Sign in to follow this  
DBR_ONIX

FlashStat

In Short :

A online (multiplayer) ranking site. Also serves as a dynamic sig site

The idea :

To use a server running FWATCH, and the CoC_NetworkServices scripts, and a site/database.

When a unit kills another unit/vehicle, the information is passed to the server, and then the server passes this, along with an ID and password to the site.

So it would pass who was killed, who was the killer, whether any of them were AI, or civillians/non-enemys (Unjustified kill, basicly)

Then, from this information, we can :

Have listings for a certain player on how many kills/deaths on a certain server, or on all servers (This will not be used for a global ranking system, as a player on a DM server will get more kills than someone on a coop server).

This could be put in the players signature (The ammount of kills /deaths on their favourite server, for example)

Have listings for a server, which shows total kills/deaths, also current players on server etc (We would use the server query code, which was written by someone who's name I can't remeber at this time : Daddsq?)

How it works :

The way I can see it working, is if a server signs up at the service, gives a UserID (Username), password, server details (name, IP, addons used etc).

Then, when info is passed, the server's ID is stored, thus allowing you to find all kills by Player0123 on serverID Server3210.

The OFP side of things : use Fwatch to transfer the data by accessing a script (WGET) on a the website, like :

?killerName=DBR_ONIX&id=123123

?killedName=Someone&id=123123

etc

(This is to get around the 128 charater limit in the Load command. The ID is so the site knows that the killerName, killedName etc are from the same unit. This is generated randomly on the server, and can be accessed in the script. But that's not important, and has been worked out)

What else :

Theres a few "Now playing" winamp plugins (Not sure about WMP, but I'm sure there will be). We could include a "Last Song Listened to : " line on the signature easily using this (To configure you would point the plugin towards the flashstat site, in the additional arugments box, put something like username=blah&password=blah2).

What's involved for mission designers/server admins : Include the COC_NS folder in each mission which stats are used on (This could be automated by a simple program), the FlashStat script folder, and a line in the init. Finaly/most importantly : The username and password stored in a file in the OFP root.

(The script would then be run, thus allowing it to be passed to the website, without the file being included in the mission)

In short again :

It would allow ranking of any online multiplayer server, and allow the server's website to include statisics from their server, and have a dynamic signature, which could hold information from a favourite server, Now Playing winamp server, and if someone thinks of a good idea that is possible to do, that too.. Think of it like a customised Xfire service, but with far more information

------------------------------------------------

Basicly, would such a service be used? Would servers be intersted in using this?

If it were to go ahead, I would need a hand to finish the OFP scripting, justnow it only works when a player shoots another playing, it doesn't record vehicles being blowen up, and if a player explodes a vehicle full of 20 enemys, there would be 20 requests to the server at one time, which would is bad for lag.. So it needs optimised a lot (Maybe store the kills, and every minute go though them and send them, with a delay between each)

Lastly, here's what my current signature looks like (In the final version, there will be more information on it, and it will be hosted by FlashStat. I'm putting it on Photobucket/removing the URL as the site is currently being worked on)

FlashStatCurrentSig.jpg

Any feedback, suggestions, or anyone wanting to help (OFP Multiplayer coders, or good PHP/MySQL coders are both needed)

Feedback would be espically welcome from people who run MP servers, wether or not they would include the service on their server (As stated, a simple program could go though each PBO, decompress it, put in the nessisary files/line in INIT, and recompress it. And the server would need to be running with FWATCH..)

Thanks smile_o.gif

- Ben

{Edit : Added bold titles, makes it a bit easier to read}

all i can say is finaly!!

Make sure to add

Armour killls, Soft kills, Light kills and total minutes played.

If you can get it to work with the eventhandlers where its not to laggy, Get a total shots fired to a total shots hit and give us a % of how of many bullets hitted out of 100 ect.

:P

The multiplayer forum is the place to discuss things relating to multiplayer. Moving.

Small (somewhat random) update : New addition to the Flashstat site.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000/2002/2004 and Combat Flight Simulator integration! biggrin_o.gif

Basicly, a large map showing where everyone using the service has flowen in the last day (Time subject to change)

It will also have a altitude recorder (Showing altitude for a specific user of the last ~day), showing where there people have crashed. And anything else we think up smile_o.gif

Also possibly an archive, so you can view the flights on a certain day smile_o.gif

Only one thing missing : Users tounge2.gif

It'd be very much appricated if members of this forum, who are currently reading this post (Read : "You"), who also use MS FS forums, could inform other FS users of this project smile_o.gif

Alternativly leaving the URLs of popular MSFS forums would be usefull too, as neither of us (Me/Cherry {aka Khalid}) are part of any such forums..

