Sign in to follow this  
sputnik monroe

Tales From Operation Flashpoint

While messing with a screenshot in photoshop I found a sort of cool filter that reminded me of a comic book. One thing lead to another and well, I've decided to take a shot at producing a comic book serial made from Operation Flashpoint. Any feed back is welcome.

So with out further ado I present the first episode...

coverpage4ps.jpg

comicofp29rr.jpgofpcomic36ox.jpg

ofpcomic43ss.jpg

ofpcomic52ra.jpg

VERY cool idea. You do a good job of giving it the comic book feel. I wish you had a bit more though, but I know these things take time. Looking forward to the next installment.

Abs

This is very cool!!!!!!!!

keep up the good job my friend, i'm looking forward to see the rest, of your work.

Really prototype idea yay.gif

and the screens look marvelus

I did something like this for a project in Contemporary Literature at school last year. I think its the same Filter too only my text looked like crap. Looking forward to more.

What filter is that?

I think it's called poster edges, a standard PS filter.

Wow, nice... just tested it, yes, the filter appears to be poster edges. Thanks.

Digging up my screenshots and looking if there's anything interesting. I'd be happy to help.

thumbs-up.gif

Thanks for the feedback and interest guys. I'm almost done with part two.

I would have had part two done much earlier but I've been quite depressed and haven't felt like doing anything lately. Not going to say why and I'm not looking for sympathy, just thought I'd give the reason why I haven't released part two yet.

PS... Llauma is correct, the main part of the effects is poster edges which is included with Photo Shop.

Sputnk Monroe. Do you mind if I post each episode on OFPFiles.com? So your work reaches more poeple? wink_o.gif

This is a very interesting idea, I hope it catches on.

ha ha cool idea wish it was longer and more like a comic book but cool idea non the less

also the pics look nice biggrin_o.gif

Chipper you have full permission to post each episode if you wish wink_o.gif

Hello guys. I'm finishing up part II still. I was having a little bit of trouble so It's going a little slow. Hopefully I’ll have it finished by tomorrow. My original intention was to release a five frame edition each week, kind of like the serial comics in the back of the newspapers.

I notice quite a few comments so far about it not being long enough. I’ll see what I can do about that. As it is at the moment I can only post 5 images of less than 100kb each per post so that is my limit. I can see about including more than one frame in a single picture though. None the less as previously mentioned, the aim is to replicate a weekly serial type style. If I were to try and create a full thirty page comic, well lets just say You would probably being playing Arma before I finished the first issue heh heh.

Any way I’m glad to see there is interest and once again  I apologize for the episode two delay.