Sign in to follow this  
colt

What do you *HOPE* will be in ArmA?

If you watch the video, you'll notice something is different but you can't tell right away: the pilots head is moving-- looking around.

--Ben

The difference between your observation and his wish is whether a players head moves around. The AI can have his head animated at will, but if a player looks one direction, will his head animate that way?

That is correct Friedchicken.

Will there be peeking in ArmA?

There was peeking in the XBOX OFP.

Therefore, AA will have player peeking; however, AI probably will not use this feature.

That is a relief to know FriedChicken, Thank you.

Edit: Your avatar looks goofy.

Blame ikonboard. wink_o.gif

Even worse, I share the same avatar with one other guy. crazy_o.gif

Hey guys, I now that there will be a Stryker, but i also hope that there will exist a kind of 'huge-gunned' Striker like this

one

wink_o.gif

telejunky

I dunno if I said that before but I want enjoyable jet control similar to BF2! I even bought joystick just to fly planes there. Jets are the only things I liked in bf2 rofl.gif

Hey guys, I now that there will be a Stryker, but i also hope that there will exist a kind of 'huge-gunned' Striker like this

one

wink_o.gif

telejunky

Don't think that'll be ingame standard, but I guess it should be doable for modders. It looks awesome notworthy.gif

Yes but I do not remember the head's of the AI moving around in OFP inside vehicles either. That's what I meant. No heads moved.

--Ben

Quote[/b] ]Citys, forests, desert, bridges, natural wildlife.. what you want more?

Uh, for the 4th time, Rivers/streams. You know, for the bridges to cross for the wildlife to live off and for the towns to use as a watersource. You know, how do these people live? Lots of people can't be kept by ground water alone.

And uh, for the 4th time. it's not possible to include them. thats why I *HOPE* for it! Be cool pinning an infantry squad against a river *mwhuhuhu*

Uh, for the 4th time, Rivers/streams. You know, for the bridges to cross for the wildlife to live off and for the towns to use as a watersource. You know, how do these people live? Lots of people can't be kept by ground water alone.

And uh, for the 4th time. it's not possible to include them. thats why I *HOPE* for it! Be cool pinning an infantry squad against a river *mwhuhuhu*

Actually, where I live many people (many more than the population of Sahrani anyway) depend on groundwater. The alternative would be to build more expensive desalination plants. And you can't use the river/stream water without purifying it since it's contaminated.

Of course, the climate and geological conditions make living off groundwater possible. The circumstances in Sahrani are certainly different.

That 16 minute armed assault video from E3 showed the new work-in-progress running animations. The old tech demo video of the Battle of Somato had much more fluid, but older, animations. Will these old animations we tossed out completely in the final version of armed assault? It would be neat if future games had soldiers with different animations so each one would be unique. In real life, you can sometimes recognize people, without looking at their faces, by observing how they walk.

Ever studied topography at all?

I never said living off groundwater wasn't possible.

The bottom of the line is as already discussed in tropical areas the soil gets waterlogged, which creates run off, which creates streams. You can only take so much from a water table or the water table alters, water tables exist or don't exist in regards to certain topographical features, as do rivers & streams Which is why where you live and how many more people depend on ground water might actually exist. There are geographical anomalies, like the Great Artesian basin in Australia where the land mass is just so huge the water soaks and pools underneath, even underneath the dryest of deserts unfortunately it's a long way down. But an island? Look around the islands in the atlantic on google earth. If Sahrani lacked any steams or waterways it would be an atlantic anomoly! There are always water catchment areas.

Copyed this post to this thread, cause i "hope" for something..

Its a bit of a shame that weapons are still atached to the "corpses" but i can understand why and live with it smile_o.gif .

Animations are very obvious in a very early stage but atleast i havent seen weapons going thru the ground.

is this idea possible to convert?

Separate weapons from bodys?

When a soldier flys from an explosion the weapon shouldn't follow the body.

ps- i don't undestand but i live with it..

Just a thought,

<ul>1ÅŸ - Will there be any flamethrower weapons? Would be nice..

flamethrower-ch.jpg

link

<ul>2ÅŸ - How C-4 works (I have the idea that C-4 will be in ARMA)

c4-ch.jpg

link

edit: ups, sorry for posting and not editing.. my bad.. confused_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Flamethrowers have not been part of the US military since 1978 wink_o.gif

Copyed this post to this thread, cause i "hope" for something..
Its a bit of a shame that weapons are still atached to the "corpses" but i can understand why and live with it smile_o.gif .

Animations are very obvious in a very early stage but atleast i havent seen weapons going thru the ground.

is this idea possible to convert?

Separate weapons from bodys?

When a soldier flys from an explosion the weapon shouldn't follow the body.

ps- i don't undestand but i live with it..

I think CSLA mod had this feature...At least you`r weapon could fall out from your hands after being shot, but that`s basically the idea...

btw...don`t you think those soldiers on Sahrani clean their rifles 10 times a day using a special cleaning agent that gives your rifle a fine shiny gloss? smile_o.gifexample pic

I hope It`ll be fixed...well It`ll certainly be fixed, but anyway looks quite funny now:)

Amongst other thibngs that have been mentioned half a dozen times - I personally hope BIS find time to change the OFP/VBS anim for the paras.

