Sign in to follow this  
MilitiaSniper

Lack of Action

Quote[/b] ]But can we make OFP alittle more like Call of Duty or something close?

No. we can't.

We should enhance the game more maybe but not make it into a scripted arcade game.

I'm not talking a making a OFP version of, Call of Duty.

I mean so much action.

That if you stick you head out from cover.., "BAM! pistols.gifpistols.gif "

Alittle more intense feeling.

Call of Duty, was just an example.

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

Why can't OFP play with alot of action likeother shooting games?

Ex: "Call of Duty Their Finest Hour"

Just good heavy combat!

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

Call of Duty is (and all other CoD titles are) too hollywood, just looking at the pre-rendered trailers makes me not want to play it, its just too fast-paced. They claim it to be realistic, but I think they are confused between realism and exaggerated stereotypes.

In conclusion, what I can say is this. If you were someone who played games like Call of Duty, and thought that it was a good representation of war, you would most likely lose your mind if you ever had to fight in real life, that is if you lived that long. For people playing games like OFP, you would at least have a valid set of expectations and a proper sense of, and reaction to, your situation. Being a very logical, concrete person (with an interest in sciences), I like to be realistic, so I favor games which bring me a good sense of realism in all aspects.

Everyone that experienced war.

May experienced something different.

Some were on the frontlines, while others may have been in the back.

But they all experienced the same war.

Take the beach storming of Normandy. (Intense)

The landings on the Isle of Iwo Jima. (Intense)

But there were also battles that weren't so intense.

But.., "I" enjoy sometimes that intense, in your face fighting!

Sometimes.., I like that scoot and shoot sniping type missions.

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

ofp DOES NOT SUPPORT large number of units ,neither your computer.

MAX 64 squads.

1 squad=12 units (men)

10 squads=120 men

64 squads=768 men

and i think that if you want to play with this amount of units,you will need a SUPER COMPUTER with EXTREME graphics card and memory.

i have played max with 20 squads on desert island and i had about 10fps.

and that was before my computer upgrades. tounge2.gif

ofp DOES NOT SUPPORT large number of units ,neither your computer.

MAX 64 squads.

1 squad=12 units (men)

10 squads=120 men

64 squads=768 men

and i think that if you want to play with this amount of units,you will need a SUPER COMPUTER with EXTREME graphics card and memory.

i have played max with 20 squads on desert island and i had about 10fps.

and that was before my computer upgrades. tounge2.gif

it does... if you're clever about it.

there are plenty of AI on demand scripts out there, that delete all the units out of sight of the player, and then cam creates them as the player comes within range - this allows all 768 units to be placed on the map, but still have good frame rates...

everything is possible in OFP, if you put your mind to it, and dont be so dismissive.

newest test results.

without any scripts or action tounge2.gif

sorry max is 63 squads so 756 men.

i had 63 squads on desert island.

viewdistance 500m

terrain detail very low

no fog

fps 10-15 and thats playable (if you get used to it)

I SAY AGAIN: NO FIGHTING WAS INCLUDED

in a battle it would be around 5 or 3 fps and thats not playable.

so fog should be around medium so then it would be about 9 fps.

First of all even if OFP supports a large number of unites you will be killed in a sec, even now in a battlefield with ten - twenty soldiers it's very easy to die, health packs and all this crap are not in ofp, and that's makes it realistic, if you want to fight you can't just run to the opponent and shooting cause you probably die! so this game is more tactical operation, although you can have and a large scale battle, (like SP missions Battlefield) but you probably can't enjoy it cause you are all the time be afraid of a bullet that "can pass through your head",

that's why i like to play OFP ONLY...

(I love my herat pumpin of the fear that i may die in action, that's an excitment that no other game can offer)

If i want to play an intensive pistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gif game i'll play HALO on my XBOX yay.gif

I'm not talking a making a OFP version of, Call of Duty.

I mean so much action.

That if you stick you head out from cover.., "BAM! pistols.gif  pistols.gif "

Call of Duty, was just an example.

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

I have these moments a couple of time playing ofp. I think there is a lot of action in the game. remembering about the campaign when my helicopter was shot down. the T-80 aiming at me when i was lying in a bush... in these situations you just think help.gif  

but than a loud booom and the T-80 was taken into pieces by an approaching M1A1 Abrams. my heart was beating like hell. i think thats a lot of action...

perhaps for many units i could create a big operation that would take a whole island.

so artillery and support would finally have some action in my missions.

it would take long,but its worth it.

special requests anyone?

"Operation Flashpoint"

If you see the flash it's already too late.

Now thats an operation thats game all about.

and i have hijacked the thread tounge2.gif

That if you stick you head out from cover.., "BAM! pistols.gifpistols.gif "

Call of Duty, was just an example

Check my "Last Fight" mission and tell me if there is no action in OFP.

You can get the no addon version

or if you want addons check the Lybia version included in the Lybia island download that thread

Operation Flashpoint is the pioneer of Long range Ground-to-Ground, Air-to-Ground, Ground-to-Air, and Air-to-Air simulation games that will be published within the next years.

wanna get a more immersive ofp experience? simple, increase your ammos dispersion value....:-)

Regards

TB84

Guest major gandhi

Long-Range Air-Ground and Air-Air? Maximum view distance in OFP is 5km (and you can't really use it because even on an original island like nogova you'll only get >15fps. Now compare that to a real flight simulator like "Lock on" with a view distance of standard 50km. Not to speak of the realistic flight engine and cockpit-functionality that is so much superior to the rather simple ofp engine. OFP is unrivalled as infantry-combat game. Tanks, helicopters and jets play an important role as support assets for infantry operations but each of those have been simulated seperately much more accurately by other games.

As much as I agree with 90% of the posts in this thread, Militia Sniper has a valid point, he wants action and fun and an adrenaline rush in some missions, there's nothing wrong with that. On the other hand, these missions already exist. I've nearly completed a multiplayer mission that has my heart pumping all the way to the end. Sanctuary has posted a mission he made. There a plenty of such experiences already available in the Operation Flashpoint community.

newest test results.

without any scripts or action tounge2.gif

sorry max is 63 squads so 756 men.

i had 63 squads on desert island.

viewdistance 500m

terrain detail very low

no fog

fps 10-15 and thats playable (if you get used to it)

I SAY AGAIN: NO FIGHTING WAS INCLUDED

in a battle it would be around 5 or 3 fps and thats not playable.

so fog should be around medium so then it would be about 9 fps.

And most games allow 64 players max,were talking about....alot of soldiers ere,definatly not what you normally see.

yep,and these were BIS soldiers so...

desert island was suddenly very green tounge2.gif

i'm making a mission that includes MANY soldiers.

i hope that half of them die so FPS would be normal.