Sign in to follow this  
Blackblood

FN SCAR and SHRIKE 5.56

WIP.

Emphasizing on WIP.

FN SCAR-L (Oxygen sideshot: Facecount 710)

durkadurka.jpg

FN SCAR-L (Showing off bad sidesharpening/smoothing)

polys.jpg

Taken from defense review site.

The SCAR...utilizes an updated/upgraded FN FNC upper receiver...The FN FNC assault rifle and its Swedish cousin, the AK-5/CGA5 assault rifle (manufactured under license by Saab Bofors), represent a proven system that's known to be reliable under adverse conditions, from jungle, to desert, to arctic environments. This is because the FN FNC and AK5/CGA5 are based on the AK-47/AKM (Kalashnikov) operating system, which can handle dirt, mud, sand, etc., no problem.

Funny thing. When browsing for resources and info on the FN SCAR I found a stunning majority of negative critizism on the aestethics. Seems it's not cool-looking enough.  icon_rolleyes.gif

Hell when I fought foes in exercises with the AK5, that aspect had - let's say - NOT the highest priority.

-

-

-

Shrike 5.56/ARES-16 (Oxygen shot)

Bakkalakkadakka.jpg

Using INQS's M4 constr.kit and donated parts from SJB.

The SCAR is only a prototype is probably likely to be changed around before it finaly gets adopted, thus meaning its current appearance will be changed too. Other than that, excelent work! smile_o.gif

The SCAR is only a prototype is probably likely to be changed around before it finaly gets adopted, thus meaning its current appearance will be changed too. Other than that, excelent work!  smile_o.gif

Yes it's a prototype. However this version with the current look is actually already in use for testing and tweaking in the field. I don't think the final configuration will deviate too much.

Let's just leave it there and not turn this into a stretched discussion, pretty pleease...

Another version...

DSCN4.jpg

So next it will be...

"Retired Creator Of Scar"?

biggrin_o.gif

Well since P:UKF has taken over further devs on the BLEED, i am a retired creator of BLEED, not a retired creator.

Semantics, baby!  wink_o.gif

The SCAR is only a prototype is probably likely to be changed around before it finaly gets adopted, thus meaning its current appearance will be changed too. Other than that, excelent work! smile_o.gif

Yes it's a prototype. However this version with the current look is actually already in use for testing and tweaking in the field. I don't think the final configuration will deviate too much.

Oh i didnt know it was already in limited use, cool notworthy.gif

So next it will be...

"Retired Creator Of Scar"?

biggrin_o.gif

Well since P:UKF has taken over further devs on the BLEED, i am a retired creator of BLEED, not a retired creator.

Semantics, baby!  wink_o.gif

You really have to make your intentions clearer next time. I thought you were done for good. tounge2.gif Good to see you're still a creator! thumbs-up.gif

These weapons are looking really good, too. thumbs-up.gif

Damn that looks fine! Can't wait for a release already. Still playing around with your past units so may even combine the two wow_o.gif

Yeah, looks great! The Shrike is one cool weapon, glad you're still around Blackblood! yay.gif

Nice modelling. Although The SCAR has almost nothing in common with the FNC except looks the model you are making is the first prototype(Do you have the big photo of it the 3162x1272 picture?) the reviewed one has a polymor lower and is painted in SOCOM flat earth, the picture you presented.

I am prity sure the SCAR is not in the field yet(havn't heard that enyway) the HK416 and POF416 is and soon there are tree LW's are going to a group in the 5 SFG.

STGN

Excellent work Blackblood!  notworthy.gif

I would like to see them develope a SCAR Medium in 6.8SPC.  Just to see how it compares with 5.56 and 7.62.

GD Mast

Nice modelling. Although The SCAR has almost nothing in common with the FNC except looks the model you are making is the first prototype...

"FN Herstal's/FNH USA, Inc.'s SCAR/SOFCAR (Special Operations Forces Combat Assault Rifle) program competition winner utilizes an updated/upgraded FN FNC upper receiver w/M1913 Picatinny rail system, mated to a modified M4/M4A1 Carbine-config/type lower receiver." - Defense review, nov 2004

"The FN SCAR rifles all based on the well proven 5.56mm FN FNC assault rifle." - World.guns.ru, dec 2004

Somehow i suspect it's more than the looks...

I am prity sure the SCAR is not in the field yet(havn't heard that enyway)

SCAR prototypes will be distributed to operators for testing on an undisclosed schedule. “What they’re going to do is tweak that gun and come back with engineering change proposals" National Defense Magazine, july 2005

That comment led me to believe that. But fair enough it does say: undisclosed schedule. And "field"...perhaps a little too optimistic assumption from me. Withdrawn until further notice. smile_o.gif

"...the reviewed one has a polymor lower and is painted in SOCOM flat earth, the picture you presented."...

I'm making several versions.

blablaa.jpg

I do not claim to now all the facts and i'm not a SOCOM employee. This is my version. Simple as that.

Look at the time. I've just used up my only free hour yapping instead of modelling. Off to work.

I would like to see them develope a SCAR Medium in 6.8SPC.  Just to see how it compares with 5.56 and 7.62.

Yep. I'd sure like to see a grendel adaption (6.5) on our firearms (Sweden).  smile_o.gif

Nice modelling. Although The SCAR has almost nothing in common with the FNC except looks the model you are making is the first prototype...

"FN Herstal's/FNH USA, Inc.'s SCAR/SOFCAR (Special Operations Forces Combat Assault Rifle) program competition winner utilizes an updated/upgraded FN FNC upper receiver w/M1913 Picatinny rail system, mated to a modified M4/M4A1 Carbine-config/type lower receiver." - Defense review, nov 2004

"The FN SCAR rifles all based on the well proven 5.56mm FN FNC assault rifle." - World.guns.ru, dec 2004

Somehow i suspect it's more than the looks...

1st no it is not based on a FNC upper it uses a different bolt a different carrier its a very different design the lower was based on a FNC lower in the first design.

Oh and its name is actualy ARM-L and ARM-H(not sure is it says FN to start with like FN ARM-L), SCAR is just the program name. You didn't say wether you had the big picture or not so I assume you do.

STGN

My friend. Tell that to the world media. It is not my words.

And frankly I don't care if it's made of oatbrans.

(read first page about stretched discussion).

Quote[/b] ]Funny thing. When browsing for resources and info on the FN SCAR I found a stunning majority of negative critizism on the aestethics. Seems it's not cool-looking enough.

compared to the XM-8 its a thing of beauty rofl.gif looks modern without going star trek

I guess that you will make the 7.62 version too which has longer barrel and i prefer it from the 5.56

Anyway it looks really nice

Thanx guys.

Plans:

-Shrike 5.56 with ARES own manufactured lower recievers in various configs.

-FN SCAR in 7.62 and 5.56 in Standard, Sniper and CQC (or CQB if you like). Polymer in at least two different schemes.

EGLM attachments (grenadelaunchers) bla blaa etc

@STGN

I mean no disrespect. I just based my intel on docs from the web but i could very well have missed something. Any additional info are most welcome thru pm.