Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Delay or GOLD announcement?

All quiet on the front (for now).... if you have any "breaking news" please let us know wink_o.gif

Im pretty sure if BIS has got any braking news theyll release it to the media and the community rather then keep it to them selves, so i dont think they need a thread in the forums to remind not to forget to do so wink_o.giftounge2.gif

BIS doesn't seem to be huge believers in having a PR machine. wink_o.gif

PR doesn't exist to please anyone, or inform them, but just to sell more stuff.

Ofcourse not, why do you think they hired Placebo nener.gif .

Anyway advertising and hyping the game should be the publishers job, i predict a delay honestly sad_o.gif ..

All quiet on the front (for now).... if you have any "breaking news" please let us know wink_o.gif

... as a optimistic human a would say:

a small delay of gold announcement xmas_o.gif

-edit-

now ... either something gone terribly wrong,

or they will strike us as thunder from clear sky wow_o.gif

PR doesn't exist to please anyone, or inform them, but just to sell more stuff.

That maybe true however most Xbox people I know have never even heard of OFP Elite.  The majority of ppl that know about this game are the OFP Fans who play it on PC.  I ducked into EB to have a look at the game and it was sitting under the Old games.  It was not even placed in the New Releases...what is with that ??  And prior to the games release it was not even listed in EB's "up and coming game list"  Maybe it would of been wise to send a heap of Empty Boxes to game retails stores prior to release so it could be placed on the stand for advertising.  Eg Like HL2, Quake4, and BF2 do.  If the budget allows a short movie on the cinemas would be nice, like World of Warcraft.  

When OFP first was released only a very small fan base had even heard of it.  I stumbled across it prior to release only by luck.  I was shot gun searching the net for Combat games.

But once I was able to show people what the game was about most of them bought it.  I got at least 10-12 people to buy the game by showing it running to them.

Anyway the point is that this forum or their web site is not enough media coverage to get the info out to sell more units.  But just releasing info for the fans would be nice also. biggrin_o.gif

News will be announced when it's announced. You'll probably hear it first here. No sense is speculating.