Sign in to follow this  
honchoblack

DMA LIBYA

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to OFP.Only got it last week but I have been downloading mods like crazy.I must say this has been the best one so far.Just been playing the 'Bleed for Oil' mission(s) and was most impressed.Great stuff!!

One bug/flaw I noticed however was in a dock area.My mission was to capture a person with information.There was a technical parked in the are and it had half sunk into the ground.If it helps the are was not far north of the UK base in Bleed for Oil.

thank you all for the nice comments and bugreports, all feedback will

be addressed in the next update of the island/Bleed for Oil mission smile_o.gif

first of all the spelling errors in the speech whistle.gif

I guess I never menioned it, but the Bleed mission has a little flaw, its not compatible with ECP.  Use the DMA Army/Naval modpacks instead.

This is due to the dialogs used in the mission, I will see that I can implement ECP compatibility for the next update.

Feedback/bugreports are always welcomed, best way to improve the work wink_o.gif

hmmm in what way are they not compatible? I am using ECP with Libya Bleed mission - all seems ok except the odd message across the top with script code! When you say dialogue I guess you are refering to the text right? Not meant to be getting speech are we?

I mean the grey dialog box that pops up once you try the SAS mission, letting you choose the fight direction. This can even lead to a CTD, I had it occur severall times with ECP. But I will make the mission ECP compatible for the next update, as well as implement the additions that didnt make it to the release wink_o.gif

I didn't have any dialog crashes with ECP, but it did cause problems, like text writing over text, etc.

I'd just like to add to "imissnewwave"s comment earlier - while playing this on the work laptop last night (standby duty is usually quiet here) I had a task on the Bleed mission. Sure enough, the target (next to a building NE of the base) was standing by a half-submerged Toyota.

Have to agree with all the comments being made here about the quality. Our laptop is a 1GHz P3 - hardly the cutting edge these days. However, it copes beautifully with this island - even manages the Army pack without too much stuttering. Congratulations and thanks to all concerned - this'll keep me off Counterstrike Source for a while longer!

You have some Libyan troops hidden on your HD wow_o.gif

Now that are interesting news, hope you will work on them, the island needs you, the island needs a good defense  biggrin_o.gif

I don't have them on my HD anymore unfortunately. When we thought about covering the Chad-Libya conflict at bushfires, I modified our Cuban soldiers, but the project didn't had priority so it was dropped.

threadjacked.gif

However I did a quick modification of Offtime's Jon Doe kit. And this is what came out of it:

libyans9wc.th.jpg

Note that the face textures still need to be changed to African/Arab faces.

More versions are planned and I will soon start a topic in AM:D for these guys, so I don't hijack your topic whistle.gif

At any rate this great island needs some Libyan soldiers thumbs-up.gif

stunningly perfect, sorry to hear you lost your old troops, but these new ones are great thumbs-up.gif

The plain green uniforms are just right for the standard libyan guard, I am looking forward to these units smile_o.gif

and I dont consider this thread highjacking, since this is interesting for the users of the Libya map wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]At any rate this great island needs some Libyan soldiers thumbs-up.gif

Hurray, almost tempted to post the silly banana, but I rather dont, so I dont scare you away biggrin_o.gif

Outstanding map notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

one of my favorites wink_o.gif

But I have some sugestions :

1. Can you add some governance buildings like king's palace ?

2. Can you make bigger military bases with tank garages and helipads ?

3. Can you add military airport ?

Thank you smile_o.gif

1. I was thinking about such a thing also while building the map, but I lacked a "special" building. But could make such a place using those "goverment buildings" I used for city building from the AGS-CAT objects. So yes for the next update wink_o.gif

2. Check the army base 2 (editor introductions), its a large army base with garages for tanks, I just didnt place helipads, to leave them for mission designers to place. To leave the available space open for other things if no helicopters are used in the mission.

3. I had the feeling that the map was too small for another army base featuring a whole airport, but I have thoughts of porting the island to a bigger format (512x512). In which I would make a desert border zone to a neighbouring country and additional army bases (including desert air strips for the military) smile_o.gif

honcho - what is meant to happen when I fail a mission? I was trying to rescue some hostages but they were killed by an explosion - so it said I failed the mission. I then made sure to kill all the nasties down there and then return to base. After getting a telling off by the CO he said get out of my sight. Then it said a new mission was waiting but it kept saying that the mission was failed every time I went to get a new mission. I tried getting new vehicles and going to the SAS chap but it wouldn't let me continue.

Quote[/b] ]......Then it said a new mission was waiting but it kept saying that the mission was failed every time I went to get a new mission. I tried getting new vehicles and going to the SAS chap but it wouldn't let me continue.

I checked the scripts, let me congratulate you for finding the first true bug biggrin_o.gif

Its true, once you fail a mission, you wont be assigned any more, meaning that failing one mission lets you fail the game wow_o.gif

That british military is quite harsh with what they expect from their soldiers, a 100% mission success rate.

I will fix this as soon as possible and also add the ECP compatibility, thank you for reporting wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]......Then it said a new mission was waiting but it kept saying that the mission was failed every time I went to get a new mission. I tried getting new vehicles and going to the SAS chap but it wouldn't let me continue.

