Sign in to follow this  
Benze

Hind AT6 Shoots Over Target?

When useing the Hind, I often find that even with the dot right in the recticle, the AT6 very often shoots over the top of tanks, leaving a shaped force crater in the ground, uselessly.

Another thing I've noticed, even with direct hits, it takes about 4 AT6s to completely destroy and Abrams? Is this right?

uhh. Why don't you try locking on with the right mouse button dude.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (amos m @ Jan. 18 2002,14:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">uhh. Why don't you try locking on with the right mouse button dude.<span id='postcolor'>

I was thinking the same thing, but I tried it in the mission editor, and the missiles always struck high (past the target) even though they were locked onto the target I used.

DEFINATELY!! I have been meaning to post this query myself.

I noticed the same thing regarding the shooting over the top of tanks. I have been in he perfect firing position with my target locked and still and missile shoots over target.

I definately did not have this problem before!!

yep indeed i notice too in a redhammer mission having to take out a convoy.

I think there was a discussion about that in the old forums, I think starting with v1.20 some time ago. As far as I remember the final assumption was something like 'AT6 is supposed for long range >600m (or so) only.' However, it's about three month ago, so my memories might deceive me.

wkr

WhoCares

It happens with nearly every missile. If you were looking at it from the missles viewpoint, then you would actually be aiming off. youve just got to make that little correction.

You have to maintain line of sight with the target or that's at least what it says in the manual.

you dont HAVE too, but it makes it a whole lot easier, ive shot shilkas from behindhills/mountains before with hellfires, do you have have to retain LOS all the time.

With Hellfires you don't have to, but with AT-6 missiles you have to (this is all based on information from the manual).

ATGM´s (Anti Tank Guided Missiles) all have a min. Standoff distance, but also mid and max ranges with according hit probability.

In real Life the 9M114 "Shturm" aka AT-6 for example has a minimum firing range of 400m (distance to target), below that the missiles hit probability goes lineary to zero.

Generally towards both ends of the range scale (min and max) you will have the lowest probability of a hit, whereas it´s close to 100% at midranges, where the weapon is most accurate.

Try 300m or more distance from your target, the missile should hit exact then.