Anyway, any thoughts/suggetions/help are/is welcome biggrin_o.gif

- Ben

I used to play flight sim back in the day, I had no idea it was Multiplayer?

I used to play flight sim back in the day, I had no idea it was Multiplayer?

MSFS04 has a MP thing, but this works in single player too.

Current progress on the flight-sim area -> Flight path drawing for single user, including highlighting of when the Auto-Pilot is used is done. Only problem is the map being used isn't a continous scale (The lat values away from 0* get smaller, so the map needs altered, or a new map needs to be found..)

The view for all flights on the current day is being worked on today, and there will be an archive made of all flights for a certain day smile_o.gif

Example : Viewing a certain flight (Cropped, it's a full world map)

The OFP side is still looking for OFP-MP scripters, otherwise it's going nowhere tounge2.gif

- Ben

as i said, get in touch with ecl ppl mate wink_o.gif

When a unit kills another unit/vehicle, the information is passed to the server, and then the server passes this, along with an ID and password to the site.

So it would pass who was killed, who was the killer, whether any of them were AI, or civillians/non-enemys (Unjustified kill, basicly)

i'm curious as to how u do this, identifying the killer and the killed person. Could you pls share with us? or at least drop a few hints. =)

Thanks

In short, CoC_NS to pass the kills from client > server. Then the server uses FWATCH to wget a URL like

format[":wget "]http://thesite.com/talk.php?name=%1&score=%2",_name,_score]

Then you can use PHP (or any other server side scripting language) to retrive all the GET values ($_GET['name'] to get the player name)

The hardest part is getting around the 128character limit on the loadfile command (it crashes OFP if the string is longer than 128 chars..)

This is what the ID the server generates, and is accessable in the script is for..

The registration thing isn't so much for cheat prevention, as limitation, you can only really cheat on a server you register or run. You can't give your self 42004204 points on a random server, for example..

Hope that explains it:)

- Ben

Currently we at the ECL use a system for recording kills etc on a number of servers, though from your suggestions i see your system looks like its gonna be abit more advanced, but looks and sounds an interesting idea smile_o.gif

I actually hope we never get continuous stats (a-la CounterStrike etc) at all!!!!

I would be happier with round-by-round stats as at present, though maybe a bit more detailed to keep people happy.

I feel that stat's encourage players to play for themselves - not as a team - as they want to improve their online rating..

It also encourages cheating..... sad_o.gif

#C

"What's involved for mission designers/server admins : Include the COC_NS folder in each mission which stats are used on (This could be automated by a simple program), the FlashStat script folder, and a line in the init. Finaly/most importantly : The username and password stored in a file in the OFP root.

(The script would then be run, thus allowing it to be passed to the website, without the file being included in the mission)"

u want ofp to login into a "site" and upload stats or what? ->ofp cant do that.

(Uhuh, 2 months since last post, but I only just noticed this thread again, sorry tounge2.gif)

Yeh, we know about xfire, but it was very limited, just to ammount of time you play a game, no scores etc.. FlashStat is kind of like a jumped up version of Flashstat for OFP (And MSFlight Sim, and if the project every finishes, possibly other games)

u want ofp to login into a "site" and upload stats or what? ->ofp cant do that.

Yes it can, read my first post over, mainly the "How It Works" section smile_o.gif

The project is on hold ATM, mainly due to the fact both me and Khalid (aka Cherry) are busy with other things, and as ArmA was aparently going to be out this month (which it is, now sometime next year sad_o.gif ) we were going to wait and see what scripting inprovements were in ArmA.. As there were some things in OFP that made coding far harder, like the loadFile command FWATCH uses being limited to 128 characters, if it's more, OFP crashes to desktop..

The work around for that made the code far longer and slower.. Getting a random ID from the site back to the script, then going though each variable, sending x characters at a time with the id, if it was longer than I could fit (The URL + characters + the ID couldn't be more than 128 characters).. Doing that for a hundered kills a minute would be horrible..

But, hopefully ArmA will allow either a way of directly doing what fwatch does (Proding a URL), or FWATCH will be ported to ArmA, and the game wont have the loadFile limit..

Idealy I'd like the project to be out just before ArmA is released, but that is fairly impossible as theres no way (Unless BIS release info before hand..) to know what scripting inprovements have been made, and if getting round these limits is at all usefull..

Anyway, have to go..

- Ben

Quote[/b] ]To use a server running FWATCH, and the CoC_NetworkServices scripts, and a site/database.

I have read your post, dont tell me to read it again, so heres the question: _how_ isit passed from the ofp-server to the http-server?