You can fill a Nogova size island with it without noticing FPS drop. Although it's not as dense as Uwar grass or Inv44 it add's something to those empty areas. Anyway PM me if you wan't to give it a try.

Cheers

tested the island a little quicky and it was nice even if it uses old tree's and stuff  tounge2.gif  andyways agree totally with what AfrographX said.

btw keep up the nice work. Its people like you that make the game last longer that make 'em new battlegrounds to explore, one of the thing with ofp that is so great is the way you always can get that extra little bit of variation smile_o.gif

Hi,

Belated congratulations on your birthday. The new island looks very nice. If I may make a suggestion, I would propose to use some more paved terrain in the villages, for instance in front of the church. A cobbled stone or asphalt surface would look better there than a gras or dirt surface, lest the congregation tramples it into a mudfield on a rainy day.

Regards,

Sander

Just a quick question when you say unused farmland what do you mean? Do you just mean grassy fields or what?