Sign in to follow this  
Matthijs

Wachtmeester's Fokker Vintage Series!

Hello all!

Previously , there were some issues with ownership approval, but here's the first Beta of Wachtmeester's Fokker Vintage Series. This initial release features three types of aircraft, all from

the World War 1 era.

- E3

- Dr1

- D7

In this release:

-New D7 model, added D7 NL 1920 version

-D7 textures improved

-Added five Dr1 repaints, Baumer, Bolle, Jacobs, Tutschek and von Baur.

-Added different sounds for the guns, D7 engine and environmental.

All models come in numerous variants, and since this is the first release I will create some more, if you have requests, don't hesitate to ask Wachtmeester. The definitive pack will also feature a mission pack and aircraft from other era.

Leaves me to say that Wachtmeester did a great job on this pack! Even if you are not into historical stuff, try it. It's really great fun to fight the Red Baron.

thumbs-up.gif

Download it here:

http://llw.the-dropzone.net/download/misc/fokker_beta.rar

To use this pack you need the BIS Camel which can be found here:

ftp://ftp.gamepark.cz:8021/ofpd/biscamel.zip

CREDITS:

--------

3D models: E3/Dr1/D7 Wouter Groenen

Textures: Wouter Groenen / Some are based upon a different game, forgot the name but I will look if I

can find it

Config: Wouter Groenen

Script: Burn script borrowed from Operation Somme mod, which was the inspiration for this pack

And everybody else who I might have forgotten

If you want to contribute to this addon, send an e-mail to Woutergroenen at hotmail dot youknowwhat

[ig]http://llw.the-dropzone.net/main/modules/gallery/albums/album06/foto1.sized.jpg[/img](requesting username/password, fix please)

Quote[/b] ]Not Found

The requested URL /download/ofp_llw/fokker_beta.rar was not found on this server.

Says it all.

huh.gifsad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Not Found

The requested URL /download/ofp_llw/fokker_beta.rar was not found on this server.

Says it all.

huh.gifsad_o.gif

Sorry, fixed.

Having played around with these planes for the last twenty minutes, I have to say there are many improvements. The new D7 model looks and flies very well, great job on that.

The Dr1 seems to be flying a little better as well, unless I managed to fly them a bit better since my last attempt (went right into the water after a stall). Good job with this pack, thanks again for the effort put into it, especially by adding a new model for the D7

there are fun to fly and shoot at!

i shot down a D7 with a colt 45. how many people in history shot down a plane with a handgun? rofl.gif

give me an M14 and i can shoot down at least 4

Well done glad you got them released again biggrin_o.gif, its using your model i presume?

are those the snoppys that came with McDonalds meal about 5 year ago. My sis got all of them except Panama wink_o.gif

i havnt the slightest clue.. i just submited a picture with the best angle and 'detail' in hopes someone would make a snoopy ace addon now..

if someone models and textures it i can config it biggrin_o.gif

The new types of plane are nice, particuly the ability now to have 2 different types of Allied plane, but the new D7 engine sounds (both West and East types) just sounds like rushing air to me. I dont know what the real life engine is like, but it doesn't sound like the Dr1 and E types at all (in 1st and 3rd person).

Hi all,

thanks for the feedback.

@Hotshot: I didn't have any problems with the D7 sound. What you here is only the environmental sound which is indeed some windgust. Try switching views and fire the guns, but I guess you allready tried that... Let's see if more people encounter this problem.

@Marcus: I didn't have this problem but that's because I have OFP 1.96 installed. But I heard it to from some other people. Thanks for the right link, in a future update I will post the right link icon_rolleyes.gif .

@all: some tips in flying:

-It pays to have a joystick, this will let you do loops en rolls.

-Push the nose down at the start and pick up some speed before taking off.

-Don't try manouvering at low speeds, this will leed to a stall.

-If you're high enough, when stalling, push they nose down to pick up speed. These baby's will fly at just 60 km per hour or so.

You'll notice the E3 goes only 140 at max, just imagine how dogfighting was in those days...

I know the AI does have some trouble with taking of and keeping these things in the air. That's just an OFP engine barrier we have to live with.

Cheers,

Wouter

@Hotshot: I didn't have any problems with the D7 sound. What you here is only the environmental sound which is indeed some windgust. Try switching views and fire the guns, but I guess you allready tried that... Let's see if more people encounter this problem.

I have a problem too.

beautiful planes, thank you.

i also have that sound issue (or lack of it)

also, i know this is a beta release but:

-theres lack of shadow lods in most planes.

-the propeler cube (the tip) in some of the planes disappears when it starts spinning fast.

