Sign in to follow this  
EricJ

Sole

And here's me ejecting from the Osprey from the cargo portion:

osprey13.jpg

osprey14.jpg

osprey15.jpg

osprey16.jpg

And I know those pictures are going to start some stupid debate, so I'll end it here. I'm creating this for both VBS1 and OFP, so there.

However, if and when I do get the pods to rotate, I was planning on having something like DKM's Comanche, the weapon selections unavailable in forward flight (least as the Hellfires are concerned) so to prevent the constant repetition of the issue which nobody has actually stopped and thought "Maybe he's smart enough to figure this issue out and will get to that bridge when he's ready to cross it?". Groundpounder I may be, but my first love has always been aircraft, and I'm pretty intelligent in that regard, not some noob, so lay off.

Erm, noones "layed on" about this, just suggested stuff...

And I'd like to suggest something else : If you do try the speedometer thing, and it works, which means when the speed is x-KMH, the propelers will be at 90*

And, when the speed is over y-KPH, the blades will be at y*, and be in the way of the hellfires..

Soo, basicly, you check the helis forward speed, and if it's over whatever, you disable the hellfires

Anyway, good luck with it xmas_o.gif

- Ben

It's not really directed at you bro, you've been helping out, it's just it was a long hot day. Plus it's the fact that it's my show, and I'll roll with it as I see fit. I'm just tired of all the incessant "for the sake of realism" crap. As I said earlier, I know it will work and have a good base of knowledge to effect what I want, i.e. pull it off in a reasonable fashion. And I figure I have a good grasp of reality to know how to implement what I want. If I said it depended on super-secret anti-gravity technology, then I would get those comments and they'd be deserved. And sometime I'll ask for some help if you wouldn't mind, as I'm reading it, but not picking it up. Maybe right now it's not the priority to get them to move. Eventually I'll get to that point, but I have to get the gear bays working properly. The anims are correct, just that the geometries need some serious work.

osprey10.jpg

How can you not hit the rotor while firing, if you see this picture the rotors come all the way to the fuselage and leave little space... I dont think the hellfire will react as fast as a bullet would travelling in between the blades with some kind of mechanisme as used in WW I...?

I like the tail though, instant 20 year boost looks very futeristic... Are you making one without the rockets and that large gun, but instead maybee a gun on the backramp shooting backwards?  wow_o.gif

edit

this was a helo class aircraft wasnt it??  huh.gif

osprey20.jpg

I have thought about it, but one thing at a time.....

But it is a helo, and if I were to implement one, I'd have to define it as a turret right? Unfortunately the game engine allows only for one turret, unless I put a .50 as a coax..

Some combat photography a la OFP:R..

This pic shows a real good view of the axis of fire of the cannon:

osprey17.jpg

osprey18.jpg

Decided to hop out, and as you can see, I can still be covered by the gunner should something pop out..

osprey19.jpg

I finally adjusted the threat ratings, which I would understand would make tanks shoot at helos right?  Because these four T-80s didn't think to shoot at me, but is that thier threat value themselves?

My suggestion is to find how some of the older planes had drop and fire missiles. Engine ignition delayed several seconds wich would allow ample clearance of the blades even if the props where fully tilted in aircraft mode. Footmunch showed how to make the engines tilt I still have the demo chopper he tweaked to show it. Master Cheif got the rotating engine nacales to work on a V-22 and the Pelican drop ship.

Well then.. hook me up on MSN when you catch me....

Also, currently the missiles aren't able to drop and then launch so right now rotating the nacelles isn't the main focus.

It's Sole's, as RockOfSL posted in your topic, he has stopped working on it and given carte blanche for somebody else to mess with it. As far as working together, doesn't bother me, as here's pretty much where it needs help with:

- Door bays animate properly, geometries still need work.

- Texturing in most areas. I've been just busy with adding stuff and getting everything set first, then I was planning to work on the textures.

Right now that's pretty much my focus, get everything straight then start working on stuff like cool little scripting stuff, getting the nacelles to move, etc. Check your Inbox as I'll PM a link to the current model.

Because you can carry alot more smile_o.gif

osprey22.jpg

osprey21.jpg

This should be the final loadout, twelve Hellfires, M197 cannon (have to add an AP round), and eight Stingers.

I'm not too big into rockets that much, so we'll see, though Vit may add some, don't know.

And no, not final textures wink_o.gif

I'm not too big into rockets that much, so we'll see, though Vit may add some, don't know.  

And no, not final textures wink_o.gif

EricJ i try right to work on move rotors

its hard work but.. i try...

what you want i add?

Well, not much, like the helicopter dust like on your AH-1 pack... and for some reason the gatling never seems to work, so if you can point out where I'm wrong on that I would appreciate it. I've started to work on a grey texture for it, so far getting the rear ramp done. I've got some real life things to take care of, so I'm kinda stalled right now. I'll get around to fixing the jacked up doors. Or do you want to get the stuff implemented, then worrying about texturing?

Read the previous posts.

Finally decided to make the main gear doors two piece rather than one piece, as it's less of a headache (I say that now of course):

osprey23.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Finally decided to make the main gear doors two piece rather than one piece, as it's less of a headache (I say that now of course):

great job EricJ

EricJ i test some thinks on the prevrsion of V-22

test it too...

i try to crate moves rotors

screenshot

Hello,

Please do not use my add-on tag (SSV) for your add-ons.

Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you.

I am really dont need your great tag... (SSV) WOW.. what a Tag...

rofl.gif

i just waht ErikJ test it..

and we fix the fixed rortor problem

Guest RKSL-Rock
Hello,

Thank you.

I am really dont neet your great tag... (SSV) WOW.. what a Tag...

rofl.gif

i just waht ErikJ test it..

and we fix the fixed rortor problem

Vit,

I think you are missing the point and there is no need to be sarcastic with Sole.

You have jsut published a file to the world using Sole's tag - you modified it you should use your own.

If you only wanted Eric to test it a PM would have been better.

RockofSL why in your site

nothing work??

i just want to see some project of you.. and nothing dont work..

sad.. huh.gif

huh.gif nope, this is sad. Stop spamming please.

@EricJ

The plane does have a set of vertical stabilizers no? Oh and just for deatil on textures: lookfor pics, see how panels are arranged and how rivets look like in real life, u can easily simulate that effect in Photoshop.

Vit-Vit lab, as a addon maker you should know the tag is used for two purposes..

a) lets say you release a SSV_V22 "class" addon, and sole released one, and i do my on mod. Then this three addons cant be used at the same time.. Addons tag is a must!.

b) to know who made it, after many years someone find a "SFP_addon" they can goto www.ofpec and look up who to ask (me) if they can use it.. Lets say someone download your file, then it gets spread around and someone says.. "what the fuck is this crap.." and they blame sole instead of you.. or give credits..

and agree with others, you are a very sad life form sometimes, lacking respect, understadning and other basic human abilitys.