Sign in to follow this  
PhantomStalker

The Sniper

.... Yes I've tried tounge2.gif) would be to MAKE THE AI SNIPER WORK tounge2.gif

I tried today with the FFUR (Because I liked the new sniper unit/rifle mainly, and was bored), put the sniper on a hill, full skill, top ranking, gave him a destroy waypoint on an soldier standing on a roof (in afganistan island), what did he do? Run down the hill, and get shot by the guy with an AK...

Yeah, Ive had that problem, but I swear, I think it was FDF, snipers actually do shoot at very far distances. Just put a East sniper there in original ofp, I swear, he will snipe from very far.

It happens to me anyway, and I HATE AI snipers.

I once put an AI sniper on the castle on nogova near trosky, and i was in the church and they sniped me. And i was impressed.  crazy_o.gif

It`s really confusing, Same situation when you place him on a building and give the waypoint...sniper will fall from the roof because he want`s to get as close the target as ordinary rifleman does...

And sometimes yes, he could snipe you at quite nice range... crazy_o.gif

edit:

`snipe at this direction` order would do the job...

Imho units like snipers (granadiers, GL soldiers, mg gunners) should be a bit...individualized (probably suggested milion times before). Those are extra-trick units, and should have extra orders.

Hi to all on here,

Im in the British Army and a close friend of mine (and another who is ex royal marine) was a sniper instructor at Brecon in Wales (teaching Sniper Instructors !!wink_o.gif. He has explained many methods of camoflage, spotting skils etc etc etc, and to revert back to a post made earlier on this thread, I think it would be a good option to be able to place you ghille smock on and off as an option in the command menu.

For example: When in position (Imagine someone lay in the prone position, in cover looking directly down the barrel "head on" if you will) Now roughly their profile is roughly a triangle shape, made from the top of the head to the elbows. Thats why a lot of snipers dont wear full ghille suits just a hooded smock to break up the shape of their outline. If you could do this in game it would be easier to blend in with the terrain when moving from cover to open country if you know what I mean.

Howdy to you all by the way,

Andy

If there are going to be reflections from the scopes in the game (as I hope there will be) then the sniper also needs to have the option of taking on/off the cover for the scope.

Most snipers (in the real world) keep the covers over the ends of the scope 99% of the time for precisely that reason (to stop reflections).

Of course, *somebody* will end up modding the honeycomb scope shroud that eliminates off-axis reflections.  With the 'pieces parts' allowed in Game 2, I wonder if you can create addons for already existing units?   huh.gif

It would be nice to have deployable bipods that would help help stabalize the gun and could be deployed on windows and walls ect.

This could be done quite easily. If youve ever played Raven SHield, youll notice that your operative automatically deploys his bipod when he goes prone. You could have this system in OFP, and then have a setting in config that sigifcantly cuts down recoil when you're prone.

One anoying thing when sniping in ofp is that if youre not laying on flat ground or straight up/down in a slope the player-model is tilted to the left or to the right. That means that the rifle with scope also are tilted -> the hit are to the left or to the right depending on your tilt....

Thats because the bullet-path are correct, the bullet drops straight down, but the scope and view are tilted. Therefor it looks like the bullet are travelling to the right or to the left, you can read on this forum here and there that people are writing about bullets going left or right and sometimes straight....

Try it out if you dont believe me  wink_o.gif. Go prone on a steep slope and aim along the slope (hope you understand... Not up or down the slope..). If you look at the model from 3d person you can see that you are tilted. If you are tilted to the right (your right shoulder down) your shot will travel right.

If you kneel or stand up the playermodel is straight up and the scope are horizontally aligned -> you only have to compensate for the bullet-drop. (Sometimes I prefer sniping from a kneeling position if a prone position would affect too much)

This is one important thing I hope will be corrected!!!!

I heard that the game Sniper Elite hás very detailed simulation: moving is effected by inertia and doesnt stop immediately, sniping by gravity, wind, ur heart rate, ur breathing (if u ve run ur heart will beat fast and ur breathing too -> very hard to aim)

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/sniperelite/news.html?sid=6136137

I think BIS can make more than these?

(if u ve run ur heart will beat fast and ur breathing too -> very hard to aim)

Ever played a game called "Operation Flashpoint"? whistle.gif

have never, maybe? played long time ago.

dont remember exactly OP have them or not bcz my impressive things are about vehicle and chopper.