-and maybe you could consider changing the smoke effects for when the plane explodes? they are a bit heavy and there will be a big drop in fps if a few of them are burning simultaneously. (i really like the mid-air flames though).

this said, keep up the excellent work, WWI planes roXxOr inlove.gif

yea i ditto that engine bug.

i thought it was just my game being stupid. once or twice it worked. since then its all stealth airplane on me  crazy_o.gif

edit: bonko are you sure thats a plane script? it looks an aweful lot like the GMR explosion script i use for Y2K3 that i get with the A10 and Su25

- Allright, I found the engine bug. Seems that during compression of the PBO, the ogg file got corrupt.

- Second, the shadow LOD, you're right i totally forgot it at the D7 model.

- Propelor spin is indeed kind of odd, i will look into that.

- Smoke effects were taken from Operation Somme mod, as stated in the readme file, but i'll see if I can change it. (I'm not really into scripting).

Bugs will thus be fixed at next release.

Thanks again for the feedback!

beautiful planes, thank you.

i also have that sound issue (or lack of it)

also, i know this is a beta release but:

-theres lack of shadow lods in most planes.

-the propeler cube (the tip) in some of the planes disappears when it starts spinning fast.

-and maybe you could consider changing the smoke effects for when the plane explodes? they are a bit heavy and there will be a big drop in fps if a few of them are burning simultaneously. (i really like the mid-air flames though).

this said, keep up the excellent work, WWI planes roXxOr inlove.gif

I have flames and smoke that gets blacker, the more damage the aircraft has suffered, but I thought it was a combination of ECP and John's effects huh.gif

@ Bonko ; on the subject of WW1 aircraft, you missed a cracking game earlier this afternoon, Furia and Matt Rochelle against me. I kicked ass oooobviously inlove.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Here is a script that will make the pilots jump to their deaths, without parachutes, from burning planes.

(WWI fighter pilots generally did not have chutes, and would sometimes jump, rather than be burned alive when thier planes caught fire.)

This is just a part of the ejecton seat script from another addon, minus the "seat".

I did not write this...just modified it for this type of use...

put it in a folder called "scripts", located inside the fokkerS.pbo

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_array = _this select 0

_plane = _array select 0

_pilot = _array select 2

?(speed _plane < 1) : exit

_oldpara = vehicle _pilot

_pilot action ["GETOUT", _oldpara]

deletevehicle _oldpara

#Exit

exit

ADD THIS EVENT HANDLER to the plane's config:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">getout = "[_this] exec{\FokkerS\scripts\eject.sqs}";

Image at <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://llw.the-dropzone.net/main/modules/gallery/albums/album06/foto1.sized.jpg is requesting a username/password every time the page is viewed, as were Wachtmeester's avatar/signature, all have been removed, please fix the issue before replacing them.

Image at <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://llw.the-dropzone.net/main/modules/gallery/albums/album06/foto1.sized.jpg
is requesting a username/password every time the page is viewed, as were Wachtmeester's avatar/signature, all have been removed, please fix the issue before replacing them.

That is because the site admin took the site down after script kiddie attack #4124719.

All that is left now is a new forum

Here is a script that will make the pilots jump to their deaths, without parachutes, from burning planes.

(WWI fighter pilots generally did not have chutes, and would sometimes jump, rather than be burned alive when thier planes caught fire.)

This is just a part of the ejecton seat script from another addon, minus the "seat".

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_array = _this select 0

_plane = _array select 0

_pilot = _array select 2

deletevehicle _oldpara

#Exit

exit

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">getout = "[_this] exec{\FokkerS\scripts\eject.sqs}";

This depends on which period of WW1 you're simulating...

Later on in the war, after 1917, parachutes were banned, to give pilots more incentive not to get shot down crazy_o.gif

_array = _this select 0

_plane = _array select 0

_pilot = _array select 2

deletevehicle _oldpara

#Exit

exit

This depends on which period of WW1 you're simulating...

Later on in the war, after 1917, parachutes were banned, to give pilots more incentive not to get shot down  crazy_o.gif

Parachutes were a rarity throughout the entire war...

Balloon crews used them as an escape device, but they were not generally used in airplanes.

They were considered a "stunt" tool, used in barnstorming events.

The war took place from 1914 to 1918.

The first British pilot to deploy one, did it in 1917.

The order to equip British pilots with chutes did not take place until Sept. 1918...The war ended two months later, in Nov. 1918.

A few Austrian pilots experimented with them, but not in any great number.

The United States started looking into parachutes as a safety device after the war.

Some, but very few pilots in WWI had the luxury of a parachute.

Quote[/b] ]

On 13 January 1917, RFC Captain Clive Collett made the first British military parachute jump from a heavier-than-air craft. The jump, from 600 feet, was successful but the higher authorities in the RFC and the Air Board were opposed to the issuing of parachutes to aeroplane pilots. It was felt at the time that a parachute might tempt a pilot to abandon his aircraft in an emergency rather than continuing the fight. It was not until 16 September 1918 that the order was issued for all single seater aircraft to be fitted with parachutes.

Thanks for the script Madmadic, I added it to the pack so next I release it you will fall to a curtain death when ejecting... but that's better then burning I guess... icon_rolleyes.gif