Sign in to follow this  
Habeed

Does FADE come on when you use a cheat code?

If I use the "savegame" cheat so that I finally get past the mission I am stuck on (I saved in a bad spot, and when I try to get back there I keep dying...) will it activate FADE copy protection, forcing me to reinstall even though my copy is legitimate? Has anyone experienced this? I read at a site covering codes that when you use a cheat code FADE comes on for some reason.

When using any of built-in cheats like SAVEGAME, you will not activate Fade. You may easily activate FADE when using trainer or any other external cheat application that needs to be run concurrently with the game.

Ooooh. Suma saw the word FADE and he JUMPED!!!

"Hey, hey! Who's talkin' about fade? C'mon! Who said it? Was it you? What about you? Did you say fade? Come ere! BLAMMO!!! Go on now! Get out of here before I really let you have it!!!"

Would FADE caude my opflash to reset my PC or make the colours go weird for all the textures?

what does it do...confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Would FADE caude my opflash to reset my PC or make the colours go weird for all the textures?

what does it do... confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That sounds more like videocard driver issues (download the latest drivers to prevent stuff like this).

FADE will result in alot of gameplay related mess-ups (accuracy, AI, entering vehicles, etc). You'll know it when you have it smile.gif

I would like to know how many of those, who say that OFP is crappy because it's too buggy to play, have an illegal copy on their computer. smile.gif

I have encountered only few bugs and they haven't even caused any serious frustration for me. And I have the combination of an old Athlon, VIA chipset MoBo, SBLive, Logitech mouse with Logitech drivers and GeForce2 GTS. That's about the most likely combination of hardware to cause problems in OFP. smile.gif

The easiest way to activate FADE is probably to edit the executable with a hex editor. Of course this will probably cause OFP to not work at all.

Ok, I just saw on a site that had cheat codes "using a cheat code will activate fade, soon enough you will have to reinstall".

Cheatcodes?

Lol, I thought OFP didnt have any cheats, silly me...

I WANT CHEATCODES! :-P

I just made it to the last map in the american campaign and getting that second SCUD the way I played it was really hard cuz I couldnt find it anywhere on the northern part of the island (running).

I usually start cheating when I have finnished a game cuz otherwise it wount be as much fun playing but this last one could use some cheating :-P.

Anyway, can someone plz tell me where I can get these cheatcodes? (to lazy to go look, looking through all these post on the forum every day is enough hard work :-P).

Yes, there are cheat codes, but no, they will not activate FADE, regardless of what that site says.

Think about this for a minute: why would the developers include cheat codes if they made it impossible for you to play the game?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sith @ Jan. 18 2002,14:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">FADE will result in alot of gameplay related mess-ups (accuracy, AI, entering vehicles, etc). You'll know it when you have it smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds just like my laggy multiplayer biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, there are cheat codes, but no, they will not activate FADE, regardless of what that site says.

Think about this for a minute: why would the developers include cheat codes if they made it impossible for you to play the game?<span id='postcolor'>

Cheat codes will cause fade, because they aren't codes. They're programmes that you run externally to ofp that alter game play, or in some cases the game code, both of which will cause fade.

A savegame is not a code, or a programme, and it doesn't alter ofp in any way. It will not cause fade.

As for the last mission. Dude, find the hind, destroy the shilkas and have fun. This should make it easier for you.

Also, the scud isn't always in the same place.

And wouldn't you consider asking for cheat codes in a thread that tells you cheat codes will activate fade and make your game unplayable as being plain stupid?

Cheat codes are not external programs -- they are undocumented key sequences that were left in the game by the developers.

What you describe is known as a "trainer". This is a separate program that intercepts and/or modifies network packets that are sent and received by the game, or which directly modifies memory locations that hold things such as the bullet count or health points.

I use the -SAVEGAME all the time! It is great if you don't like repeating long drives in vehicles and want to get straight back to the action if things went wrong. It's nice to hear Suma confirm the cheat code and its behaviour. I have never seen the FADE message at any time. I think that if you do see it and you have got a legit copy you need to submit a bug report ASAP so they can fix any compatiblity problems with the copy protection method.