Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

DMA Dynamic War SP template

could you posibly help me

i would love to try this but when i save and load i get error messages

i am saving in mision using not using the flshpoint saves

do you have any idea why this might be happening however simple i have no idea

Do you use a mod when playing this mission and using the "saving/loading" feature in the base ?

Some mods are using their own variables, that's no problem, but some mods use a lot of them and combined with the variables saved by the DynaWar mission, unfortunately it could make unstable save/load.

Quote[/b] ]Another question: I need more game logic objects but there is already 63 groups of them. Can I group some of existing GL's? For example put all rzones in one or two groups? Does it break the scripts?

You should be able to group some game logic.

We did that for the "search and destroy" mission as you can see in the template.

But notice that some people wrote that grouping game logic can have some strange result

It does not occur with the s&d game logics grouped, but if you notice something strange by grouping more GL, maybe it is that.

Has anyone made any interesting maps with this yet? Im dying to play some good ones with FFUR other than the simple one given.

only for wargames whistle.gif

I have some questions regarding the use of some game logics (where they are supposed to be placed):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">sad_ip_ (-> insertion point on search and destroy mission?)

sad_1 (no clue what that is for)

sad_ep (-> extraction point for search and destroy mission?)

mo_home (no clue what that is for)

Helo down mission:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">hd_insertion

hd_helo

hd_enemy

How do these three corelate?

secretconvoy (-> position where convoy in trouble will be?)

secretrotor (no clue what that is for)

And last but not least

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">dzsp_

game logics?

Thanks in advance, and thank you for this nice template.

It's been a very long time i have not looked at the script

sad_ip _x

x being a number

they are the possible insertion locations for the chopper in the Search&Destroy mission (used in mission\mis_sad.sqs)

sad_x

That is a possible location in which one of the enemy patrol you can meet in the Search&Destroy mission will spawn (used in spawnterror\spawn_sad.sqs)

sad_ep

It is the extraction location for the player to go in the Search&Destroy mission (used in mission\mis_sad.sqs)

mo_home

that's the location to which every marker used will go once they are not used anymore (used in several of the mission\ scriptname.sqs)

hd_insertion_x

that's where the insertion location for your chopper in the Helo down mission (used in the mission\mis_helo.sqs)

hd_helo_x

Choice between the different possible locations for the helo down mission (used in the mission\mis_helo.sqs)

hd_enemy_x

the location in which the enemy will spawn, they will go to the downed helo location (used in the mission\mis_helo.sqs)

for those 3 , they are linked together according to the number, by example hd_helo_1 , hd_insertion_1, hd_enemy_1 will work together

secretconvoy

secretrotor

Are the locations in which these hidden missions will take place

In the insertionfly\inserfly.sqs you can notice a very small possiblities (i think it is 2,5% ) the insertion chopper in which you are will recieve another mission than the one you have been given.

It can be rescue a convoy that is being under attack, or you can have a rotor failure due to some AA missile hiting the chopper.

The rotor failure mission can occur too if you select an insertion in the "danger zone" close around the objective

dzsp_x

these are the possible locations used to move the spawn_control game logic (used in mission\mis_defend.sqs).

This spawn_control will be used as a basis location for spawning the enemy during the Defend mission (that will occur in spawnterror\spawn_defend.sqs)

game logics?

I use all those game logic to get the different possible locations that can be used in the mission.

Technically it could be replaced by real island coordinate , but that would be tedious to make, and the good thing with game logic is that you can move them easily to change locations, while coordinates require you to search again for them.

Sorry to dig up this thread but :

is there any working link for download the template ?

Thanks

Regards