Sign in to follow this  
jbauer74

GI JOE MOD

what I ask is just some help..expecially in creating new veichles Spad , Atstwalker can you hear me ?? some help would be really appreciated !

yes i heard u smile_o.gif

the Manta windsurf it's almoust done (miss only to make usable the rocket) and i wish to enhance the Skyhawk smile_o.gif after i will add the lods on others vehicles (APC, MOBAT, FANG)

here is the 3ds building i made as a test. if you can texture this building an send it back to me an let me see it work in flashpoint i can work on the other buildings. you will have to texture them but i can get the basic design laid out.

here is the download link.

http://rapidshare.de/files/15414146/test3ds.zip.html

also. i think with the patch an some of bee's misisons we can rerelease the mod now. if we rerelease it we can get a new download link on ofp.info. as it stands no one can get the gi joe mod from ofp.info as the ftp1 is down. if we put my map in this release an your patch with some of bees working missions, maybe we can generate some more interest in the mod.

Excellent Walker. I cant wait to play with the addons. Its like im getting my Gi joe collection all over again lol. Spad looking forward to your quad. The map is going great. Springfiled is coming good. The rest of the map is good. Folgore you did not see the full potential due to all the addons that did not show up. I have include addons like ocean island addons and Phil commandos pc capital, f3wx,sity objects,of course your gi joe stuff, all ags stuff, there are other addons and now bhd stuff. The stadium is interesting it is basically a set of bleachers. I will try to make it into something special I will try to find some high walls and try to give it more the feel of a stadium. I could post the map but one problem i need links to the addons. I collect an achive of ofp addons but how are we gonna do this do we include all the addons in a downloadable pack. Or link everything. It all takes time. Perhaps i will give you 3 more pictures of the other cities in the new map. From the map releaased earilier on the forum gobs of changes. I think that many people will have fun with it.

Cops and robbers mission is coming pretty good too. me and bee are working on it.

Can we get some addon makers help.

Ice

i have been working on several missions. i have 4 for sure that are ready to go as is, maybee 5 if i figure this one thing out.  just let me know what yall intend to do as far as releaseing the mod an i will bee sure to upload the missions

these missions are not comic book missions. they are the really simple ones like ctf an flag fights an skirmish an such. all useing the gi joe an cobra charaters. nothing really special but they are on cobra island an can bee easly adapted to go on ice's island.

really looking forward to seeing walkers work. the one thing this mod an these missions is really missing is gi joe an cobra vehicles. glad to see some in the works.

yay.gif

Hey walker is there any way you can fix the cobra Flight pod too. Arent the engines similar to those on the skyhawks? Cant wait for the finished product. Great work.

Ice

Here is the reason why the ftp 1 is down and why you can't download the gijoe mod beta 1 pack from ofp.info :

We're experiencing an issue with the FTP#1 server used for hosting big files such as addons, mods or missions. That's why no download is currently working at the moment on this FTP (links using :8021 in address). However the FTP#2 is working properly, even if it is slower since there's no load balancing anymore.

The FTP#1 server will be down for at least 1 week. It's a consequence of the hosting problem we had some time ago, the current FTP#1 server hardware can't handle the huge traffic.

Edit: FTP#2 server can't handle the whole traffic, it has been turned off directly by our host, and there's nothing we can do about it. We will have more information next monday.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience!

p.s.

by the way good anim on that skyhawk.

Hello fellow g.i.joe lovers.Does anyone know somewhere else I can find the gi joe mod beta besides gamepark.Any info would be greatly appreciated here.I really miss shooting cobras with my joes.

thanks

as of right now unless the mod is somehow reposted, no one will bee able to download it till ofp.info fixes there server problems. unless of course there is someone out there with there own ftp an they just happen to have that file on there.

i would send you the file glady except that i am on dial up  banghead.gif

lets just hope ofp.info ftp1 server comes back up soon

confused_o.gif

Very nice.

