Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

yeah the ACU looks off to me too from ingame to real life but everything cant be perfect.

But oh My does that Delta Guy look kick a$$ in the ACU. They (Army) look so "Futuristic" now.

Wow, more than 3000 replies in this topic biggrin_o.gif

By the way, TB, i'm a big fan of your work! FFUR makes flashpoint a real deal for us! Congratulations!

notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

The pattern isn't DLEM one, it probably looks similar because I based myself on his, but if you look closer, you will notice that it's still that one we used for the FFUR 2006, I just compressed our pattern size and inverted the main texture vertical axis in order to make it more or less similar to DLEMs which was in my opinion, more authentic than ours.

People who follow FFUR since a while know that I/we usually credit people for their hard work if their stuff is used in FFUR.

Anyways, here are some shots of the final version.

ffuracu0un.jpg

ffuracu33ef.jpg

ffuracu26pq.jpg

Quote[/b] ]

He means the reflection and material lighting effects on the ground and on the vehicles

They will be decreased as already stated.

Quote[/b] ]

By the way, TB, i'm a big fan of your work! FFUR makes flashpoint a real deal for us! Congratulations!

You're the welcome.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Looks perfect to me, TB wink_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

Btw, is that standing at ease anim what the new one will be? I like it smile_o.gif

And have you managed to sort out the death anims causing multiple deaths in MP issue out?

Quote[/b] ]Btw, is that standing at ease anim what the new one will be? I like it

Actually that's just a static anim, but we'd try to incorporate it as an 'Default' stand anim.

Quote[/b] ]And have you managed to sort out the death anims causing multiple deaths in MP issue out?

We've taken them out of the pack because they cause CTDs even in single game, but I'm trying to include'em as replacements instead of BIS death anims and not only as additions.

This would hopefully fix the current CTD issue.

wink_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Quote[/b] ]Btw, is that standing at ease anim what the new one will be? I like it

Actually that's just a static anim, but we'd try to incorporate it as an 'Default' stand anim.

Quote[/b] ]And have you managed to sort out the death anims causing multiple deaths in MP issue out?

We've taken them out of the pack because they cause CTDs even in single game, but I'm trying to include'em as replacements instead of BIS death anims and not only as additions.

This would hopefully fix the current CTD issue.

wink_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

A l'aaaaaaaaise wink_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

<Stunned silence>

Looks damned well good, Tarik. Wonderful job.

Could I ask a favour? Could you please "synchronise" the boots for the infantry + crew, pilots and blackops? Different desert boots distracts a little, I find, but no biggie.

Good job!

The ACU almost perfect looks except the pixels look a bit small...look at the real life photographs shown for pictures.

STGN, that ACU is way off what it looks like in real life, unfortunately.

I respectfuly disagree. And I still think its better than what is currently presented when talking about the pattern, in my opinion and no more way off, the colors might need a change though.

STGN

hiya,

i've downloaded the euro mod and have patched it too, i have also downloaded the islands pack aswell. All of them are great, however i am having troubles with the m16's with 203s, i also am running the SJB wepaons pack, but have tested without and same problems occurs. Basically when i fire a grenadelauncher i get the sound of it being fired but no sound on impact, any ideas?

help.gif

I know this has probably been raised before, but i dont have time to read all 200 pages of replies, i wish i did tho.

thanks in advance notworthy.gif

ECF wanted to host the 2005 pack until the 2006 pack was updated, but were having some problems running the mod on a dedicated server. Everything seems to be installed correctly but once the server starts up it crashes and restarts.

If we take the bin folder out the server starts and runs but of course the game doesn't run the same and when you do a combat roll or peek around a corner it crashes.

Anywho were running a linux Debian 64 dedicated server and I can only imagine that we will need to mess with the editable config that comes with the mod. Any insight as to resolving this issue with the linux dedicated server?

PLZ help on this 1

Its a pity that there’s no one here with the acknowledgement on how to set it up on a Linux debian server, other than to change stuff in it not even BIS can help on this they defer to this thread but as it seams, no one here has the acknowledgement

Well maybe we can still hope  banghead.gif

Managed to fire up the ffur2006 at linux server, did not try with ffur2005

It was just for a couple of hours - no extensive tests were conducted

As I could not find any info on how to setup dedicated server with this mod, I have used the MP config.bin

Server worked fine with ppl who joined with the same config.bin as server's, if with different - sever crashed.

So from my experience, ffur2006 works on linux.

No idea how stable it works. No idea with 2005 or other.

That's all I can help now.

As Algrab stated, everyone on server has to use same config, at least if server uses MP config, it must be MP config for all. If standard ffur config, then for all same (maybe they can use ACU config in the same time).

So maybe there should be some kind of rule like always add -mod=@defaultConfig or -mod=@mpConfig respectivly so any user will now which config he should use. When I played on FFUR server i do not know it and I have to learn it by... my own crashes. Or worse, by crashing server.

Quote[/b] ]<Stunned silence>

Looks damned well good, Tarik. Wonderful job.

Good job!

I admire the final version TB, i'd keep it this way for a long while. I appreciate you listening to our comments.

Thanks, glad you like'em.

Quote[/b] ]Could I ask a favour? Could you please "synchronise" the boots for the infantry + crew, pilots and blackops? Different desert boots distracts a little, I find, but no biggie.

Heh, sure.

Quote[/b] ]Basically when i fire a grenadelauncher i get the sound of it being fired but no sound on impact, any ideas?

This is due to the fact that FFUR M203 values are customized, but we would try to figure out this problem.

Quote[/b] ]use. When I played on FFUR server i do not know it and I have to learn it by... my own crashes. Or worse, by crashing server.

