Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

Russian weapons???

hello, well me and my friends need help finding new russian weapons, and when i say weapons i mean the hole deal.

Becuase we have every thing els set up on are CTI now we just need new russian weapons that look just as great as

SJB's american weapons. So if any one can help.gif that would be nice.

RHS looks better than SJB's weapons in genneral you should use them. But if you looking for every "modern" russian gun I don't think they all exist in OFP. Also look at hoyt's weapons they look okay and fill in some emty slots.

STGN

IMHO the ORCS Russian weapons look far far better than the RHS ones, but RHS has more, and better sounds. So, it's eyecandy vs. scripting/numbers.

Yes far far far

Put on your glasses tounge2.gif

Ok ok question of personal taste but thats...

Heres a DL to our uggly weaps thumbs-up.gif

Download

Yes far far far

Put on your glasses  tounge2.gif

Ok ok question of personal taste but thats...

Heres a DL to our uggly weaps  thumbs-up.gif

Download

dont worry man, i like your weapon pack far more than ORCS wink_o.gifsmile_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

the other weapon pack by the mod that shall not be named lest this thread be locked biggrin_o.gif , i find to be ai super weapons especially the pkm of instant death crazy_o.gif

though there pkm and svd model look nicer than the rhs ones but rhs ak/rpk ect look far nicer

Hey, hey, meant no offense. Just that the orange hurts me eyes!  confused_o.gif

I use RHS' stuff meself! (Well, everything but the AKs/PK/SVD).

A bit of config modding makes the "Mod-who-should-not-be-named" weapon's pack almost as good as RHS'.

Ah, I give up, eh. Guess I'll be up all night reconfig'ing those RFMI, GRU and SOBR units again. D'oh.

Okay, RHS is definatly at the top

ORCS has several guns that RHS doesnt

The Polish Mod have the best Dragunov and PKM, IMHO

Vilas Mod has a good AK104

The texture quality of Hoyts weapons isn't great but it has some good guns

E&S have some fancy customized Spec Ops guns

and INQ has the only RPK-47 that I know of

Hey, hey, meant no offense. Just that the orange hurts me eyes! confused_o.gif

Hes got a point, I dont like those orange AK-47 mags, I much prefer the traditional Metal ones.

Hes got a point, I dont like those orange AK-47 mags, I much prefer the traditional Metal ones.

They're not AK-47 mags, but AK-74 mags IIRC...

Newer ones are made of plastic to reduce weight.

They're not AK-47 mags, but AK-74 mags IIRC...

Newer ones are made of plastic to reduce weight.

No, theyre Bakelite AK47 magazines. In Afghanistan, the Spetznaz used the AK47 over the AK74 because they'd wear the heavy metal mags over their chest as a form of body armour..

The Polish Mod have the best Dragunov and PKM, IMHO

Can I see a pic of both weapons? whistle.gif

best russian weapons pack?

definetely rhs mixed with orcs's pk/pkm, svds, val pso's...

that's what i use went it goes to the "EAST" side(lithuania is my "center"(but in real, europe's center :P), so not so far from us we have russian and very far to the west, u.s., though peopl

P.S. sorry, moderators, delete this post... :/

best russian weapons pack?

definetely rhs mixed with orcs's pk/pkm, svds, val pso's...

that's what i use went it goes to the "EAST" side(lithuania is my "center"(but in real, europe's center :P), so not so far from us we have russia and very far to the west, u.s.)

I recomend you the RHS and earls weapons from the MAP because unlike 90% of other weapon packs these dont look out of place in OPF, they look great and blend nicely with OPF's graphics, model and texture style wink_o.gif .

There are better looking weapons available but they just dont fit with the game graphicaly and most are taken from other small, better looking games, the overall result turns bad imo smile_o.gif .

Well the mags are orange... well cause theyre orange tounge2.gif

Most time you see a AK-74 or AKS-74 it will have a orange mag thats why ours also have a orange mag.

