Sign in to follow this  
spad

FOR WH40K fan

eat lead!!

dracopic12sk.th.jpg

dracopic22vb.th.jpg pistols.gif

Better! smile_o.gif

So when can we play with it?

If you have the texture files open, maybe JPG, so people can edit it easily and put it back in the game with ease, that could work! confused_o.gif

well at the moment black templars aren't ready..

exactly the troops are ready but not the veichles.

about castellan Draco in the pics he needs an inquisitorial sword that usually he carries on battlefield and a solution for using it when he is near enemy like a pistol  but with lightining effects ( it's a mastercrafted power sword) when attacking.

Someone have ideas how to implement that ??

alternative simply add to the model a sword on the right hand that is only a static object so in result useless sad_o.gif

the last thing to add is an Emperor Champion and a scout.

well i have jpgs but there are problems for applying new textures because sometimes i used for the chest another texture and for the body others .. so quite difficult at the beginning to understand my logic and the face properties.

Other space marine just uses two paa textures one for the body and another for legs and shoulder pads and helmet.

yeahhhh much better yay.gif !!! I think there's a lot of wh40k and ofp fans (like me tounge2.gif ) who are waiting a perfect wh40k mod that's why we take part to the discussion... folgore and spad, your work is very impressive and I'm happy to see that you are listening to us to make the better for ones who are waiting for your mod!

Spad do you have found sbdy to help you with your insertion pod cpp? ( I'd like to help you but i'm a noob in addon making, i'm working on my first addons :a predator(film's one) addon and a SR71 blackbird)

no nobody comes to help us for the drop pod

in fact our mod is waiting two things laser effect and multi turret script the both are in archangel hand but he don't finish them so we have to wait until we decide to release the mod

but if you want to help of course you can we need scripter for the drop pod if you want to work on it i'll give you or spqr give you i am out for the next 4 days so ask to spqr for the drop pod.

if we had those script ready we could release the first part of the mod banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Lucius Pattern Wolf Class Warhound Titan

titan18bv.jpg

Height : 14m

Weight : 412 tons

Weapons :

Plasma Blastgun

Vulcan Mega-Bolter

no nobody comes to help us for the drop pod

in fact our mod is waiting two things laser effect and multi turret script the both are in archangel hand but he don't finish them so we have to wait until we decide to release the mod

but if you want to help of course you can we need scripter for the drop pod if you want to work on it i'll give you or spqr give you i am out for the next 4 days so ask to spqr for the drop pod.

if we had those script ready we could release the first part of the mod banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Trying to help for your "drop pod" problem

Download the following pbo and test it , no addon required (the rar archive is only 16ko ) .

http://rapidshare.de/files/12648682/Tespo.rar.html

In the editor, place the podtest , it is under West -> Air

If you set its special to In Formation, it will stay on the ground (and the script will exit itself)

If you set its special to Flying, it will run the whole script

The script will detect if it is "flying" and so will teleport it to 500m altitude (+ or - a random altitude of 100, it helps to have better visuals when you use several drop pod as they will not start from the same altitude)

Smokes will happen during the fall (if you try at night, you will see a light coming from the drop pod)

Once it touches the land, an explosion will happen (simulating a bit the futuristic "brakes") and a large dust cover will be present (at night, all of this with a light coming from the pod) while the drop pod land as carefully as it can smile_o.gif

The model is the UH60 from BIS, with a "driver" but no gunner (but the same 12 places in cargo), with no driver it would had a very strange behaviour(the gunner always try to eject, disturbing the script) with no driver+no gunner, it would lead to a crash 50% of the time

In the config.cpp you will see that i defined a Light object, that is used for the script, so at night you see the light/fire coming from the drop pod.

The explosion is caused by a heat105 camcreated on the ground while the drop pod is always at 3/4 meters and as i upgraded the armor in comparison to the regular UH60, there is no danger at all.

Feel free to modify this script and config accordingly to your own drop pod models , the concept it is actually totally working and guarantee the cargo to arrive alive on the ground (after that... it is up to them to die a painfull death for their emperor )

Thousands warm thanks, Sanctuary inlove.gif It works beyond all my expectations  yay.gifnotworthy.gif

It just need a final touch (sound,...) but it's really great. Before final implementation, I forgot to make it weaponless, so as an enemy observing AFV, I was destroyed (by 105mm shells, while they were armed with browning MGs ?) while the pods were still in the air. As soon as they became weaponless, it worked perfectly.

