Sign in to follow this  
timmy_the_tortoise

cross hair

Quote[/b] ] Point:

I dont care about what the crosshair is like because i'll disable it anyway, i would like it if it was removed actually smile_o.gif .

I think it's a fair way to make up for the fact you cannot "feel" where you're pointing the gun smile_o.gif .

""Feel" where you're pointing the gun"? It's much harder for me to shoot without aiming in real life than it is in OFP with disabled crosshairs. Your arms behave much more variably in real life than they do in OFP.

Quote[/b] ]Alsol if you want really realisitic iron sights, than you might want to add windage and elevation adjustments wow_o.gif But i dont know if I would like that too much though.

Why not? Elevation is a factor in OFP right now but you don't even have the option to adjust your sights to it.

(than != then)

If the game is supposed to be a sim. then why even have a 3rd person perspective? Is there anyone here that can see their whole body, front and back? No, I didn't think so.

I really think the only reason 3rd person is in there at all is so that new players can get a feel for the game and make their way around a map without running into stuff.

3rd person views always give an advantage because you can see behind yourself and around the next corner at the same time. While this is convenient for the player, it definitely takes away from the whole realistic experience.

IMHO you shouldn't be able to use 3rd person view for anything ever, but you especially shouldn't be able to aim at a target while in 3rd person view. It's like having eyes behind you, aside of you and on the sights of the gun all at the same time!

Hi

Wanna say something about the crosshair thing..

ArmA will be a war-simulation-GAME.. thats true, but its still a game wink_o.gif

In real life there's no crosshair, true.. But in real life u got the feeling.. Eyes, orientation, etc. .. Thats why I think Crosshairs should be implemented.. The way they handled it with ofp is the best and most realistic thing i guess.. The crosshair wasnt exactly in the middle of screen, u allways (mostly) had to switch to Ironsight-view to get a kill... But with crosshair u had the help to aim faster.. Same as in real life, where u got the eyes and orientation to aim faster...

Otherwise people will stick a point on middle of screen (same as in cs wink_o.gif And thats shit..

About the 3rdPersonView..

I didnt like it.. its stupid to watch around corners.. Maybe allow 3rdPerson only for Tanks...?

Quote[/b] ]it´s like running around with a shoe carton round your head

Not a problem in Arma as track ir will be supported!

Track ir Topic

Quotation of Shadow:

Quote[/b] ]From Naturalpoint's latest newsletter:

Good News and Better News

The good news is our friends at Bohemia Interactive (of Operation Flashpoint fame) have released a trailer of their upcoming Armed Assault combat simulation. The better news is they have assured us that they are doing everything within their power to include support for TrackIR. This could be the beginning of a whole new era as TrackIR support expands into the field of combat. Let's all keep our fingers crossed. All the details of this amazing new game can be found at http://www.armedassault.com.

Quote[/b] ]it´s like running around with a shoe carton round your head

Not a problem in Arma as track ir will be supported!

Track ir Topic

Or just hold ALT and look around tounge2.gif