Sign in to follow this  
.kju

WGL Texture Replacement Pack

how do i get these textures too work along side of Berghoffs Nordic tree replacement ?

cheers great pack

i think you can rename Berghoffs wrp to the ones in ofp\wrp folder and move it in there. i havent tried i though.

Quote[/b] ]Firstly download and install the low def island replacement pack from the FFUR site that replaces the islands textures with Resistance equivalents and Resistance trees.

One done, now install this pack as texture replacement only. I found that Berghoff's trees were fairly un-optimised and a liability for forest fighting. This gives me the balance of functionality and visual quality I need.

i tried that and its great but only on Everon and Kolgujev the trees dont seem to get replaced on Malden is it just me

It looks great on other islands but the trees just arent working on Malden weird i did what you said i will have a go with the trees without using this replacement

Also are their any ideas/plans of replacing Nogova's textures ?

This pack altogether is great

edit - any way of not having to replace the .wrp's and dta/.pbo's since i dont like replacing files since it always ends up into a fresh reinstall of the game even when i back up the files

The Malden trees do not seem to be replaced, unfortunately, which is a shame. I guess there are no resistance equivalents for them. It's no great loss though - I'd much rather have these low quality ones than the Berghoff ones. No disrespect, but the LODs are all over the shop and the forests are horrible for fighting in. They look bloody amazing, though.

I just tried this out and wow, It looks great. The only bad thing I have noticed was that pavement is missing from Everon, for example the gas station at EC51 and the helecopter base from the CWC campaign. That and the two helepads on the island are missing to. I know it's too late to report these things now, just thought I'd mention them any way.

It definetly is impressive though. I just did the texture replacement and kept the original tree's and it looks amazing. The new textures really add contrast to the islands that make every line, ridge, and depression show up. It really gives the island a true three diminsional feeling.

I used the CWC trees and they actually looked amazing to me believe it or not. The new ground textures really accent the old trees and make all 3d objects stand out a lot more. Like I said it really feels 3d now it just sucks you in. Something about the new textures really tricks my mind into seeing things completely different.

I think the best story I can relate so far is this one... I was driving a hummer down the road on everon and over shot a corner into the grass. I freaked out and thought " Ahh crap I'm going to bottom out or flatten a tire", then I snapped back to the realazation that this is still the same everon, the terrain is still just as safe as it was before to drive on. Basically the new textures have such a rough and real nature look to them that they tricked my mind into percieving the terrain as rough off road and unsuitabl for driving.

Keep up the good work.

PS... I'll admit I haven't done a combat mission yet so I can't comment on performance as of this time. I like what I see a lot though.

Quote[/b] ]I guess you missed this addon?

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....94;st=0

This is from that thread...

Quote[/b] ]There were some trouble with Malden though. The thing is that resistance objects don't look good on Malden, so i could only replace a few trees.

And I do think there are a few replaced on the one I have, just not all (and I don't think the most common ones have been replaced, which is a shame). Thanks for trying, though.

Is there any possibility of perhaps a small patch to include pavement on Everon? It's the only thing missing from the original island that I've seen.

Here are two examples...

This base use to be paved

missingpavement10tg.jpg

There should be pavement under this gas station.

nopavement9mh.jpg