Sign in to follow this  
h -

FWW2 Mod discussion

It has been a while since our last news....

And hence a new topic

(the other topic around here contains wrong information and was started by a mod member no longer in our roster)..

We are still alive and kicking, and have made leaps of progress.

In case anyone even remembers us icon_rolleyes.gif

Our website is also updated but still under construction at some parts. The website can be found here.

Here're a few screenshots by Slippe showing Finnish soldiers (by Von Rundstedt) and Vickers-Armstrong 6-ton tank (by Hara Kiri) on a custom island (by Instructor).

You can see some older russian infantry models lurking in the background, but don't worry, those models are already abandoned and new ones are almost ready smile_o.gif

More screens will follow...

(click to enlarge)

1_t.jpg

3_t.jpg

2_t.jpg

5_t.jpg

4_t.jpg

We are also still recruiting, there's never enough staff smile_o.gif...

So we are in need of modellers, texturers, animators and scripters (especially ones very familiar with quite complex MP scripting).

If you find your skills listed above feel free to contact our staff either by PMing at our forums, via e-mail or on IRC (#FWW2 @quakenet, ask any FWW2 staff member).

Nice to see some pics, especially after FDF WWII was cancelled. But hey, Liberation has great russian weapons (and for example DP-27 could be used for finnish troops too), so maybe you shouldn't reinvent the wheel but ask 'em for permission to use theirs. And baynets... Ol' good bayonets!

Hakkaa päälle pohjan poika!

mmmm, and have u try to contact to fdf, maybe with your help they can finish their expansion of ww2....just and idea smile_o.gif btw, nice screenshots smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Liberation has great russian weapons (and for example DP-27 could be used for finnish troops too), so maybe you shouldn't reinvent the wheel but ask 'em for permission to use theirs.

Some seem to have some odd conditions for permissions, can't remember whether LIB had any though so won't be blaming them for that tounge2.gif...

But, we have our own already made, so..

Quote[/b] ]And baynets... Ol' good bayonets!

Will be there...

Probably... whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]have u try to contact to fdf, maybe with your help they can finish their expansion of ww2

Now why would we do that... wink_o.gif

How about an Antti Rokka unit with damn high armor, auto-phrases and a low-dispersion Suomi SMG?

No, I ain't drunk. Really!

Or not... icon_rolleyes.gif

There will not be moonshine pans etc either nener.gif

Quote[/b] ]We are still alive and kicking, and have made leaps of progress.

In case anyone even remembers us

Try updating your site a little more often or posting some news a little more often.

I know I was looking forward to this mod (even before FDF stopped) but then it appeared that this was just another dead mod.

Happy to see you team still alive. Those pics seem nice and my winter russians now have awesome enemy. tounge2.gif

Keep up your works, guys! FDF Mod is really fantastic. I like your maps very much. Actually, I play almost all russian actions on your eastern boarder, malevic and FDF maps. Because your eastern maps are with very real russian characters.

Happy to see you team still alive. Those pics seem nice and my winter russians now have awesome enemy. tounge2.gif

Keep up your works, guys! FDF Mod is really fantastic. I like your maps very much. Actually, I play almost all russian actions on your eastern boarder, malevic and FDF maps. Because your eastern maps are with very real russian characters.

Wrong mod team, OFPCAT. tounge2.gif

wong mod OFPCAT wink_o.gif

Hater_Kint you can see my team message on the internal forum smile_o.gif

but other than that, it all looks superb smile_o.gif especially since i last checked on the mod crazy_o.gif

Wildo smile_o.gif

rofl.gif

There could be worse things than to be mistaken as FDF Mod smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Hater_Kint you can see my team message on the internal forum

Nice to have you around again smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]it all looks superb smile_o.gif especially since i last checked on the mod

Quite...

It's a shame that due to a texture bug we didn't get the chance to show our russian soldiers at all yet...

I agree (in a way) with OFPCAT.. When I first saw this thread, I thought it was the FDF team.. The colouring on the screenies (The logo/writing, dark and blue), and the title, and what the mod was about...

Very similar...

