Sign in to follow this  
walker

Sgt. Andy Stevens (Warpig) has died in Iraq

I would like to express my sincere condolences.

con5.jpg

Rememberance

Lenny

In respect the gameserver will be down for a while...let's rest and remember Andy "Warpig" Stevens and all the other victims of terror.

"They will not grow old

as we who remain grow old.

Age will not weary them

nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun

and in the morning,

we will remember them."

RIP

R.I.P.

from the OFPC Team.

I have a idea:"on saturday i will organise on the ofpc ts one minute of silence for warpig"

Although I never knew him, I would like to pay my deeped condolences and respects to him.

From what I have off here and the 1-8th Marine forums, he sounded like a sound bloke and would of been an honour to of know him.

RIP Andy

R.I.P.

from the OFPC Team.

I have a idea:"on saturday i will organise on the ofpc ts one minute of silence for warpig"

We must cancel this because it get a little commercial when we trust for him on a teamspeakserver.

Andy Stevens was CBS News Fallen Hero tonight, and they mentioned that he was a computer whiz and made simulations for Marines to train with.

Looking for a link.

When it comes right down to it, no matter how much realism we may strive for in war combat oriented games, this is the one thing nobody wishes to replicate.

At the same time though, it just goes to show that a community created with games of this theme as it's focal point, can be a real positive thing, bringing people together. Life is odd that way. It's especially difficult losing someone part of your community, especially if one had come to know them as a friend as some in this community had.

But to Sgt. Stevens and the others who went with him. Tragic as it was, they met it on their feet with courage, doing what they volunteered to do. So I wish them all to rest in peace, and my condolences to their loved ones. He's earned a spot in our memories, in the community, and by those who knew him well.

R.I.P