Sign in to follow this  
Gökhan - OFP TURKISH UNION

Faun Franziska SLT56 v3.0

Cheers guys!

Sorry for delay. sad_o.gif Real life jobs take too much time nowadays...

We did our best and Franziska v3.0 is almost ready. We are about to finalize the very last points. You won't wait it for weeks but just for days anymore. Besides I will post about the progress from now on.

We're so close to hit Ofp community again : )

Stay Tuned!

woohoo! i get to get meh gruby hands on it soon! i wish you guys good luck for the days to come and great job so far! keep it up! smile_o.gif

just wondering...but wouldn't it be possible to use that same script and implement it into a car hauler addon, but with multiple positions, so you can attatch more than one car?

@WackyIraqi --> "so you can attatch more than one car?"

Why not. But for every vehicle to be carried you run the same cargo script individually. I mean you run the same script x times at the same time where x is the number of the vehicles to be transported. This naturally and seriously increases lag and also no one can guarantee of if the system works flawlessly on problematic surfaces such as on slopes and Nogova Bridge.

We're still pushing hard to overcome Nogova bridge problem. Solution will come very soon. At worst, we will release it together with a custom bridge. You know, a solution making lag or looking bad is not really a solution.

Gökhan

Turkish Union

Sorry for delay sad_o.gif

Progress:

We've arrived a level that now we think it's impossible to create a transportation system which works "everywhere". I drive at, if we modify cargo scripts to cover bridge issue then the scripts won't work very well with normal terrain. If we don't change the scripts for bridge problem, and give a custom bridge so this addon will function pretty good. It was time to make a critical decision. Therefore we contacted UNN.

We're now in touch with UNN. He's working to make two different versions of Franziska. One will include a "modified" cargo which means all cargo of Franziska must include certain attribute to be compatible with Franziska addon. This also means official tanks won't be supported this way. The other version will work very similar to Franziska v1.5. It won't need cargo modification, so official tanks will be compatible with it. However, it won't support the official bridge but a custom bridge.

I don't have much time right now. sorry for weird sentences  icon_rolleyes.gif

so long

well, you could include the option for the users to de-pbo the file with the bridge in it, repackage it up with the new bridge p3d then replace the file in their flashpoint directory. im pretty sure that would work icon_rolleyes.gif

If Gökhan does not mind, I will add what I can.

The first task is to take the excellent work done so far and try and fix some of the minor glitches that remain. This includes a fix for custom bridges, and the best possible performance\look in SP OFP missions.

The second is to create a MP version that works well in MP, but perhaps does not look as nice as the SP version.

The third is to add a cargo system that can easily be exploited by other addon makers. As long as the mission maker is using supported addons, they will not have to script anything to accomplish basic tasks like loading and unloading.

The idea solution would be a system that supports any addon (like the OWP Mi28) but in this case, it's a different type of addon so I don't think it's will work.

Hopefully, if everything else works out. The final version will be almost as good. There are numerous heavy transport vehicles addons, already in the pipeline that will support this method. If other addon makers also support it, then it will be the next best thing, to a true intergrated transport system.

Quote[/b] ]This will be the next "big-bang" after FFUR

I think something was lost in translation smile_o.gif I never said it would be the next big thing.

I said it was a step down from a true intergrated transport system. In fact I'm using the same method BAS used years ago. The only thing new, I can bring. Is making it as easy as possible for other addon makers to support.

@UNN

Nothing was lost in translation mate. smile_o.gif Not you, I said that jokingly, "This will be the next "big-bang" after FFUR". Here I mean, this kind of transportation "on land" is not very common. I explained the big picture in my first message on this thread. If it was common we would already use it. I have never said we invented this, I only say that we will put it into practice on land with "tank transporter truck" concept and this will turn the page...  thumbs-up.gif

UNN, Thanks for your support mate! We appreciate your help...

Gokhan

Turkish Union

Quote[/b] ]Nothing was lost in translation mate.  Not you, I said that jokingly

Ah..I see. Then it was more a case of me not translating forum smilies properly smile_o.gif

Damn....I hate forums biggrin_o.gif

Guys, we know you've been waiting for this addon for a long time. Thanks for your patience. Please wait a bit more. This is a rather sensitive modification. Hope you like the result. Btw: We're also making some secret addons right now. We're not resting smile_o.gif

Stay Tuned,

Gökhan

Turkish Union Mod

wow_o.gif a secret addon? wow_o.gif is it my giant tomatoe hooked on the flatbed of the faun franziska?!?! tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

(if you kept an eye on the combat photography thread you would get it rofl.gif )

good luck m8s cant wait thumbs-up.gif

Cheers back! smile_o.gif

Tarfen posted on Mar. 11 2006,19:13

Quote[/b] ]is this addon dead or something, or is it released?

Neither dead nor released, guys. Sorry for incredible delay. Real life rushes take excessive time nowadays. Finally the truck is ready. Although it's not compatible with official bridge in Nogova (Davle bridge?) you will be able to pass over a custom bridge coming together with this addon. This bridge will provide you with a smooth pass. Actually we achieved to pass over the official bridge but it brought another awful problems. It's like sacrificing the addon for the sake of passing over the official bridge. We don't want to kill gameplay so we gave up using the official bridge.

Hope we finalize bridge modification in a few days and you get a new toy smile_o.gif

Okay, you read a long boring message and deserved a new screenshot biggrin_o.gif Maybe you wallpaper it till release? smile_o.gif

Broken Scud smile_o.gif

scud3.jpg

Stay Tuned!

Gokhan

Turkish Union Mod

Awesomness!  wow_o.gif

Is there any chance of a UK camo version? Not sure if it's the same model or not though.

Daniel @ Mar. 15 2006,23:23)]Awesomness! wow_o.gif

Is there any chance of a UK camo version? Not sure if it's the same model or not though.

I thought the British use the Oshkosh 1070F 8x8 tractor truck and a King Trailer GTS 100 seven axle semi-trailer?

Good news Gokhan. Looks inlove.gif .

Holy freakin cow...havent been around lately but looks like I got back just in time!!! wow_o.gifinlove.gif

Quote[/b] ]I thought the British use the Oshkosh 1070F 8x8 tractor truck and a King Trailer GTS 100 seven axle semi-trailer?

You're the expert, I just thought it resembled an Oshkosh. whistle.gif

Still, I suppose it would make a useful template if someone decided to make an Oshkosh in the future.

Daniel @ Mar. 16 2006,22:35)]
Quote[/b] ]I thought the British use the Oshkosh 1070F 8x8 tractor truck and a King Trailer GTS 100 seven axle semi-trailer?

You're the expert, I just thought it resembled an Oshkosh. whistle.gif

Still, I suppose it would make a useful template if someone decided to make an Oshkosh in the future.

I am by far an expert mate.

Yes it will be great if someone did make an Oshkosh, I will be using this as one until then...

Hey Gokhan,

Although I am not new to the OFP, I've just recently started checking BIS Forums and simply amazed with what OFP community could achieve. Turkish Union Add-ons are among the best I've played and million thanks to you guys for your effort and time ! Looking forward to new Faun.

Simdi de bu mesajin Turkcesini gecelim: Helal olsun size be, helal ! smile_o.gif Tum ekibe gurbetten selamlar