I checked the scripts, let me congratulate you for finding the first true bug biggrin_o.gif

Its true, once you fail a mission, you wont be assigned any more, meaning that failing one mission lets you fail the game wow_o.gif

That british military is quite harsh with what they expect from their soldiers, a 100% mission success rate.

I will fix this as soon as possible and also add the ECP compatibility, thank you for reporting wink_o.gif

oooh! How exciting!!  tounge2.gif

Also - after having a battle where some of my men get injured - going for reinforcements does not remove the red icons in the squad bit at the bottom.

Another thing I noticed is that that even though I had all of my squad I wasn't able to contact HQ. Not sure why it was - have restarted now and I can now contact them.

Thanks

P.S. I am using ECP - didn't know it was incompatible - I sometimes get weird lines from script across the top.

You should not be able to Contact HQ in the base.

So if you noticed the missing ContactHQ at the base, it was normal (unless Honchblack changed the script there).

Quote[/b] ]P.S. I am using ECP - didn't know it was incompatible - I sometimes get weird lines from script across the top

That's what we mean by not compatible, as we have no idea what those ECP errors popping up can do to our scripts , it is better to make an ECP compatible mission to get rid of potential future nasties

No this was while out on a mission. I wanted to call an airstrike while flying the chopper but the radio wasn't there- then landed especially to do it and still couldn't contact HQ.

No this was while out on a mission. I wanted to call an airstrike while flying the chopper but the radio wasn't there- then landed especially to do it and still couldn't contact HQ.

That's a more serious problem then.

I remember having faced this problem during the template development.

I guess the fix didn't made it into the Bleed for Oil.

EDIT : was it a free mission or a normal mission, and in the last case which kind of mission was it ?

Quote[/b] ]Another thing I noticed is that that even though I had all of my squad I wasn't able to contact HQ. Not sure why it was - have restarted now and I can now contact them.

Thank you for providing such informing feedback smile_o.gif

I was thinking about the case, and its true, you lack the option to contact HQ, because sometimes the inition of the contact option is given at the end of the insertion flight. I didnt realize that the player might prefer to insert by himself. I know where the problem lies, and fix it for the next update. wink_o.gif

I got all the other bugs fixed, which are mentioned in the thread, once I get this one fixed and no other appear, I will upload the fixed version soon wink_o.gif

Noticing he said he was piloting the chopper himself, i understand where is the problem too smile_o.gif

A chance i didn't allowed player to pilot things himself in the template, so this problem is going only on you Honchoblack wink_o.gif

EDIt : before uploading the fixed version, wait a bit so i can confirm if their is another bug , according to some report in the template thread, or if the responsible is the addons people have (more likely and hopefully as i don't encounter the bug they are reporting)

Quote[/b] ]was it a free mission or a normal mission, and in the last case which kind of mission was it ?

Normal Mission - think it was destroy a terrorist base.

Quote[/b] ]I got all the other bugs fixed, which are mentioned in the thread, once I get this one fixed and no other appear, I will upload the fixed version soon

Well done guys. Yeah I sometimes like to insert the squad myself as its fun to circle and get the gunner to take a load of people down- that way you can also do the fast insertion. Shame there aren't any attack choppers though - that would be good.

Oh also - does the Merlin come with missiles or something because I sometimes hear a beeping sound and a rocket going from the chopper to the enemy - or is it chaffs and flares?! As the gunner you only get the machine gun.

Quote[/b] ]Shame there aren't any attack choppers though - that would be good.

I left the Falkland Lynx out on pourpose, because the theme of the Bleed mission is more the infantry fights. I believe that the Merlin does a good job in a support role though, as you describe it smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Oh also - does the Merlin come with missiles or something because I sometimes hear a beeping sound and a rocket going from the chopper to the enemy - or is it chaffs and flares?! As the gunner you only get the machine gun.

Yes those are chaffs, the beeping starts when the enemy locks on to the helicopter wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Yes those are chaffs, the beeping starts when the enemy locks on to the helicopter

hehe silly me! I landed right in a bunch of militamen and they just ran straight past - the AI gunmen don't seem to know what to do against a helicopter unless they have rockets smile_o.gif

Anyway we can get gunmen to fire at helicopters?

There is a bug in Bleed for Oil:

I was playing with the DMA Army, ECP config and ECP.

Error showed up right after start, and repeated when I accepted the first mission:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">'While {(_i < (count _a)) && !_b} |#|Do { if ((a_select _i) countType [_v] == 1) then {_b = true}; _i = _i + 1}; if (_b) then { _i = 0..........

Mission is not compatible to ECP, will be fixed for the next update, that will be available soon wink_o.gif

Use the non ECP DMA ARMY/NAVAL versions to play the missions for now (mission in combination with ECP can cause CTDs at the moment, specially the SAS mission type)

honcho & sanctuary - not sure if you saw this in my earlier post or not:

Quote[/b] ] after having a battle where some of my men get injured - going for reinforcements does not remove the red icons in the squad bit at the bottom.