Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

ECF wanted to host the 2005 pack until the 2006 pack was updated, but were having some problems running the mod on a dedicated server. Everything seems to be installed correctly but once the server starts up it crashes and restarts.

If we take the bin folder out the server starts and runs but of course the game doesn't run the same and when you do a combat roll or peek around a corner it crashes.

Anywho were running a linux Debian 64 dedicated server and I can only imagine that we will need to mess with the editable config that comes with the mod. Any insight as to resolving this issue with the linux dedicated server?

PLZ help on this 1

Its a pity that there’s no one here with the acknowledgement on how to set it up on a Linux debian server, other than to change stuff in it not even BIS can help on this they defer to this thread but as it seams, no one here has the acknowledgement

Well maybe we can still hope banghead.gif

Its a pity that there’s no one here with the acknowledgement on how to set it up on a Linux debian server, other than to change stuff in it not even BIS can help on this they defer to this thread but as it seams, no one here has the acknowledgement

Well maybe we can still hope banghead.gif

Maybe there is a simple answer to the fact that nobody can help.

The most peole use windows instead of linux.

to be honest i've worked with linux and windows at the same time and linux seems to be for people that want to look brainy i'd stick with the windows servers plus there is a hell of a lot more user support for windows ones compared to "linux"

to be honest i've worked with linux and windows at the same time and linux seems to be for people that want to look brainy i'd stick with the windows servers plus there is a hell of a lot more user support for windows ones compared to "linux"

Fact is that Game Servers especially Operation Flashpoint run 100% better on Linux

We the E.C.F Play OFPR since the demo and always have hade dedicated Servers

FFUR is the first 1 that made problems; it’s a pity really coz we really like the mod

Ack! I am having withdrawls! Any updates on those ACU soldiers would be greatly appreciated. I'm not rushing you TB, just letting you know that I still care biggrin_o.gif

please change how black ops heal them selves AI its okay but for the player you could give them an option to heal them selves i have been killed so many times because i get shot start healing then get shot whilst healing in that time i had pleanty of time to run to cover then heal my self there.

Also on the ACU soldiers i think they look a bit more white if i understand correctly they were updated and are much more beigy (sp) liek more tanny if you have noticed that new ACU soldiers thread in discussion they look very close to the real stuff or to the photos ive seen not sure if they were the latest stuff though.

Anyway just my thoughts

IDEA: You could put a mixed EURO force in as SIDE:Resistance thus accounting for mixed dress & Eqpt. This would allow Campaigns like Res & Res2 to be playable as a 3 way battle whilst retaining Continental forces USA or Soviet equipment similarity. yay.gifgoodnight.gif

To 456820,

ThunderBird has been updating the ACU soldier along with his other projects in the time being. He will present the ACU soldier at anytime. Those ACU soldiers from the other thread do look really nice, I might add.

about french soldiers...

The FAMAS used id the FAMAS G1, never used in fact.

The FAMAS used actually is FAMAS F1, with bipod (but without bipod for FS, or FAMAS G2 used by the Marine Nationale and FS, but never by regulars), the gun is a bit more longer.

if soldiers use the "brelage" they have the "ceinturon" with.

Use the wrong FAMAS, and for anf-1?, minimi gun (french model are a bit different as US model, PAMAC50? (used today by old regular troops), FRF2? PGM Hectae II 12.7? FAMAS with LG? (APAV58mm and AC58mm?) ABL (yes AT4 but the rocket is ABL84mm), APILAS (do by FDF but french version is simple used)...I forget FAMAS infantry, used by all infantry regiment today?

And where is the "gilet de combat" because helmets are "Spectra" model, used in OpEx only, and today they have that instead of brelages... In OFrP model, they have "frag", as you can see on OpEx and combat pics.

the infantery model is smiliar with US soldiers, ok to do simple but to realist... look my profile to see ammo bag (for 3 mag of 25 rounds).

the flag badge is this: France%2520OPEX.JPG

h_9_ill_695582_00608046.jpg

So my general opinion: the camo is similar, helmet, but others are fantasists. I am reservist, i know my army, no?

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]Any updates on those ACU soldiers would be greatly appreciated

'Will come up ASAP with a couple of shots.

Quote[/b] ] The FAMAS used id the FAMAS G1, never used in fact.

The FAMAS used actually is FAMAS F1, with bipod (but without bipod for FS, or FAMAS G2 used by the Marine Nationale and FS, but never by regulars), the gun is a bit more longer.

->

Quote[/b] ]They're actually Beta, but more enhancements are envisaged for the next days.
Quote[/b] ]Use the wrong FAMAS, and for anf-1?, minimi gun (french model are a bit different as US model, PAMAC50? (used today by old regular troops), FRF2? PGM Hectae II 12.7? FAMAS with LG? (APAV58mm and AC58mm?) ABL (yes AT4 but the rocket is ABL84mm), APILAS (do by FDF but french version is simple used)...I forget FAMAS infantry, used by all infantry regiment today?

