Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

VME Release !

Exact same problem as with the last release, and it looks like they're never going to acknowledge its existence.

Several gun sounds and other sounds are muffled or non-existent for my SoundMax card.

No fix. No problem. Deleted.

I fixed the AK weapon sounds. Some have a ,15,0}; and I fixed it by changing them to ,15,1};

One errorI do still get though is a CTD using the ©Airborne (both versions) It doesnt happen right off the hop but I'm thinking theres a bad sumthin or other when a unit dies causing it.

Anyone else get that? whistle.gif

sound problem maybe cause by format,I don't know which one is not work because all sounds worked fine in my PC.

I'm sorry about this problem but I can't fix it,most of VME's member have their own job to do,this version only change script and config things.

and that artillery system is worked fine here.

hit the map with left mouse bottom while holding "Alt" and "Shift",you'll see PARA_BEAR:"TARGET LOCATED"

sound problem maybe cause by format,I don't know which one is not work because all sounds worked fine in my PC.

I'm sorry about this problem but I can't fix it,most of VME's member have their own job to do,this version only change script and config things.

and that artillery system is worked fine here.

hit the map with left mouse bottom while holding  "Alt" and "Shift",you'll see PARA_BEAR:"TARGET LOCATED"

as said befor iv done that, the last version of this release the script for the artillery did not work also so its something huh.gif iv done the hole "Alt" Shift thing and nothing it says NO TARGET, Or Cant Find Target mad_o.gif other people are haveing this problem so its an problem something is up.

The artillery works.

Just play around with it more...

rofl.gif iv tryed it out a lot now just about every time i get on OFP i try it. Lol But its not working for me and the others of the VME releases artillery has not worked for me huh.gif Others are haveing the issue to so something is up dont know what but it would be awsome if it was solved smile_o.gif

don't play as gunner of those artillerys

you just need to be an Officer with "Call Artillery Support" ability,then AI's artillery(needn't in your group) will respawn you when you call.

remember

1.first put 1 PLZ89(If you are East) or 1 M109A6(If you are West)or M101A1(If you are Resistance) under VME United Artillery to map and put play as Officer in Mission Eidtor

2.open the Map by press "M",then select "Call Artillery Support"in your action menu,this time HQ will say"No Target" it doesn't matter.

3.hit the map with left mouse bottom while holding "Alt" and "Shift" then you'll see HQ say"Target located"

4.close Map,select "Call Artillery Support" from your action menu again

5.if you have artillery on your side you'll see

xxx:"Artillery distance xxxM"

then

xxx:"Artillery Opening fire"

then you'll hear something beautiful..."Boom!!!",the more far the artillery posistion is the longer time the shell staying in sky.

of cause if a High Hill between your artillery and the target,the shell may hit the hill first,then you need change your artillery posistion.

even you hit the target,be aware of enemy artillery they'll return fire soon,you'd better change your artillery posistion after one shot.

any questions? OK,carry on

smile_o.gif

Well, sorry, guys, I guess 1in1Class and I are the only two for whome the arty doesn't work. (I mean the method in which the arty pieces are not the commander version.) Air support works great. No joy for arty or reinforcement.

Oh well... rofl.gif

don't play as gunner of those artillerys

you just need to be an Officer with "Call Artillery Support" ability,then AI's artillery(needn't in your group) will respawn you when you call.

remember

1.first put 1 PLZ89(If you are East) or 1 M109A6(If you are West)or M101A1(If you are Resistance) under VME United Artillery to map and put play as Officer in Mission Eidtor

2.open the Map by press "M",then select "Call Artillery Support"in your action menu,this time HQ will say"No Target" it doesn't matter.

3.hit the map with left mouse bottom while holding "Alt" and "Shift" then you'll see HQ say"Target located"

4.close Map,select "Call Artillery Support" from your action menu again

5.if you have artillery on your side you'll see

xxx:"Artillery distance xxxM"

then

xxx:"Artillery Opening fire"

then you'll hear something beautiful..."Boom!!!",the more far the artillery posistion is the longer time the shell staying in sky.

of cause if a High Hill between your artillery  and the target,the shell may hit the hill first,then you need change your artillery posistion.

even you hit the target,be aware of enemy artillery they'll return fire soon,you'd better  change your artillery posistion after one shot.

any questions? OK,carry on

smile_o.gif

LOL Sorry but iv got it now wink_o.gif its the left Shift and Alt key i was useing the right one on the keys and thats why it was not working crazy_o.gif But yes it work fine now and yes its an Beautiful Boom at that smile_o.gif And at Canadian Terror Saying "did you turn on the comp" Plzzz dont get this twisted i was haveing truble dont answer with that question wink_o.gif So its the left side of the keys that you use for this to work and it works for me.

Anyone else get an error message about a missing "VIT Machinegun" whenever you place a Resistance or East VME machinegunner? icon_rolleyes.gif

you'd better put VME's addons in one folder and replace EDG_res and USMC addons if you have old ones.

Call Reiforcement is easy

put a VME United Artillery's M17I Mobile HQ in map(if you are PLA)

in VME-USA-MarineCrops-Air and VME-RUS-Naval-Air

you'll find Uh60 and Mi17 Mobile HQ for USMC and Russian Naval

them you must a Officer,you've already lost half of your squad

then select "Call Reiforcement"

then that chopper will drop supply and regroup you

Call Air Support and other are same as Call Artillery Support.

take care,enemy gunship may attack your Artillery if them fired

bomber will call Air Cover when he meat enemy fighter

AI'll Call Air Support when meet Armored and Artillery when meat infantry

DL'ed and installed for the first time .......... nice smile_o.gif

Couple of problems but;

- QBZ81-1 (weapon) has the fire sound of artillary !!!! crazy_o.gif

- EQ2102Ammo (and maybe others) the steering wheel rotates through the windscreen in external view

- Hovercraft has no textures in one LOD

Also ..... where do I find the large ship used in the intro?

Gnat @ Aug. 23 2005,13:48)]Also ..... where do I find the large ship used in the intro?

Under "Objects" wink_o.gif

Had to UNPBO the intro anims myself too, to figure it out confused_o.gif

Under "Objects"  wink_o.gif

Thx Ironsight ....

geez .... not even under VME_Objects ... lol

This "ship" must exceed the ~60 meter geo limit ..... the rear deck is unusable depending exactly where you place the "ship" on a map.

to be honest...I'd rather just have the chinese units without the new ui etc etc...I wanna be able to use them with FFUR which replaces the older BIS units and whatnot...

it is report that some sound card can't hear these artillery sound,even I don't why,it work well in my PC

Tony, I think it's you that submit the VME 1.22 pack to someone here ... confused_o.gif

TIMMORE crazy_o.gif

It appears that as of today, Sep. 10, 2005 the "extra mission" download link is no longer working.

I've done searches for it at several different sites, and have yet to have any luck finding it. Can anyone post up an alternate download link that will deliver the digital goods?

Thank you!

Kyle

smile_o.gif