Sign in to follow this  
sparky

m113 by MMStudios in Progress

Hmm, you might want to use sharp and smooth faces, theirs tutorials allover and it will greatly improve the look of the model.

Like this one ? smile_o.gif

yay.gif < For blackdog

I see LOTS of useles things on there, why make it so detailed and give yourself even more hours of work rather than just making it lower poly straight off?

looks very good though smile_o.gif, I agree with SnD about U&I aswell smile_o.gif

Wildo

yes, you are right about the sharp edges, this model has no sharp edges at all. I'm planning to make the sharp edges as final step. and thanks a lot of your replys. smile_o.gif

yes, the interior will be made, but i'm not sure if it's proper to make and the engine in front (i'm considering that cause of the high poly issue).

so, here is some pics with the engine interiors.

till now the animation with the covers is static but i hope that i can really animate the engine covers to open when the m113 is ready.

progm11391gf.jpg

progm113102zv.jpg

PS. imagine a script that can make random malufactions to the engine and make it need repairs or replacements. that's that i want to do, and i hope that i can at least if not to the first version of the m113 maybe to the next.

it will propably brake down in the most dangerous situations then. wink_o.gif

damn this script

looks pretty good

wheres the gun? biggrin_o.gif

will it be desert or woodland ? or maybe an arctic one ?

since it's intenting to be for the Hellenic army the colours will be NATOs like the M60 and the leopard i have made.

But i'll give permission when we finnished the 1st phase of our mod. for everyone wishes to retexture it in any camo he wills.

As for the gun i haven't still begin it and for the interiors of the crew or the driver. i hope i'll have them ready by this friday, since i have a lot of things to do in real life.

PS. thanks alot for your comments, and add more if you wish i want to make it perfect this M113

perfect? well ok, you will defenety need my pdfs about m-113 smile_o.gif i'll send you a pm with a link, from which you will be able to download info... (now i'm going to sleep)

xmas_o.gif

i gues it's time to take of christmas hat confused_o.gif

christmas is over, but new year is coming thumbs-up.gif

thanks a lot Getis, to all the searches i made in internet i manage to find only these "Squadron Signal pub - Armor 017 - M113 in Action" (which already has Arnie from team yanke send me) and "Verlinden Warmachines 002 - m113"

the second help a lot with the engine since it has very detailed informations. But i would iapriciate a lot if you could send me some more.

PS. i'll glad accept pdfs or images and for the Leopard's engine and m60.

Thanks yay.gif

So i've got a new pic, not much but i've had add a base texture mask, plus i've made some extra detail, and a partial sharp edge in the main vehicle.

progm113119zm.jpg

Unfortunately most of the team members are now very busy with real life stuff (time for studying!wink_o.gif

But more to come as soon as possible, and on our site Hellenic Warfare Mod site, (i know it needs a good update).

Having been a M113A2 commander I like how th emodel is coming out. M113 was a fairly reliable vehicle, most of its failures where operator caused, like snapping torssion bars, and breaking tracks. Usualy caused by impropor maintaince or bad drivers. Mainly not beingable to get the engine to start due to the batteries being run down by the radios or cold weather that makes the batteries freeze.

Then i suppose, that i'll need your help, about the random conditions fo the vehicle script, when i finnish the model, and start scripting. Thanks alot.

I have modified the post in start, so please check the top of the post. thanks in advance.

so, here are some progress pics of the interiors of the M113 most of the textures are handmade. Now, i'm working hard on the interior to make it as accurate as can be, I have almost finnished the driver's place and now i have to work with the cargo place. FNL also working on some really nice scripts that can give into the m113 more realism, We're planning to realise a video as soon as we've finnished our work, and present his capabilities on it.

m113_10.jpg

m113_11.jpg

m113_12.jpg

m113_13.jpg

Hi Sparky,

it looks realy nice. smile_o.gif

I'm very interested on your work.

Keep it up.

I was so free and post some Pics of your M113 on the best german OFP-Site.....OFP.4players.de

I think its ok for you wink_o.gif

With best wishes

Imutep

Thanks a lot Imutep for your support, so here is an other pic more delightfull, with some little progress i did this morning.

m113_14.jpg

cool! biggrin_o.gif

I can't wait for release.

Hope it coming soon....... notworthy.gif

Greetings

Imutep

I'm very pleased to announce that the m113 has finnished,

So here are presenting some pics and a video with it in action.

Featurettes:

6 LODs (1. 18408 2. 9546 3. 5351 4. 3833 5. 2645 6. 2026)pol

animated parts (ramp, crew hatch, gunner hatch)

the model based on BIS model but hardcore manipulated

created with handmade textures at 90%

with full access interiors

New M2 (modelled by FNL) with handmade new textures, and an awesame sound!

FUTURE PLANS

we'll continue working on some parts like extra objects (ammo, radio etc.), new anims for the crew and the cargo. new models for the crew. and some scripts that will give some really good realism!

NOTE.

The m113 probably we'll be published with the realease of the mod to avoid bad and not contstractive critisim with no point.

(maybe we'll distributed individually to those who want to test it).

ENJOY IT.

and for comments make it here please.

m113_15.jpg

m113_16.jpg

TO DOWNLOAD THE VIDEO VISIT THE LINK ABOVE

MMShomepage