It would be great if a more traditional static line postition was adopted (i.e feet together, knees bent) rather than the pretty poor anim we currently have.

would be nice if players could not only walk backwards (like ofp) but also running backwards (in a natural way)

Some times in coop this behaviour is needed to watch your back and keep moving forward, therefor running backwards (in a normal way)

Ever studied topography at all?

I never said living off groundwater wasn't possible.

The bottom of the line is as already discussed in tropical areas the soil gets waterlogged, which creates run off, which creates streams. You can only take so much from a water table or the water table alters, water tables exist or don't exist in regards to certain topographical features, as do rivers & streams Which is why where you live and how many more people depend on ground water might actually exist. There are geographical anomalies, like the Great Artesian basin in Australia where the land mass is just so huge the water soaks and pools underneath, even underneath the dryest of deserts unfortunately it's a long way down. But an island? Look around the islands in the atlantic on google earth. If Sahrani lacked any steams or waterways it would be an atlantic anomoly! There are always water catchment areas.

I wasn't trying to say that Sahrani should not have rivers/streams. I was talking about the groundwater since I misunderstood you when you said that "lots of people can't be kept by groundwater alone".

I didn't know much about the Artesian Basin in Australia so I looked it up. It's amazing how much of the country it covers. From the surface it is hard to believe that there is so much water down there. It's like the underground lakes in "Dune". But why does the spring water need to be treated before its suitable for domestic usage? Wouldn't it be pure? And what is the government planning to do as the water pressure declines?

I guess overusage is the universal problem with groundwater.

To tell you the truth I don't know why it has to be treated, there is some issue in regards to uranium mines using it and other industries. Australia has the Worlds largest Supply of Uranium, and Aluminium Bauxite amoungst other things, mostly occuring inland so usage of it is unfortunately open to exploitation regardless of regulations. Not to say the water is radioctive or anything just the usage of it is unknown in how it affects the water table.

no problem about the reply - it's probably my fault - so many problames with interpretation on the net.

Regards

Chunder

Although I've only recently got back into the original flashpoint after many years, as well as only now discovering the many mods people have made.

I really hope that modding will be as big a thing as it seems to be with the original/resistance etc.

There seems to be some excellent mods out there for the current game which I have yet to have a go at. biggrin_o.gif

I was hoping they would still have the quotes when you die. That is awesome... wink_o.gif

I quote

I really hope they that make Shoulder-Fired missile movement more..."fluid". Right now when you hold an RPG, you go in a crouch and start shuffling around. I wanna be able to run and sprint with an RPG, I mean it's only 15 pounds. Ofcourse dont let us shoot on the move, thats just dumb, not even kids in Mogadishu would do that. I wanna be able to:

-Sprint with it (cradling it). Sprint shouldnt be as fast as regular sprint ofcourse, it should be slower than reg sprint but faster than jog. Cannot fire.

-Jog with it. (holding it with one hand, and over shoulder?)For the sake of fluidness it should be the same speed as rifle jog. Cannot fire.

-Walk while aiming with it (walk, not crouch shuffle). Can fire, some innacurracy (you'll be able to shoot an M113 say down the road, but you wont hit shit at an open field 300m shot.)

-Crouch while aiming (same as we have in OFP). Most accurate, little or barely any sway...slow movement

-Lying down. Can move by cradling it, but cannot fire. This is just so you can still move around with an RPG ready, but while lying down.

Im surprised that no mods have added this in. Is it possible? Or is the animation and movement speed for Shoulder Fired RPGs/LAWs hardcode or something?

*I also hope that we have some sort of system, ala Red Orchestra, where you can rest your gun on a fence, side etc. As well as being able to "deploy" MGs (most soldiers will run around with the Bipods down so it shouldnt be an annoying animation like in America's Army) on fences, on ground etc.

*A better system of "at ease". I wanna be able to use my At Ease function as a good way of getting my breathing down. Its too slow right now in OFP. I just wanna be able to maybe sit down or crouch down in a non combat way, to get my breathing back faster BUT it should switch to a combat mode MUCH faster.

*Different animations for different armies, or atleast the ABILITY to. In the US Army, I would think that while running and fighting they teach you a distinct way to do it. However, say in a Militia or resistance forces, it would be much more relaxed or untrained. I.E. US Soldier run with their weapon pointed down, while Militia's would just run like whatever.

* Denotes these are just wet dreams and probably wont come out. Hopefully it will be moddable. confused_o.gif

-Lying down. Can move by cradling it, but cannot fire. This is just so you can still move around with an RPG ready, but while lying down.

I can't speak specifically for the RPG family of weapons, but the US M136 AT-4 can be fired from a prone position. All you have to do is ensure that you're at an off-angle to it, such that your legs aren't in the backblast area.

I agree with you completely on the other points. The AT weapon movement model in OFP was clumsy at best.

I can't speak specifically for the RPG family of weapons, but the US M136 AT-4 can be fired from a prone position. All you have to do is ensure that you're at an off-angle to it, such that your legs aren't in the backblast area.

I agree with you completely on the other points. The AT weapon movement model in OFP was clumsy at best.

Yeah I've seen pictures of using while prone, but I've never seen RPG soldiers doing that...although the RPG-16 does have bipods so I assume it could be done.