Anyway, good luck with your mod.. It'd be great if you could complete the FDF ww2 expansion (Using the stuff you've made so far), but I guess that wont happen sad_o.gif

- Ben

Of course we remember you, and personally I respect your team and your fantastic job! Can't wait for the release! (but I'm sure everybody will say that, I may sound...uhm...repetitive. ) smile_o.gif

Okay i say this one more time: We are not finishing FDF WW2 expansion. We have worked since August 2004, before FDF officialy told that they're working on WW2 expansion (okay we guessed this little before they officially announced it) but still... And we are not co-operating with FDF mod cause FDF don't want help us, they won't share any stuff with us.

So you can forget that "ask FDF can you finish their work" -questions. That's not gonna happen cause they don't want to co-operate. And that's it. confused_o.gif

And back to topic, we will SOON release pictures of our winter russians and maybe more of winter island. We have quite many members who have bad situations in IRL (fe. Leader Von Rundstedt is in army) or members are otherwise inactive. So we need all kind of members, we need ACTIVE members. You can contact to HateR Kint (who's leader while Von Rundstedt is in army) or me (cause i'm missions team leader).

Quote[/b] ]I agree (in a way) with OFPCAT.. When I first saw this thread, I thought it was the FDF team.. The colouring on the screenies (The logo/writing, dark and blue), and the title, and what the mod was about...

Very similar...

True..

Blue just happens to be a color that is associated with Finland...

At least by us Finns tounge2.gif

I think we tried several different colors but somehow blue just seemed natural...

In other parts, like the GUI etc there's nothing FDF moddy anywhere though... smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Of course we remember you, and personally I respect your team and your fantastic job! Can't wait for the release!

Thanks...

And this will get released eventually... On whatever 'platform' that will be out at that moment wink_o.gif

I am very glad to see this mod still active. I was beginning to worry after not hearing for a while, though I am relieved to see these beautiful screenshots.

Any chance you might be able to use some of FDF's work from their halted WWII mod?

Regardless, still very glad to see you guys smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Any chance you might be able to use some of FDF's work from their halted WWII mod?

Quote[/b] ]And we are not co-operating with FDF mod cause FDF don't want help us, they won't share any stuff with us.

Ah I am a dope for missing that confused_o.gif Thanks for letting me know although that is a real shame.

And we are not co-operating with FDF mod cause FDF don't want help us, they won't share any stuff with us.

Which is not at all surprising, they obviously want to finish their mod themselves. In their situation, I wouldn't share either, especially not with an unproven mod team such as us.

reinffit.jpg

We are looking for people to help us to finish the FWW2 mod.

Due to various reasons (which I'm sure won't interest you much) our lines have fallen extremely thin, the worst gaps to fill are:

- Modellers/texture artists (these are what we need the most)

- Sound manager

- Mission makers

- Voice actors (Finnish/Russian speaking)

So, if you feel like you can contribute, please contact us.

We are not necessarily looking for a 'permanent' members, freelancing is more than accepted.

The only thing we require is a measure of dedication for the mod and adequate english skills, not to mention honesty so we won't need to chase you down the

byte lane for stolen goods...

Modellers and texture artist don't need to be the absolute mastahs of their trade but not complete beginners either..

If you find yourself interested in helping us (which we hope you will) please contact us.

We need you.

Contacts:

Our website

Our Forums

Register at our forums and PM or e-mail one of us mentioned below..

HateR_Kint

Co-Leader (currently in charge)

Kallex/Slippe

Mission Team Leader

e-mail/MSN: kallex1@gmail.com

Some screens:

infantry_01_s.jpg

infantry_02_s.jpg

flank_01_s.jpg

More screens can be seen in the interview conducted last year (contains a bit old info; FDF did release their WW2 pack after all smile_o.gif )

is it a TC by itself or would I be able to add this into the FDF mod as extra troops/vehicles?

That would be more useful.

This will be a TC..

Common sense tells me that a game doesnt need 2 ww2 Finnish TC's.

A ww2 Finnish mod that can be added to an already exisiting ww2 Finnish TC...now thats a good idea.