Sign in to follow this  
MajPhockop

Racing civilian cars

I've done a search on this and am amazed no one brought it up before.

Am I the only one who enjoys racing civilian cars?

Is my wife right; am I insane? crazy_o.gif

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a killing spree as much as the next guy, but this is a nice alternative way to use OFP. These cars are quite a challenge to control at high speeds on those bendy and bumpy roads.

I drive around the islands on the paved roads which takes 9-12 minutes a lap (Not Nogova, no paved roads in NE), homemade tracks on airfields and in the town of Lipany using a LOT of sandbag walls and wire. The sportcar goes near 160km/h on airfields... any mods to make the cars faster? wink_o.gif

I've added civilians to cheer me on, but they kept wandering onto the track, no suprise what a mess that creates.  whistle.gif

I've tried it online with a friend 3 or 4 years ago, but lag caused us to crash and die too often. Maybe with improved internet connections since then it works better.

Don't tell me I'm the only one!

yeah I tend to run a number of races on the team-set server durring off times. lot of the addons requiered heavy modfication to make them usable for racing others are rally races with buggys I've impoerted on a fair number of maps to make them fun. usually race against clan mebers due to pups tend to be lazy and not have any addons for the missions.. Intrested parties can pm about em sometime or catch me online..

i like a bit of a race now and again

there are some islands out there with race tracks on

check newland island

and ages ago there was a racing addon pack of some sort

Its strange cuz sometimes I really had to floor it to catch up to AI drivers! And other times I fly right past em like im going super sonic...

The Viper is the best, tuned a bit though! xmas_o.gif

Yep I did get the Ferrari F1.

Too bad the roads are too narrow for it and the fact that it doesn't slow down on grass kinda takes the challenge away. And it seems to have just as much grip in turns as the regular sportcar. It looks awesome though.

If you haven't already you should download the race pack put together by =Matt=.  

racepacks.jpg

There's a bunch of tracks and it also comes with 8 racing cars.

Head over to OFP.info to download it.

racing is more a MP thing anyway! wink_o.gif

bahahahah sees himself loosing from the AI! rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Well, a few years ago I took part in a Racing Series called "OFRA" - "Operation Flashpoint Racing Association".

We had own islands with racetracks and all that stuff, it was really funny.

But then we quit, I don't remember why, but we did.

Btw. site was www.ofra.com

AI only used to keep the numbers filled durring races, they sometimes win racing motorcycles on road courses over the more established islands. Nagova seems to have he better raod network. once you tweak the cars handling and other problems so minor fender benders are not so much of an issue. then the application of suspenssion scripting. Makes the vehicles roll and sway better Now if only could texture a number fo the cars over a few times so there be more than one color of it.

I love racing in ofp... even if its hard from time to time tounge2.gif

I have started a small online racing project... (Its not for any download or so, but stay tuned wink_o.gif )