It's Christmas in February  xmas_o.gif

--------------------------------

Edit :

softlanding8op.jpg

Sometimes, the landing isn't soft but it is an unexpected cool result wink_o.gif

To improve a bit performance when you have several pods , replace the

~0.001

by

~0.01

near the #fal1

There should be no changes visually.

man this stuff looks great and thansk to sanctuary (ofp anim god) yoru guy's drop pod will work perfectly i canty wait to drop in and bust in with a squad of sm and bust anybody who defies the emeperor

what do you guys think about the fighting system..I really wish we could implement that .

How do you mean?

Swords and axe's and such?

"close combat" greater ofp limit.

many units in 40k are exclusively voted to close combat .

Death company and many others squad and characters sad_o.gif

for ex working on a khorne berzerker is quite useless at the moment.

What do you guys think any advices about that ??

for the close combat system try to get into contact with philcommando i think he done sumthing to do with it or talk to the galaxy at war team thay are creating a new engine so lightsabers could be used hope this has been of help biggrin_o.gif

a new engine   wow_o.gif  ??

really ? it would be cool if someone could release something like that so all the ofp community and mods could rework it for their interests.

Philcommando and star wars mod mebers HELP!!

Assault from the air...

droppods12sf.jpg

May the Emperor bless the Captain Sanctuarius notworthy.gif

robedg7ni.th.jpg

Here is the Dark angels space marine Robed variant.

What do you think ? I'll improve textures on the robe.

p.s

Spqr send me the rar with the cpp smile_o.gif please

The drops pods looks great.

will it be a script that lets them drop from the sky or will they be piloted?

The answer is here  biggrin_o.gif

It's all Sanctuary's work :

Trying to help for your "drop pod" problem

Download the following pbo and test it , no addon required (the rar archive is only 16ko ) .

http://rapidshare.de/files/12648682/Tespo.rar.html

In the editor, place the podtest , it is under West -> Air

If you set its special to In Formation, it will stay on the ground (and the script will exit itself)

If you set its special to Flying, it will run the whole script

The script will detect if it is "flying" and so will teleport it to 500m altitude (+ or - a random altitude of 100, it helps to have better visuals when you use several drop pod as they will not start from the same altitude)

Smokes will happen during the fall (if you try at night, you will see a light coming from the drop pod)

Once it touches the land, an explosion will happen (simulating a bit the futuristic "brakes") and a large dust cover will be present (at night, all of this with a light coming from the pod) while the drop pod land as carefully as it can smile_o.gif

The model is the UH60 from BIS, with a "driver" but no gunner (but the same 12 places in cargo), with no driver it would had a very strange behaviour(the gunner always try to eject, disturbing the script) with no driver+no gunner, it would lead to a crash 50% of the time

In the config.cpp you will see that i defined a Light object, that is used for the script, so at night you see the light/fire coming from the drop pod.

The explosion is caused by a heat105 camcreated on the ground while the drop pod is always at 3/4 meters and as i upgraded the armor in comparison to the regular UH60, there is no danger at all.

family9nr.jpg

OMFG i cant wait notworthy.gif

is it soon to be released because i will love u long time if it is inlove.gif

will the terminators be able to use their powerfists or just their storm bolters??

That Dreadnought is a wee bit too small, a PA Marine oly comes halfway up it sarcouphagus.

If you have a copy of Imperial armour 1 or 2 it has size comparisons for all imperial vehicles, gret for scaling.

I think that Size increasing won't be a problem. But I have no copy of the two Imperial Armour volumes, to my greatest despair.

Powerfist is already implemented for both of them. AIs aren't likely to use it, as usual when concerning hand-to-hand combat, but a player will be able to use it with a little training. A Terminator neutralize a T-72 in the strikes, the fourth will make the T-72 explode, killing in the blast the Terminator. The Dreadnought will just need one strike.

Two versions of the Terminators will be available : stormbolter/powerfist and assault cannon/powerfist

The dreadnought will have, along their main armament (laser cannons or assault cannon) a stormbolter and powerfist.

As neither me nor spad have knowledge in animations, the two units are in fact Man class. Thanks to a sort of a trick (similar to grenade throwing), they act as standing weaponless individuals. Thus, as weapons are placed out of the body center, the aiming point is shifted aside, on the right for the Terminator, on the left for the Dreadnought.

There are many others limitations, but the current result is rather immersive (sounds help). However, thanks to "irTarget=true", AIs can use AT weapons against them (LAW, RPGs, AT handgrenades,...).