Offcourse you also have some other colours availeable in real life, wine red, black or plum for example...

easiest cure is unpack file edit the mag texture to your likings and repack.

I tried a few colour tones but i think this one fitted best... the earlier versions we had to beta test were lot brighter btw before i darkened them and toned some mags bit down.

well as i know, they are not so orange as you say...

very bright brown, and these mags are build from plastic, causing less weight, these mags were mostly used by 74 models...

yes, there is few colors of the magazines

74's magazines

some more info on 74

correct me if i'm wrong...

Still there are also a lot very orange looking mags to be seen on pics, as you may have noticed russian stuff can often differ quite a lot colour tone wise depending on year of production.

The texture we used is directly from pics taken by a guy who owns lots of AKs and lots of mags, these orange looking one being one of them

Anyway, whoever cant live with our orange one may exchange the colour tone with one fitting to his needs smile_o.gif

Finally, someone who thinks along my lines! But yeah, maker-of-topic, definitely use RHS' pack.

Anyway, I was going to ask (at the risk of being shafted), is there any mod to mod animosities where ORCS is concerned? Noone seems to be too happy with them (except me). Why is this?

Use the search function and you may find out, i keep my lips closed this time tounge2.gif

Personally I like RHS's work more. They are more amiable than The-mod-that-shall-not-be-named. The-mod-that-shall-not-be-named are actually quite talented, though they seem very xenophobic and have questionable scruples. The configs for their works usually tend to be way overpowered also. That’s all I’ll say about that.

As for The-mod-that-shall-not-be-named’s weapon pack versus RHS’s? I think RHS’s are balanced better and look quite good, they also are JAM compatible. The-mod-that-shall-not-be-named’s  weapons pack is more complete in my opinion and they do look good, they seem balanced for the most part but are not JAM compatible. (The-mod-that-shall-not-be-named despises JAM).

I prefer RHS but deep down keep hoping for an upgraded RHS weapons pack(perhaps 1.5?) that fills in the empty spaces.  For example here is a list of the guns included in The-mod-that-shall-not-be-named’s weapons pack. I've included a * before each weapon that is not included in the RHS pack and a # before ones that are.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#AK74

#ak74gl

#AK74m

#ak74mgl

#AKS74

#AKS74gp

*AK47

*AKS47

#AKM

#AKMGP

#AKMS

*AKMB

*AKMSB

*AKMSGP

*AKS74m

*AKS74mgp

#svd

*svd63

*svd89

*svds

#pk

*pkm

*aks74u

#rpk74

#ak74mpso

*val

*valpso

*vss

*gsh18

*makarov

#r109 (radio)

The RHS pack does have a few Unique weapons to it's pack that are not in The-mod-that-shall-not-be-named's pack. Those are

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

AKMPBS1

AKMSGP25PBS1

AKS74PSO1

AKS74PSO1GP25

AKS74PBS3

AKS74PSO1PBS3

AKS74PSO1PBS3GP25

AK74MPSO1GP25

RPK74PSO1V

APS

APS Silenced

V94

Overall they both have the same amount of guns. The RHS pack has more silenced and scoped versions than the The-mod-that-shall-not-be-named's, while The-mod-that-shall-not-be-named's has a few that are notably missing from the RHS pack, PKM, AKS74U,VSS and val being the most notable.

Over all I like RHS better. Their weapons are balanced, blend in better with Flashpoint and are JAM compatable. That's my preference though. It's up to you which pack you like better.

I noticed a few inaccuracies in RHS work, too, but nothing serious (unless you're an insanely perfectionist guy like me), like incorrect (as in unrealistic) handle textures, etc. And ORCS has an AK47 too. Woot.

On the other hand, RHS has a fully sick V94. Love that weapon! And I completely agree with the better configging, etc. Finally, I never said RHS' weapons were ugly! I can't even create a barrel! notworthy.gif