Sign in to follow this  
franze

OH-58D Kiowa Warrior v1.0

For the Blackhawk, we're going to make it so that whenever it crashes, it has the explosive equivalent to a daisy cutter. For the Chinook, whenever it crashes, there will be a nuclear explosion and everything on the map will get wiped out.

Seriously, in regards to those two, the original plan had been to give them the capability to transport supplies to assist the Apaches, but we never really came around to them (except the UH-60 - we stretched reality a bit and gave it the capability to move 5 ton trucks around.)

As for the Cardboard Box, believe it or not, I forgot it wasn't completely public yet. Otherwise I would have used BIS Cobra for that shot.

Yeah, I had, but then I downloaded the Apache pack 1.33... it's listed at ofp.info, go and download it there... wink_o.gif

Anyone has problems with `mas_heliwep` missing?

I have... crazy_o.gif

If you read the first post, you'll notice a line saying

Quote[/b] ](NOTICE: You need AH-64A/D Complete and JAM2/3 to use the Kiowa Warrior)
Translated into english, that becomes
Quote[/b] ](NOTICE: You need AH-64A/D Complete and JAM2/3 to use the Kiowa Warrior)
and you'll notice there's a hyperlink in it, leading to a RAR archive. Download that file and in it you shall find the addon "mas_heliwep.pbo".

Furthermore, as it says, you'll need JAM3.

Would I post something like that if I didn`t have those addons?.

Anyway, thx for kind reply.

They're great, I'm loving them! The customizable loadouts (gotta search for other rockets, too...), the sounds (do I get a double sound at the start when flying one of them?), the looks... just great. The Apache has enough power to destroy about 30 tanks, sweet, and it can survive severe damage, nice. Just noticed a very small missing texture thing, the tailwheel part of the AH-64, there's a thing that isn't textured, very minor thing though.

The Kiowa is a bit crazy though, flew into a Shilka and about 50 meters further, I decided to jump out (chopper was inverted on the ground tounge2.gif ). It's a great thing, I say, and the "sight" views are nice, too.

I`ve figured it out, shame on me...

Anyway, really great job... wink_o.gif

To bad we haven`t got working FLIR and LASER :/

I decided to include mas_heliwep and fz_helipilots with the AH-64 and just use it as a 'complete' package, rather than requiring that you download them separately.

@BlackScorpion

That isn't untextured, it's just a very light (and very old) texture.

@funnyguy1

Yup, a full TADS sensor suite, plus PNVS, plus a working radar system would have my vote. OFP isn't real great when it comes to lasers, but you get one of those as a weapon by default.

We already have 3 versions of it, the AH-1S you see, a AH-1T and an AH-1W. None of these are ready for release.

EH GAH!! Sounds great man, if they include the same features of ure AH64 then holy cow... My squad will be waiting on this chopper... Cant wait!

I wish I could tell you we'd have it done soon, but the Cobras are still a ways off. They need lots of work; right now the only feature they have is dynamic arming.