We are working on the Multiplayer aspect in order to make FFUR smoother online, and now we have the opportunity to carry out intensive tests online, thanks to SWAF guys for their kindness, though.

It is envisaged to include a detailed 'Readme' about the 'Multiplayer side' as well.

This would hopefully be implemented to the next incoming FFUR 2006 patch.

Btw, we expect to include several new additions in order to make the US/Russian armies more 'complete', probably by increasing the vehicles and aircrafts variety in game.

Maybe with the addition of some 'Artillery' units, as well.

And with the cooperation of some skilled people of the community, we hope to increase the realism aspect of the FFUR 2006 pack.

More detailed informations would be published soon.

smile_o.gif

regards

Thunderbird84

Hey thunderbird,how about replacing the m4 the officer carry by the one with eotech? The reflex is nearly never seen nowadays. smile_o.gif

The problem is that acog is a magnifying scope,so it isn' t really comparable,and would give a big advantage to the us forces in the ofp' s open areas.

EDIT: What a mo*on,i forgot it was only for the officer rofl.gif

After the ACU update, here comes the BDU one.

[*]Fixed the collar.

[*]Enhanced the pattern.

[*]Enhanced the camo colors and decreased the pixelation around the pattern edges.

[*]Included shadows and 'Clothes fold' Fx.

[*]New Blood textures.

ffurbdu3su.jpg

ffurbdu29kk.jpg

ffurbdu49wn.jpg

ffurbdu35ce.jpg

ffurbdu53du.jpg

Regards

Thunderbird84

Seriously no suggestions here TB. These BDU guys are dead-on in my opinion. The BDU camo is professionally done. I like how the boots merge with the trousers (I don't know if that is how it always was, didn't know, but these guys really brought it out and made me notice). All the equipment is equally proportioned and highly realistic. Very nice stuff here. You make my favorite modern trooper models.

Hi all, my first post here.

I specially registered to thank FFUR team for their work, never been in the modding job myself for this game, so i appreciate very much the "all in one" aspect. notworthy.gif

One (more) request to enjoy the game even better here:

AI can shoot at me from almost 400m it seems, even with AKs, and they sometimes hit !

I can't see anything further than 230m (hi seetings, 19" monitor though), and can aim reasonably at maybe 150m.

Is there a way i can mod my offline FFUR game to restrict AI small arms fire at 150/180m ?

Could this be considered as a future option ?

Thanks for considering, if not doable i'll just keep hiding until they fall short on ammos nener.gif

To RollnLoop:

19" is a pretty good size of a monitor. I think the distance shots are accurate. You don't want to make the AI as dumb as the AI in most action FPS (who can't shoot for jack so you can intentially kill more of them). Try lowering your settings a tad bit and raising your 'view distance' under the video option in the game.

Edit: welcome.gif Oh yeah, welcome to the community! welcome.gif

WOW  wow_o.gif  those ACU and BDU soldiers look both so awesome. Very nice job and the blood textures look great instead of the old ones where the whole legs just turn to red in one shot.

Looking very nice  notworthy.gif

By any chance will these soldiers ACU and BDU be released as normal addons to be used in missions since the BDU is the best around IMO and so is the ACU so i would prefer to use them in my missions then any other but dont want to expect 56k people to download 500mb for just the soldiers which wouuld be replaced anyway

But great work cant wait for the patch your work always amazes me.

Edit - I know this is right but why is the US flag put the other way around (I know thats how it really is but why was it done like that?) sorry for being a bit ot

Thanks for the welcome Marco smile_o.gif

My distance settings are already at 1200m, and my view is not bad (12/12), still when a soldier is 3 green pixels against a green background i cant' see it enough for aiming, and that happens at about 270m if target is standing, 180m if it is crawling.

I don't want to dumb the AI for sure, but i'd like the option to restrict its ability to shoot me with AKs at 400m+.

I use other mods that changed the dispersion for higher than FFUR's, that helps, but modern firearms are reported to be quite accurate up to 100m, so probably FFUR's dispersion are OK, but then the AI shoots me when i can't see it.

And of course, just as an option, since the majority doesn't complain and is probably 100% satisfied with current solution.

But my flightsim team is no expert of OFP, we would enjoy better the multi with restricted engagement distance.

Thanks for reading smile_o.gif

That ACU kicks ass! Cant wait to play with it wink_o.gif

[*]Fixed the collar.

[*]<span style='color:red'>Enhanced the pattern.</span>

[*]<span style='color:red'>Enhanced the camo colors and decreased the pixelation around the pattern edges</span>.

[*]New Blood textures.

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8148/ffurbdu3su.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5043/ffurbdu29kk.jpg

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/9451/ffurbdu49wn.jpg

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/5364/ffurbdu35ce.jpg

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8900/ffurbdu53du.jpg

Regards

Thunderbird84

You did what and how too my baby crazy_o.gif -please send your "Enhanced" pattern back too me.

Look too dark for woodland camo now almost like they have just been in the water they looked right befor.

STGN

[*]Fixed the collar.

[*]<span style='color:red'>Enhanced the pattern.</span>

[*]<span style='color:red'>Enhanced the camo colors and decreased the pixelation around the pattern edges</span>.

[*]New Blood textures.

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8148/ffurbdu3su.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5043/ffurbdu29kk.jpg

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/9451/ffurbdu49wn.jpg

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/5364/ffurbdu35ce.jpg

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8900/ffurbdu53du.jpg

Regards

Thunderbird84

You did what and how too my baby crazy_o.gif -please send your "Enhanced" pattern back too me.

Look too dark for woodland camo now almost like they have just been in the water they looked right befor.

STGN

OMFG there's just no pleasing some people icon_rolleyes.gifmad_o.gif

The new woodland soldiers look top notch TB thumbs-up.gif