Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

New Ocean Island... Flood

But is there a panicing civvies script anywhere? So that they'd just run inside an area randomly? And no, I don't mean a gazillion of cycle-waypoints.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_unit = _this select 0

#loop

_unit move [random ((getpos _unit select 0)*2), random ((getpos _unit select 1)*2),0]

~random(100)

?!(alive _unit):exit

goto "loop"

I think..

- Ben

Hmm my one... (maybe later more...)

newo7kh.jpg

But please: Add some hills to your Island, it's horrible!

mfg

Knallkopf

To all the people who complain about this being "distasteful" and "disrespectful":

Is it really any different than playing a WW2 mod for fun? Or do we have to wait 60 years to start making these missions? Or does it bother you because it happened in your life time, and it's up to your children to be apathetic?

I feel for the people who lost their homes and their life. I really do. But I don't see why that should stop us from creating certain things.

Now if it was to the point where the survivors were being mocked and belittled, then I'd having something to say.

Until then, I'm gonna reinstall OFP, and give these maps a go.

Hey the moderator said no more of this so please delete, so the toppic whon't be locked.

STGN

I would like to suggest that those of you who cannot see how this mod might be perceived as disrespectful at least make an effort to appreciate how someone might be offended in light of the issues that have arisen following the hurricane. Just because you don't see the issue from the same angle doesn't mean you can't empathize with those who are clearly hurt and upset by this mod.

Get back on topic guys. This is about an island, not about people's feelings. Whatever they may be.

You won't hear me saying this a lot, but: Pappy this was a brilliant idea.

eek2%5B1%5D.gif

wow. that actualy means alot comin from you. i mean considering everything else. im truly stunned. oh and thank you

----------------------

off/on topic: threadjacked.gif i swear to god if i read one more "your disrespectful" post to ANYONE in this thread.... i swear i am gonna start slapin the hell out of people~! banghead.gif *

theres 2 sides to every story... and that story doesnt frickin need to be told here!!!! so knock it off! all of you! kill each other out of this topic.

*Note that goes to either side of the argument. for, or agasint the island.

*Is still waiting for some missions for this island* tounge2.gif

Pappy, anyone, do any of you have missions made up? Prefrably just using the USCG, and possibly Y2K3 or something..? smile_o.gif

- Ben

Nice island, both of them, but they need to be more in depth as far as scenery goes. Lots of islands have good terrain but no good cities. This island finally has a good city but is severley lacking in the terrain category. Now where the hell are the missions! I want to save people DAMN IT!

Hey all...I'm the creator of this island. Anyways, I was bored so I reinstalled ofp, so perhaps I'll make addons for it again. For those complaining about the terrain, it was just that shape to test the objects, not to mention I suck at wrp edit.

Also, I had a MUCH better version of everything (especially the characters) before my computer had to be formatted, and I never bothered with ofp after then, not to mention it became boring. I pretty much forgot everything with O2 and the other stuff, however I'll start experimenting/re-learning it and redo a lot of stuff, and make new material for the island in the future.

Hey all...I'm the creator of this island.

Eh?

Pappy is the creator of this island. This isn't the first time someones clamed credit for his work either (Some guy claimed to have made Y2K3 on a different forum  crazy_o.gif )

Back on topic, I never got around to downloading this earlier, mainly because I didn't have any mission ideas for it. But I decided to download it and the USCG pack for a change. Its looking great, nice work  biggrin_o.gif

Check the credits bud, I'm USMC Sniper, I just have a different name on this forum now. icon_rolleyes.gif I made pretty much everything on that island, what was added were the AGS objects basically, the army base and the airport.

hey sniper long time no see, see you havn't been on your old msn anymore whistle.gif

anyways, hope to see some missions for this sometime soon smile_o.gif

for people complains about hardly any hills or terrian. FYI new orleans was built -18 feet below sea level. not many hills down there

Hey all...I'm the creator of this island.

Eh?

Pappy is the creator of this island. This isn't the first time someones clamed credit for his work either (Some guy claimed to have made Y2K3 on a different forum  crazy_o.gif )

Back on topic, I never got around to downloading this earlier, mainly because I didn't have any mission ideas for it. But I decided to download it and the USCG pack for a change. Its looking great, nice work  biggrin_o.gif

USMC Sniper started the project, hence why the highway is named after him on the island. then wacky iraqi and myself continued it. then it went to just me. however he is right... he did start the island

Quote[/b] ]Check the credits bud, I'm USMC Sniper, I just have a different name on this forum now.    I made pretty much everything on that island, what was added were the AGS objects basically, the army base and the airport.

actualy when u released it the only thing that island had was "china town" that was it. WI and myself added the airport, NG base, USCG base, port, factory/power plant, wooded area w/ farm houses. basicly WI and myself added everything else. you had china town and about 4 or 5 sky scrapers. oh and the rual area w/ the houses

course you made most of the buildings we used. but the island itself was barron land when WI and i took over the project. to give u an idea.. when i first opened the island in wrptool.. it had a total of 63 objects. now it has over 1000

edit: this island wasnt modeled after new orleans or any other city.. it was fictional. i just wanted to mirror the new orleans incident so that people could reenact rescue efforts. and for the record New Orleans is exactly 6 feet (2m) below sea level. no more no less

Check the credits bud, I'm USMC Sniper, I just have a different name on this forum now.

Ah right. Sorry about that. Got a bit confussed with the name change, and as I said, people have tried to copy Pappys work before. wink_o.gif

Haha, god... if you even knew of an island named "texico" that's allready done - you would see how (no hard feelins papy) shitty ocean island is, i mean god.. i could have made an better island within 10 minutes

And for all you crybabies out there who just can't admit that im right, dont even bother with your replies on this one - i wont be reading them.

As someone stated before, ocean island isnt good for any longlasting missions, once you tried it in the editor you have allready done what can be done with the island, so lame with a "highway" that runs 100m to one single airbase or whatever - what a waste of asphalt...

Tip: papy, do something good, start over - soften the edges on the map and plant trees around the forest so that it doesn't just apear out of nowhere!

if only it wasn't for those forum rules something really bad *could* have happened to you right now. you cant just come and say something is shitty and im better blahblahblah. only the players can tell who's is best so go take your snobby attitude and shove it up your ass.

only the players can tell who's is best

very true and i'd say its Ocean Island hands down, the one island thats not a total lag fest notworthy.gif

haha, i love how the single most used frase after " smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif " Is "Shove it up your arse" - come up with something constructive for christs sakes.

lagfest? i agree that ocean island is good if your sitting on a machine with 64mb ram and a 450mhz pc... but i havent seen one of those since senior high, why the hell does people even play ofp if they cant handle nogovas intro without lag?! Ofp is made for large areas with multiple of objects, if you cant handle that - shove your computer up your arse.

And no mr.administrator - this is not flamebaiting, this is a simple forumconversation. "Bohohuhu, something bad *Could* happen!" - bite me smile_o.gif