Soooo, just like the cartoon, will everything have to be scripted so when a fang or rattler is shot down, the guy always manages to parachute out at the last second wink_o.gif

Just kidding, looking good. Can't wait for a full beta download to play with

simply outstanding !!  thumbs-up.gif  well about the driver they were  usually cobra soldiers same for flightpod but i can remember that also Dr.Mindbender drive them.

WOW! I had forgotten about the Fang. I used to own that toy. Man... that brings back memories! (sniff! ah the good ol' days of carefree childhood).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Looks great . Glad to see you guys are still keeping this project alive.Can anyone send me the gijoe beta mod please.I had the mod until I had to reformat my pc.

lightly, your in the same boat I am, waiting for the original mod to be linked from somewhere else(best of my knowledge is it is only at ofp.info but they are having download probs) or hoping that this newest addition, along with the needed orginal files, are packed together and offered up for downloading.

those involved seem to be up to thier eyeballs in work, so patience is the key.

and we all have a learned a ton of that.....you know.....waiting for ArmA and all biggrin_o.gif

Thank you very much for hosting that.Made my day to have the mod again.If I can help you guys somehow, let me know.

Thanks again atstwalker , very cool of you.

lightlytoasted what are your skills? certainly we need some help ..I am searching someone that could make some buildings and a cpp coder for the new weapons

Realy Cool, biggrin_o.gif

i post it on our best german OFP-Site.

I think many people would download them.

Thanks notworthy.gif

Greetings

Imutep

OFP.4players.de

I have been marooned in lunigiana Italy with no internet conection for a month, finaly crack and pay Tiscali for a dial up [dearer than broadband, but only dialup available] and check out OFP  then voila ................................I find Folgore and friends are back in action.  Great news..  but will have to return to the uk and my broadband connection.

Will dig out some old cobra island mp missions and update them .

For a lanparty the GIJoe mod is unbeatable.

Few questions..

Two full clips of 5.56mm from a BAS Ranger to down a Crimson guard at close range. Joes and Cobras both actually. So trooper "hit point" or "armor" a little up there?

H.I.S.S. tank is in the GI Joe section for the editor.

Both of these items I ran into from downloading the new mirrored link, Original ModV1.0 and then the patch made.

Also scored some P3d errors on the original island load up.

cbriobjectgra\ cbrigrass.p3d

And then on the new multi base island from Ice,

c7_bridge\ c7_bridge3.p3d

Both islands are great, the orginal large island is a wonderfull rendition of the comic book island from the Cobra civil war, and the joecobra island feels just like I steped into issue one.

Everyone does look like the comic book. Faces are tough to recognize but the obvious uniforms can be ID'ed a mile away. Are you sticking to using only the comic faces or possibly going to OFP style faces?

and did I catch Flint mocking me as I shot at him? Swear I heard him calling out some cartoon lines..

hey guys

just a little update for you. i have been werking hard on some missions for Folgore's Cobra Island. an here they are. there are 6 of them. there are 4 addons needed for the missions an they are in the zip. the only other addons you will need are the G.I. Joe Mod itself and the patch. they are not perfected an pretty much my first release of them. so consider them beta missions if you please. if you have any comments or suggestions you will find my email address in the zip files readme.  please let me know if there is a way i can improve these missions or something i can do in the mission some script or addon i need to use to make them better. (or even help me get my ctf flag to respawn right) tounge2.gif

they are are simple missions no comic books scripts or anything. they are ctfs an coops an such. i would love to do a 3 way ctf but my problem is there are no Joes or Cobras in the resistance side. if we had some resistance guys it would bee easier. maybee the iron grenaders or the dreadnots could bee resistance guys. i dont know.

i am still werking on 4 or 5 more missions for this island as well as werking on reproduceing these same missions for ice's island as well.

ice an i are still werking on the GI Joe vs Cobra Sin City mission. basically a cops n robbers thing with joes an cobras. again we need some resistance guys an ther are none. but we are makeing due with civilians for the momment.

i hope these missions are ok enough to play. i have a 2 gigahertz processor an 512 megs of ram an they run ok for me with out any lag. i hope they run as good for you.

i uploaded them to rapidshare. enjoy!

http://rapidshare.de/files....ip.html

yay.gif  yay.gif