Sign in to follow this  
-HUNTER-

An Najaf map beta release

GOON Has released a beta of the An Najaf map he is working on. This map represents the city of Najaf in Iraq. The map has been very well made, allmost every object is placed with pin point accuracy creating some really fantastic mission areas. Also the airport uses the newest RKSL runway textures increasing its realisme level dramatically. Allot of work has been put into making the map look like real life,  and with the precise placement of buildings and objects this has been accomplished.

najaf1sm.jpg

Large

najaf2sm.jpg

Large

najaf3sm.jpg

Large

najaf4sm.jpg

Large

Started as a small representation or the famous city has now become almost a half scale model of that city. Although the addons used may not fully represent buildings from the region,I tried to layout the roads as close to real life as possible. The airport however runs N/S on the map but is actually positioned E/W in the real world.

Hope I did a half decent job giving the OpF community some interesting urban areas to fight in.

Features:

Two Game Logic activated scripts included. One to animate the beautiful addons by Mapfact. And another made by Student Pilot that adds Runway lights to the runnway and taxi-ways at the airport.Please note however that the RW lights may cause additional lag on older PC's</i>

Needed:

Afghan Everon

Afghan Island

AGS Industrial Pack V3.0

Barraken Addon 1.5

BAS Tonal Pack

CAT Afganistan Revisted V1.2SE

F3WX Oject Pack

JOF Objects 1.2(Airport)

Salang Houses Pack

Coloured Lights (For RW lights only!!!wink_o.gif

For more information: Opflash.org forums

Download link:

An Najaf City Beta by Goon (5.30mb)

Really well made, every building is placed perfectly. There are corridors, alleyways, corners, all sorts of places where enemy could be hiding. And when you have forgotten where you placed those snipers and gunman waiting for you somewhere it really becomes real. Youve got to check every corner.

Lots of stairs for elevated cover, lots of places for LB insertions or places to land a normal helicopter, the roads are well made with good AI paths. The airport is looks realistic.

This is the beta to see what different pc's will do on this map, because this isnt the lightest map offcourse, when you actually inside the city lag is an issue, but that can be overcome by good missionmaking and changing settings like viewdistance. But modern pc's should have much difficulty, especially those really high end top of the line pc's all you guys have! wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Enjoy, and pwn those insurgents!

a download link to all needed addons would be nice wink_o.gif

I second that, it says Afghan Island, but which one, that is a generic term. I know you have the Specific Afghan Everon and CatShit's Afghan (which I already have) but not sure about that other one.

Info of needed addons from the readme:

ADDONS REQUIRED FOR ISLAND:

Afghan Everon by OFP-D

Afghan Island by [sOV] Crazy_Soldier[GSS]

AGS Industrial Pack V3.0 by Agent Smith (Thanks for the mosque addon as well!wink_o.gif

Barraken Addon 1.5 by Mapfact

BAS Tonal Pack by BAS

CAT Afganistan Revisted V1.2SE by CatShit One and redone by Agent Smith

F3WX Oject Pack Compiled by Agent Smith

JOF Objects 1.2(Airport) by Mapfact

Salang Houses Pack by TWM

Coloured Lights by UNKNOWN - For RW lights only!!!

that didn't help at all.

where can i find those lights?

Author of this island should post links to addons.

When he says that he used coloured lights by uknown then i will be looking forever for those lights.there are many of them.

Nothing to do with the creator of the island but what the hey, here, for all you lazy people out there:

MAP Barrack

JOF Objects

Cat Afghan SE 1.2

Afghan Everon (By Remo of OFPD!wink_o.gif

AGS Industrial 3.0

Crazy Soldier Afghan Island

BAS Tonal

FW3X Object Pack

Salang Houses

Coloured Lights

That should be everything. Lets hope those are the right addons.

Hello, I have downloaded your very nice map twice and still get the same result... No textures on the ground???

I have looked in the read me and your screenshots and you have desert textures on the ground

I have not texture just white ground.

Do you know what is wrong!!!

great!

I have been waiting for and look forward to playing some real Iraq-based missions

It's surprising that there are so few war-in-Iraq-themed missions around.

Scenarios where you have to be careful for civilians too, watch out for carbombs & suicidebombers, clear road-blocks, have the occasional air-support: it can all be simulated in OFP.

Great Job on the island and it looks very promising. I say that, cuz obviously you are still working on it, and it does say BETA. But, anyhows, I'm working on a Fallujah map, I might see if you can help me with some of the road placement, seeing as how you have yours down so nice. I'm working off of satellite images, so it's just a matter of putting them down in the right place.

Keep up the fantastic work.

great!

I have been waiting for and look forward to playing some real Iraq-based missions

It's surprising that there are so few war-in-Iraq-themed missions around.

Scenarios where you have to be careful for civilians too, watch out for carbombs & suicidebombers, clear road-blocks, have the occasional air-support: it can all be simulated in OFP.

Jup! Ive been testing all those sorts of scenarios, but also sniper hunting, being a sniper yourself, specops get into the city kill somebody and out undetected, mortar missions, even full on armoured assault are doable!

Most walls are made to specific height so the humvees can fire over them, Ive tested allmost every spot on the map since its creation and well you can set up a mission allmost every meter of the map!

Also crossing from building to building is possible on the rooftops giving great places to snipe from.

Ive posted allmost all my screenshots I made in the first page of the forum topic about this map!

WARNING! 140+ larger pics so 56K beware!

(note: older shots from earlier stage also between them, and poor quality some)

Screenshots page 1

so.... so far so good I guess, either not many ppl are trying this out or the island is pretty much bug free! huh.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Eh guys, Goon here.

Keep your comments coming...

Its really appreciated!!! biggrin_o.gif

The map is great, no problems with that, although one of the buildings appear as an enemy (red) on radar....

rofl.gif

Dude!!! Which building? Because I sometimes get a crazy "Target building at..." message over the radio that repeats when im a gunner in the CBT addons!!!

If ya can tell me which it is maybe I can kill that annoying bug!! biggrin_o.gif

love the island, but my only gripe and concern is the sheer number of addons, and addons those addons require, just to get this running...

could it not be possible to put the required parts of those addons into your pbo? say if you're only using some of the buildings/textures from afghan everon etc...

otherwise, like i said, lovely work

I know the outside roads are not done, but the ones going to the the town or village next to the Euprates(Wrong River?) are mostly disconnected from each other

Dont worry storm... roads will be completed for the next update...i'll try to add some more vegetation...grass bushes etc...

As for the addons required....I know it sucks for dial-up users but this is an older game, and although I would like to make it as easy as possible for everyone to download, most of the addons required are probably on almost every OFP junkies HD anyway. Smaller addons required may be added in the future to the final PBO...like AGSmith's great Najaf mosque..he so generously donated and maybe the coloured lights addon but larger addons probably not.

Sorry but that would be a chore I would not look forward to.

And that addon size would probly be huge as well. confused_o.gif

BTW..hows the lag for you guys with monster PC's...oh and BTW I created this using WRPEdit for accuracy on my ...get this...P3 450mhz 32MB Rage "OLD BESSY"..so I dont wantto hear any whining unless ist from someone like me.. tounge2.gif

@ SGt storm...dont worry there just waiting for adjustment. What ya see is basic layout only for scale and such...