Sign in to follow this  
Acecombat

NFS : Most Wanted

So who else got it and what are your thoughts on it?

For those not in the know you can get the demo from gamespot.com , this game is to be release for PC/Xbox/PS2/Xbox 360/PSP aswell.

The demo is quite cool , the games graphics have improved slightly , the HDR lightning is used more liberally and the the cars shine a lot biggrin_o.gif .

The best thing about this latest incarnation is the pursuit mode in which the police get involved in arresting you , their radio chatter is often amusing to hear whenever you give them the slip or perform some godsend disaster on them like this one time i was going at full speed in a tunnel i side swiped a truck caryying lumber and sped away , the logs fell on the police ending their pursuit tounge2.gif . Another time i dont know how i did it but i managed to get a billboard a big one at that on top of 3 of them , that was totally rad.

This game might be the CS of car racing games but it sure does well for a quick car race if you want one just to relieve some stress after being stuck on the road all day in traffic.

I played the demo on ps2 it was good to see NFS has turned back to its original style (nfs underground wasnt nfs it was a totally differant game) hugely reminds me of nfs4 (or was it called road challlenge? ive forgotten) on ps1 inlove.gif

NFS4 on PS1 was called High Stakes and yeah some of these tracks do look similiar to the Celtic and the australian tracks from that game.

ye, Ill probably buy this little gem, The demo is huge and very challenging and way more fun than the underground series, I hope it has the mode where you play as a police car and chase down speeding criminals like nfs4 too that was great smile_o.gif

Yeah forgot about that mode. Plus i hope replay mode is also there i would like to save some moments if i ever experience any for later biggrin_o.gif .

Ooh, NSF4 V2?

I loved NFS4 with the Hot Pursuit mode. That was some great fun. I'll give it a try...

Btw, gamespot's navigation sucks royal caulk.

And also fileplanet will no longer let my server download the file with wget sad_o.gif

Yeah Gamespot isnt the best when it comes to it but still better then some of those other bland websites.

Btw did any of you knew about that PS1 cheat for NFS4 HS? In which you could use one mem card and double your money wins biggrin_o.gif .

Also has anyone noticed that this game runs on my 6600GT fine with max settings , doesnt this means that this game will hardly tax the Xbox 360 hardware or what? I am sure a 40 pixel pipeline of the 360 compared to a 8 one can do better ?

Btw did any of you knew about that PS1 cheat for NFS4 HS? In which you could use one mem card and double your money wins biggrin_o.gif .

I just used the trainer and got to play with all the cars I wanted rofl.gif

Just tried it, it's pretty sweet because you can go in a lot of places through the city rather than having just a preset course.

I just bought it too.

Yeah thats one of the better things about this new NFS feature since the NFSU series. Open roads no specific track atleast they are only their when you race proper and not in police chase/ random challenge.

Hope there are some night time maps too , day is good but i wouldnt want it to be only daytime (opposite of NFSU when it was only nighttime confused_o.gif ).

It got really dark and rainy at times while I was playing but nothing major. I really liked the strobe light effects in NFS4. The bloom effect in this game is really overdone, imo.

The bloom effect in this game is really overdone, imo.

Thats why I set the 'Visual treats' setting in the options to Low, which pretty much takes away all the annoying bloom effects. Much more playable like this IMO.

A couple of things i missed in this title (demo) was the lack of tactics used by the police to capture me , for example in NFS4 HS they used to lay down spike stripes to puncture my tires and end the pursuit , i missed that , it would have been cool to see some guys lay down those stripes here but since the roads are broad one could always avoid them , it would have added an additional challenge.

Plus wheres the police chopper ? In chases they usually employ these and i remember flying one in NFS 4 HS on the PS1 smile_o.gif .

Damn how could i forget the traps also!, That was so cool, They probably removed it in this game as too many people might complain eg, theyre speedin having fun and then suddenly *pop* you r tyres are gone game over, biggrin_o.gif I wouldnt mind that, I love challenging games

are you able to customize your cars in NFS Most Wanted like in Midnight Club 3 w/ body kits rims and tune-ups under the hood? only thing i didn't like about MC3 was it didn't have any Ford cars like Mustang's or the new Fusion w/ the exception for the Saleen but i wanted the new 2005 GT.

Ah, I remember the days when my brother and i would go on 2-Player pursuit and lay in wait with our tyre traps, then spring some bloody lambourghini speeding in out sector. Damn that was good.

Hope you can do that in this game.

are you able to customize your cars in NFS Most Wanted like in Midnight Club 3 w/ body kits rims and tune-ups under the hood? only thing i didn't like about MC3 was it didn't have any Ford cars like Mustang's or the new Fusion w/ the exception for the Saleen but i wanted the new 2005 GT.

You could do those things in NFSU2 so i dont see why it would be removed from NFS:MW and from the trailer i did see them show the customize car selection screen.

And NFS:MW demo has Dodge Viper GT, Lexus , Volkswagen , Ford Mustang. The full version will probably have more cars , i dont know if a list of it has been released or not.

How do you get the excessive speeding ticket , i mean i have taken my Mustang GT to nearly 330 KM/H isnt that excessive enough or do i have to start flying now? crazy_o.gif

ALso what about reckless driving?

And Blackdog do you play this on MP? I tried MP games last night , they were pretty good but my net connection sucks so there was a bit of lag for me and i couldnt play competitevly however there was a lot of car on car bashing being as most folks were busy trashing each others race tounge2.gif .

The MP game had one big big CON , the chat interface sucks , and i mean SUCK's bigtime. One person can write at a time and its slow aswell.

played the demo at a friends place and even on geforce 4 mx it looked fine, and the speeds man , the speeds biggrin_o.gif

great feeling and love the little extras like crashing down donut sign on the cop cars and stuff tounge2.gif

I tried MP too, it's OK, but the browser interface is actually worse than OFP's.

I think it would be difficult to ever get an organized game going, but then again, I was only joining servers, not making my own.

NFS: High Stakes has always been my favourite from the NFS series, but I was never pleased enough with the latest incarnations to go buy them.

But......

I quite like the look of that 'Pursuit Duration' time!

If it takes half an hour to get caught on one pursuit, then damn, I could see myself spending alot of time running from the law in this game!

Ozanzac one pursuit didnt cost that much time , its only the time taken by blackdog to break 6 road blocks and then the time he took to hide fromk the police. Effectively you could go on for hours without beign caught if your good and dont let those 8-9 so cars from coming close to you wink_o.gif .