Sign in to follow this  
OFPCAT

Screenshoots of Soviet era soldiers

Hi, guys, I've rextured the models of RHS and ORC addons and made the VDV and Afghan soviet men. Just for fun!

* camo texture of VDV from NHX of RHS team.

A1.jpg

mr1.jpg

mr4.jpg

mr5.jpg

mr6.jpg

mr3.jpg

Just for fun, I just alter some textures and add some badges. But the models are from original RHS and ORCS'.

release them man, they are great

If he can get permission than ok but without permission it is not a smart move to release the textured pack whistle.gif

They look excellent, would be fun to have a better version than Psykkes (also very nice) infantry.

Hope you want to release them and get permission to do so.

Could you replace that chest harness with a Chicom chest-rig? VDV used the Chinese made chest-rig alot, along with the RD-54, Russian's also received issued chest rigs later on.

Chicom

http://www.ukasc.net/reviews/akrig/image018a.jpg

Russian issue chest-rig

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/FW200/ChestRig1.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/FW200/ChestRig2.jpg

Great looking troops nontheless, keep up the good work! biggrin_o.gif

(I recommend a book by David Isby, "Russia's war in Afghanistan", great color plates by Ron Volstad! )

smile_o.gif

I really do hope you get permission, it may not be that easy though. You did do a very impressive job though, I know I would love to see these guys in OFP smile_o.gif

I think chances are better with RHS, last time someone did a nice job retexturing an ORCS addon, they would not give permission from what I remember.

Dont count on ORCS they will not agree and especialyl not if their work is used mixed with RHS work i think.

Anyway, nice soldiers but i guess the mouthwatering pics will leave soem bad aftertaste if you dont get all permissions for release.

Now i just wait for the usual people screaming "who cares about permissions i just want the addon!" confused_o.gif

Now i just wait for the usual people screaming "who cares about permissions i just want the addon!"  confused_o.gif

Just release it tounge2.gif

Oh shut up  nener.gif

If he doesn`t release it ..I`ll do the stuff myself for private use nener.gif

Dont count on ORCS they will not agree and especialyl not if their work is used mixed with RHS work i think.

Anyway, nice soldiers but i guess the mouthwatering pics will leave soem bad aftertaste if you dont get all permissions for release.

Now i just wait for the usual people screaming "who cares about permissions i just want the addon!" confused_o.gif

Well since shadow asked for it RELEASE THEM WITHOUT EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION, released them with IMPLIED permission. nener.gif

HAHA Just Kidding.

Great stuff, would be awesome if you got the permission and released them. Would love to add these to my plethora of Russian/Soviet addons.

OFF TOPIC:

Jefe, would you say I have a plethora of pinatas.

I played a bit more with Photoshop last days myself...

soviet2.jpg

However i have no clue if these will ever see a release.

The models need to be edited a bit too only textures arent enough for decent soviet units i think.

ORCS will never give permission IMO, having RHS work mixed in there just guarantees it.

Really good job on the retexture though.

I think all the rextexes in this thread look good.

thumbs-up.gif

EDIT: I'd be totally open to someone pm'ing me a link for any of 'these 85 retexes for personal use....I wont tell.  whistle.gif