As previously mentioned, there would only be 'Infantry troops' that will be carrying their 'main' classical firearms, and the same goes to the rest of european armies that are planned to be added to the next update of the FFUR Euro.

The objective isn't to implement the whole equipments of each army but just to enhance a part of the gameplay aspect by including new 'infantry troops' as some people requested a while ago in order to show how would look a 'combined european forces coallition' so far as in real life.

And even if it would be wanted, it won't be possible due to the huge lack of time.

Regards

Thunderbird84

i can read, thanks smile_o.gif

So, imagine one time a french infantery group with Famas only...

A beta, I know, thanks...

But you can use FAMAS pack by Kabal, it's F1 model...it's no hard..

Do a coallition involve more vehicules and troops than OFP have...

But if you prefer have a US-french soldiers who have french just the name it's your choice.

I say one thing for ofp player: you never see french soldiers without their jeeps ou armored cars.

i can read, thanks smile_o.gif

So, imagine one time a french infantery group with Famas only...

A beta, I know, thanks...

But you can use FAMAS pack by Kabal, it's F1 model...it's no hard..

Do a coallition involve more vehicules and troops than OFP have...

But if you prefer have a US-french soldiers who have french just the name it's your choice.

I say one thing for ofp player: you never see french soldiers without their jeeps ou armored cars.

The way you word your posts makes it sound like TB owes you a French army mod huh.gificon_rolleyes.gif

He's already explained to you that allocating more than a couple infantry roles to French troops is as much as he will do, to keep the balance. You don't see me demanding that an Italian unit be introduced into FFUR...

Quote[/b] ]Do a coallition involve more vehicules and troops than OFP have...

The mod can't go against other european nations by focusing only on 'french' troops, and as stated in the previous pages, the vehicles and the rest of aircrafts will still be british or german, even if 'italian' or 'spanish' or 'dutch' or even 'belgian' troops would be added.

Simply because we can't include many European forces in the pack cuz there just aren't enough default units to be replaced by community addons.

Anyways, Actually our top priority objective is the FFUR 2006 patch that we're currently working on.

The rest of packs will be updated as soon as the patch's released.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Thunderbird, whatever you do, you are doing a great job smile_o.gif I am a big fan of FFUR (europe,2006,desert,Asian,winter etc. etc.). I have them all and I play a lot with them. Looking forward to the patch. And I am not going to ask you anything wink_o.gif the way you are building FFUR suits me perfect

Rotten

You know what I would like? FFUR 2006 with ECP radio chatter. Then Flashpoint will be perfect for me  smile_o.gif

I agree with Thunderbird about giving priority to the patch for FFUR 2006.

Lest keep this thread for FFUR 2006 only.

I suggest that different mods such the new FFUR Europe have its own thread maybe in Add ons non completed area so we all can talk at lenght about European Armies and so but not interfering the actual FFUR 2006 posts.

Something I found a bit odd about Euro - the Swedish boats have German crews. Would it be possible to swap in Swedish troops instead or is that too much work?

Hi

Hey TB is it possible to play without the light settings enhancements (i mean the cool FX of lights and shadows) I want to releave my cpu of some process.

What I like of FFUR are the unit replacement, realistic weapons, but the lighting my CPU and I can live without.

Also, I serve a few missions on my LAN, I saw a folder called "MP config" is there something I need to do in order to play MP missions properly in FFUR 2K6?

thanks

Would you believe it... Tarik (TB) is French

I guessed via the medium of a line in his sig (Liberty, Equality and Fraternity).

I look forward to the new ACU troops, since i use the ACU config for 2006 anyway

Ok if your adding the french to Euro forces why not add a new type of force to 2006. I know Iraqies dont have anything but make them resistance. Or maybe make what alot games have already made U.S vs Chines vs some type of Huge middle eastern group like Command and Conqure genrals and Battlefield 2.

@ mike31

Ok if your adding the french to Euro forces why not add a new type of force to 2006. I know Iraqies dont have anything but make them resistance. Or maybe make what alot games have already made U.S vs Chines vs some type of Huge middle eastern group like Command and Conqure genrals and Battlefield 2.

erm that was mentioned sometime earlier i think about US vs China. erm why not put resistance as something like the red army faction or something along those lines wink_o.gif

Ive mentioned something like that before - have the US troops carrying G36s to be German, and have the Steyr troops being English or French with FAMAS or SA80 or whatnot...It is meant to be 'NATO' in the war, not just US

Not everyone can have their own tailor made replacement mod with units as they want, I think how it is currently is fine, and pleases the majority of people.

The resistance side should not be a specific country's army, it should be a rabble of poorly trained farmers with outdated weapons as it currently stands.

Alternatively play any of the aforementioned games? icon_rolleyes.gif