Sign in to follow this  
Marcus4

Cast Away

Just a thought... but Your mod sounds like an ideal mod for AA. I mean, they surely got animals and even more wildlife, enhanced ocean physics, etc. SO porting it to AA when its once out would be an ideal step!

i have some suggestions:

1 - what about a few animals on the island, like, snakes and they attack you?

2 - shallow water for about 30m then it gets deep? if so, this'll be good cause people will go out far to go fishing, and there could be sharks. it would be simple to do that, just a fin that moves for you and when it gets near you, you die or something.

3 - "big" cliffs on 1 side of the island with rocks and stuff, and the other side is like, smooth and stuff...

4 - waves, from small, medium to big waves

5 - what about storms or something and it can cause bushfires or something?

6 - what about a campaign of it? each mission, you do something, like,

intro: a plane crashes or something like that, u survive, at an island...

mis1: look around.

mis2: find food and cook.

mis3: go fishing (and have sharks around)

mis4: survive and stormy night with heaps of lighting and waves.

mis5: find stuff to make a boat.

mis6: escape island on boat, with waves and storm...

I think just having as one mission, with a goal and pehaps a few side storylines would be better than a campaign

as far as i know theres just a handfull of animals available for ofp ( Dog, Donkey, Chicken, Horses and a Rabbit) iknow about a tiger but its not really good. If possible u should create deer, snakes, birds, pigs and some kind of dangerous bigcat or wolf or bear.

Yeah, I have been doing some resaerch on animals in the tropics.O, btw, I'm want to make a island with a volcano on it biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]what about a campaign of it?

I dont think so, going for more of a dynamic mission smile_o.gif

This is beginning to sound great. Could well be one of the freshest ideas for a long time. I like it!

I've got quite a bit on the go at the moment but I'd be happy to help you out once it's out of the way. I don't ever want to be attached in any way to a specific MOD again. I was a member of P-UKF for a very brief period at it's very beginning (their work has come on massively since then biggrin_o.gif). I would rather just help as and when. If you need any assistance drop me a pm thumbs-up.gif

Ok, thanks. Right now I am working on the map, I need some idea's for shape's of islands  biggrin_o.gif  bring it on

in the bonus dvd from cast away, you see the hole island! i can make you some screenshots if u want smile_o.gif just mail me or add me in icq : 346667110

Ok, I need input.

1. Do you think I should use the CSJ rabbit addon? (Rabbits arn't in the tropics :P )

2. Do you think I should use the Jungle Objects pack!? (its 20mgs, and i want this to be small)

Thanks Guys!

Peace out

Ok, I need input.

1. Do you think I should use the CSJ rabbit addon? (Rabbits arn't in the tropics :P )

Don't worry about that. You need a food source, and no-ones going to ask any questions if the MOD is of a really good quality anyway.

2. Do you think I should use the Jungle Objects pack!? (its 20mgs, and i want this to be small)

Can you just select the parts of that jungle that you want, and so keep the size down?

One more thing, if you are doing a project like this and have not played FarCry get yourself a copy and play it. You should be able to pick-up a second hand copy cheaply off ebay. For me this is THE tropical paradise game. Nothing else I have played on the PC (or perhaps even on the Amiga) recreated that tropical paradise atmosphere aswell as FarCry did. This would give you loads of ideas smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]1. Do you think I should use the CSJ rabbit addon? (Rabbits arn't in the tropics :P )

Yes why not as far as i know there are rabbit living in australia, so why not on smaller islands? U can say there are brought there by former colonists or something like that.

If u want to i can help u making some addon stuff.

For example i startet to modify the "Gimbal Tosers Addon" to get a single stone thrower Addon. At this time iam working on some objects like woods, stones and improvised weapons and traps.

So if u want some help mail me or send me a pm.

Been working hard, check it out!

Snake.jpg

Would't want to walk thru the jungle and see this baby tounge2.gif

biggrin_o.gif , yes I know, the textureing needs work, and, dont worry, it will be animat'd biggrin_o.gif

Peace out

Nice! And the wildlife will be quite useful for 'Nam missions too!

dave :O you finally registered here.

anyway, the snake looks good, but are you an animator? if not, i know someone who could animate it. maccollo (general), if he wants to. he is a great animator smile_o.gif

Yeah, I can animate. but, I would need help configuring things, I suck at Configs tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Don't forget, you said you'd do vikings on MSN!

biggrin_o.gif

Sorry,.. Vikings smile_o.gif

It would be pretty cool to see a slithering animation for the snake, definately something I didn't expect to see in OFP.

Update!

1. Work'd out all the rabbit scripts

2. Working on a rabbit hole

Peace out

it would be awesome if you could make the hole IN the surface and not as a static object ON the ground.

------

i remember that i once saw some screens of foxholes that were actually inside the surface (in OFP of course.where else? wink_o.gif )

Yeah, I can animate. but, I would need help configuring things, I suck at Configs tounge2.gif

i could help with that if you want, i think i know how to icon_rolleyes.gif

I can't wait for this to be completed! Ofp is probably the only game where you could pull this off with any chance for realism.

I kinda had an idea like this awhile back, but you crash in the mountains , cold and hunger would be your enemy smile_o.gif

But I like your idea way more!

Possible suggestions

1.Make a better sound for the ocean ,as hearing the ofp water sound effect for a long time could drive a person mad smile_o.gif

Maybe porting farcrys sound?

2.I don't see a problem with rabbits, they are a hardy animal. And all kinds of animals have been deposited in the strangest places. In many cases it's man trying to introduce new food sources.

Other food ideas

snails,chickens,pigs/boars,monkeys,crabs,bugs,birds,fish of all kinds,shellfish,plants,....hehe your copilot, lol

Maybe text like,( hey you just found some snails in a tide pool), could be used. That way you don't have to model small creatures. They would just go in your text menu.

3.I loved the islands in farcry , maybe ww2 Japanese planes or bases can be strewn about. But that depends where your island will be located smile_o.gif Even just a few rusty parts from a old plane could open all kinds of tool or weapon ideas.

4.Weather , one thing that always made wonder about farcry was little to no rain. Guess it was an engine thing.

Now that I look at what I typed it seems a lil much biggrin_o.gif Whatever you do will be fine with me, this sounds like my kinda mission.

Thanks mate

I had the idea of once this was done, remakeing it for the moutins tounge2.gif , you read me mind.

Update:

I made a hole for the rabbit to live in

biggrin_o.gif

maybe pics later

One more thing, befor I make 20 bazzlion scripts.

Should I make it where you can only carry so much?

Then once u make a backpack or something, you could carry more?

Should it be dynamic cooking? like where you have to let the thing cook for 30's and if it gose over it burns and if it not done yet it could maybe make you sick?