Sign in to follow this  
alloisi

grumman j2f

Wake up guys. This is sex. smile_o.gif

Thanks!!

LOL tounge2.gif

Anyways GREAT plane man. GJ

This airplane textures and finished touches look real good.

However I cannot use it on my daily gameplay because it is a WWII units and we use actual units on our server.

Anyway the author deserves to be congratulated for a really artist touch on this one. welcome.gif

Student Pilot have added one more feature to the Duck.  adjusted the float script to add a wake while the plane is in the water and faster than 10 km/h. also slightly raised the height the Duck sits in the water because it would occasionally become damaged during normal takeoff and landing where it was.

smile_o.gif

download the new version 1.5

Grumman J2F

Great looking plane, will try to get this baby in a mission smile_o.gif

i dont want to rain on anybodys parade here but the textures are from, what looks to be Pacfic Fighters, or one of the games from that series. althou i dont recall the athor of this addon ever laying claim that the textures were his so i shant critisize that smile_o.gif however i do give him great credit for converting them to ofp textures and keeping the calirty. thats nearly impossible.

the first time i saw this i thought that looks great! and its nice to see the "underdog" of the WWII planes getting some attention. not many people know of the duck or what it did.

so thank you very much for the addon smile_o.gif

this model and the texture not are a conversion! biggrin_o.gif

i dont want to rain on anybodys parade here but the textures are from, what looks to be Pacfic Fighters, or one of the games from that series. althou i dont recall the athor of this addon ever laying claim that the textures were his so i shant critisize that smile_o.gif however i do give him great credit for converting them to ofp textures and keeping the calirty. thats nearly impossible.

the first time i saw this i thought that looks great! and its nice to see the "underdog" of the WWII planes getting some attention. not many people know of the duck or what it did.

When I saw this I thought it immediatly must be a conversion too, but I don't recall a j2f ever being in pacific fighers...I'm pretty sure the author created it himself biggrin_o.gif And great work for it thumbs-up.gif

hello,

is there a possibility to get the WWII pilot pack without subscribing to fileplanet?

that would be great ...

P.S. very nice addon

Try here parvus.

I cant have my texture settings high nough to get the full quality of them, but even on low resolution the plane looks really nice, and like the floating ability, AFAIK only a cessna addon has this as well.

I saw you got lots of WW2 vehicles on the go, but any chance of another plane (Axis counter part to j2f??). Good job.

I like the textures, as already mentioned by everyone else. But above all I like how this plane flies and manuevers. Truly a great job. Student Pilot, are you resonsible for the flight model/weight distributing in this addon? It's a marvelous job. The sea landing option works perfectly.

@nominesine

No, I can't take credit for that. Alloisi did a great job with this plane. He created the model, textures, and coded it all himself. I just added a few small features.

-Pilot

When I saw this I thought it immediatly must be a conversion too, but I don't recall a j2f ever being in pacific fighers...I'm pretty sure the author created it himself biggrin_o.gif And great work for it thumbs-up.gif

there is a duck in PF. its not playable its just a eye candy but often your able to edit the texs of the eye candy planes.. i checked my pf install and there is no duck texture base so i stand corrected. my applogies confused_o.gif

there is a duck in PF. its not playable its just a eye candy but often your able to edit the texs of the eye candy planes.. i checked my pf install and there is no duck texture base so i stand corrected. my applogies confused_o.gif

Pappy, just checked it and there isn't. I've got 4.04m so I think I should have it if there was one...

And about the textures issue... if it just looks like it, it might not be. Especially nowadays the texture artists do really great job trying to represent the original camo, and knowing US Navy, it was standard issue so...