Sign in to follow this  
majoris

ACU Uniforms

I've been searching around for a while now and haven't found anything.

Are there any units out there featuring the new ACU uniforms issued by the US Army?

I'm in the US Army Infantry myself, I own a couple pairs of the new uniforms, and I'd love to see them put into OFP.

Anyone spoken to him? I want these BAD, eh.

EDIT - Do the regulars have this gear as well, or just the Airbornes/SpecOps? I hope the regulars do, I'll throw them on my 1st infantry dudes asap.

EDIT #2 - And if he's still waiting for HYK's approval, he'll be waiting another decade - that bloke doesn't answer anyone's emails... grumble, grumble, tried myself once.

I rekon they dont look that good....give me Auscam any day.

Thought I didnt like Marpat but I got used to it.

(Still not Auscam) tounge2.gif

Why not upload it here? That's a tad harsh... mustn't like us or something.

He released it only as a beta version when all bugs are sorted I am sure he send the pack to all news sites wink_o.gif

DL Link scroll down choose free button and wait for a couple of seconds than you can dl it.

Be sure to look at the first link that I posted to the forum of flashpoint.org to see what addons are required wink_o.gif

Well, I've tried 'em. I can't get any of the grenadier units to run, but that's besides the point. I think he should've stuck with the HYK model proper, maybe with just the head models and textures replaced. These seem too snap-stickish (thin) to me. I spose they are a beta though.

Well, I've tried 'em. I can't get any of the grenadier units to run, but that's besides the point. I think he should've stuck with the HYK model proper, maybe with just the head models and textures replaced. These seem too snap-stickish (thin) to me. I spose they are a beta though.

I think all you need to do is to use the Air Borne models and perhaps make an officer model and a man model with beret and patrol cap and boonie hat

Its a BETA exclusive for the org, leave it there.

KMan doesn't want it mirrored so respect his wishes.

EDIT - Do the regulars have this gear as well, or just the Airbornes/SpecOps? I hope the regulars do, I'll throw them on my 1st infantry dudes asap.

Curently they've issued the new uniforms to a few different units for testing. They aren't in full rotation yet.

EDIT #2 - And if he's still waiting for HYK's approval, he'll be waiting another decade - that bloke doesn't answer anyone's emails... grumble, grumble, tried myself once.

hyakushiki gave permission to do what ever they wanted as long as they gave credits. At least i'm pretty sure of this...

This is a little of topic but pretty soon it looks like the US Armed Services will have as many uniforms as the Russian Forces, I mean each service is making their own uniform the Marines have their own, the army will have a unique one and the airforce has made some crap blue one.

Why the @#*% does the USAF need camo? Shouldnt they be flying planes?

Why the @#*% does the USAF need camo? Shouldnt they be flying planes?

not all USAF units fly, its hard to think but there is ground units too.

...but on the other hand, this looks like a bad idea. what happends when a guy is shot down in this camo. could you think what would happen if he was in the desert! anyways... i would love to see all of the new camo schemes be made into OFP.

Yep. Here is the example:

USAF new blue camo uniform:

web_030709-F-3050V-073.jpgweb_030723-F-3050V-012.jpg

web_030709-F-3050V-247.jpg

This is quite possibly the stupidest thing in the world. Right up there with the new Navy camo. Looks like some impoverished Latin American military's idea of a uniform, or the absurd extravagance found in some third-world African dictatorship.

That is not the new Air force camo it was scraped this how the uniform looks now:

http://www.chairforce.com/news-files/stories/2005/may/new-uniform.jpg

Digitalised Tiger cam in ACU like colors but I am not sure that it is set in stone that this is the new camo. This looks in my opinion better than ACU and i belive it has better camo value even with the bad colors.

STGN

Just a question, mate (SGT N) - are you releasing any new retextures for US Army besides your crewman retexture? I was hoping maybe you'd have an ACU BDU up your sleeve somewhere.

That is not the new Air force camo it was scraped this how the uniform looks now:

http://www.chairforce.com/news-files/stories/2005/may/new-uniform.jpg

Digitalised Tiger cam in ACU like colors but I am not sure that it is set in stone that this is the new camo. This looks in my opinion better than ACU and i belive it has better camo value even with the bad colors.

STGN

that looks somewhat better. I still think all these all-in-one camos are pretty crap.