Sign in to follow this  
syphboy

Syphboy's H&K P9S

Get it here, thanks to the guys at Rapidshare.  (Click the "Free" button at the bottom of the page and read the intructions! )

Some pictures:

p914s0yb.jpg

Standard version.

p916s4ml.jpg

Suppressed version.

Details:

As you can see, 2 versions - standard and suppressed.

Oxygen-made models.  450 & 500 faces each (not including zaslehs).

Animated slide and empty models.

4 LODs.

More info in the zip file's readme.

Well done!! High-Res textures!! Very nice addon. No demo Mission? tounge2.gifwink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

looks kinda small, but maybe its just because of OFP's awful hand models...

The P9-series is tiny.  wink_o.gif

Lots of pics and info at HKpro

Very nice model indeed, and I don't even like the P9 (and P7) biggrin_o.gif

Nice for a spy/undercover mission thumbs-up.gif

Lovely work! Good Navy SEAL pistol for the Cold War era, I'll bet.

Do the same with a VP70 and you da man!

Har, har! Not a another pistol by Syphboy! j/k

I love you... whistle.gif

Great job! This will go along well with the HP and P226s

thumbs-up.gif

All of your work maintains a uniform level of quality and playability. Superb stuff.

I, for one, would like to see you branch out into larger firearms, perhaps assault, sniper, or battle rifles. Something that hasn't been done to death (Unlike the Kalashnikov, Colt, Diemaco, Stoner SR-25 series of weapons) is the FN-FAL. Just tossing out a suggestion. wink_o.gif

Still using your Browning HPs and SIG -226s. Much appreciated, though I haven't said it before.

This really is a quality addon, brilliantly done, but the question has to be asked, what next from your talented addon making?

Hopefully a realistic HK USP (not a SOCOM).... Hint hint.

For pistol addons you are the man, lots of respect.

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Uh oh!  I just found a bug.   mad_o.gif

Let's make this interesting - The first person who can report what this bug is gets a *present*!

-Syphboy.

Well, the slide remains open when you drop the weapon to the ground even if there's a magazine loaded.

smile_o.gif

Is there a texture missing off the foresight of the weapon, it does look a little bit to white compared to the rest of the textures!

wow_o.gif

Well, the slide remains open when you drop the weapon to the ground even if there's a magazine loaded.

Not what I was looking for.  As far as I know, this can't be avoided, so it's not so much as a 'bug' as an 'engine limitation'.  But thanks for the response.  Check your messages - present for you!   smile_o.gif

Is there a texture missing off the foresight of the weapon, it does look a little bit to white compared to the rest of the textures!

Good guess but no, it's supposed to be white.  Check out the photo that I used as a source:

Photo (from Waffenhq.de)

Thanks for the response.  Check your messages - present for you too!  

smile_o.gif

Well, I'll give it another 24 hours then I'll reveal all and decide whether or not to bother fixing the bug.  (Hint: it's not a visual thing.)

In the meantime, keep the answers coming!  As you can see I'm giving out presents for pretty much any answer.

-Syphboy.

Well, first thanx very much for that "exclusive" gift.

Really impressive and I am sure it woll become an excellent final version. No more words about that in public here.

smile_o.gif

I took a look again on that P9S pistol to find that bug you told us to search for. But I didnt' reveal it. So as you said it is not a visual thing I tried to find another detail. I failed.

I would use this pistol in its current configuration, nothing which should be consideres as a bug.

Well, we will learn that when you tell us.  smile_o.gif

Only one is that when changing handgun to rifle the slide is moving backwards before the pistol diappears to the gear and the rifle is shown.

But I think that due to the engine, isn't it?

Okay, I'm sure the whole world is waiting with baited breath.  Not!  tounge2.gif

Basically, there's no dry sound.  That's it!  When your clip runs out of rounds and you pull the trigger again there's no 'click' sound.  Big deal, huh?

This is because that my P9 directly inherits the 'Handgunbase' class in the config.cpp file.  'Handgunbase' has no entry for 'drySound'.  Actually, a dry sound isn't specified until the CZ75base class (which really seems to be the handgun which most others in the game are modelled after).

Anyway, this is really easily fixed.  I just have to add an extra line or two to the config file.  But anyway, the purpose of this exercise was really to see if there were any other problems with the addon that I had overlooked.  Apparently, there aren't.  (Or there are, but no-one cares! )

I don't really want to make everybody download a version 1.1 if the only change is the drysound bug.  Is there anything else people would like to see in the addon?  I'm thinking of changing the optic for the suppressed version to show the silhouette of a suppressor around the edge of the pistol frame.  I may even go the whole hog and make a special ammo box!

In case anyone is curious as to the *present*, check out these pictures:

ump1s1mk.jpg

ump2s0bj.jpg

ump3s4vu.jpg

ump4s5qp.jpg

The textures are a bit crappy (mainly becaue they were 100% made by me! ) but I'm pretty chuffed with the model - 750 faces on the standard version, 1070 on the suppressed.

And yes, I know there are already enough UMP addons out there. At least it's not another bloody M4!

I think I've crapped on enough for one day.

-Syphboy.

PS The unit in the top three pictures is from Ballistic Addon Studio's Ranger Pack.

Very, very nice!  I don't think anyone here minds if you made an m4 smile_o.gif

We don't care what it is as long as it's from you! notworthy.gif

PS:  Thanks for trying to keep the poly low.

On a small note,

I admire your greatly for making your own skins, unlike some modders out there whom release of works w/o even crediting the origenal artist. smile_o.gif