Sign in to follow this  
IceDude

FPS in OFP

ok can anyone tell me if there is a way of limiting FPS in OFP:r , appart from changing your refresh monitor rate and v-sync on. i mean is there a way that u enter a command in Flashpoint.ctg file like u can do it in most other games.

i would like to limit my FPS to max 100 but monitor cant handle that refresh rate. max is 85.

any suggestions?

I think your confusing the 2. FPS and refresh rates are something completely different. Maybe you mean refresh rates and not FPS.

An effective way to limit your FPS is by downloading Y2K3, install DxDll, pump the terrain detail up to max, and put your viewdistance to 5000, in addition, you might want to leave some programs like Shareaza or Azereus running in the background, aswell as Adaware, and/or various anti-virus programs.

If you do all that and you still get above 100 FPs, send me your computer and i'll see what I can do whistle.gifnotworthy.giftounge2.gif

Are you sure this is the FPS your talking about?

I dont see why limiting the FPS is nessisary, but yeh, last message is a good way of slowing it down tounge2.gif

- Ben

hmmm nah i wanted a command that limits FPS. i know what refresh rate is and what FPS is. I got my screen refres rate 85 atm. if v-sync is enabled i get max 85 FPS. if i disable it i get over 200 in some maps, which is hard to play with sice OFP has a bug in which at high FPS ur aim "goes in gound" ( try it by going on desert islnd in editor ( dont add anything cept soldier ) ul see what im talking about))

Dont ever get FPS > 75, but then, this PC isn't the most powerfull ever tounge2.gif

The FPS Limiter wasn't incoprorated into OFP, and the only way I can see to do this if the code is included in the game. And I doubt that 4 years ago anyone though the game would see FPS of over 200 tounge2.gif

V-Sync seems like your best idea, if OFP normal runs at > 85 normaly, you'll get OFP running smooth, without it going huge.. Unless I'm missing some problem with VSync..

- Ben

Guest The Cobra

Get rid of some RAM?

smile_o.gif

I've never achieved over about 60FPS even with just one unit on desert island. Sounds like a great excuse if ever one was needed to wack up your view distance and texture detail and terain settings.

Not heard of a command to limit FPS though.

Just what rig are you using to achieve these fantastic frame rates IceDude?

Guest The Cobra

It seems like he have too much money he to... biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Have you made settings in Flashpoint Preferences that you can reach from the startmenu?

It seems to me that some of youre settings are very low. You say here that get very high fps and in another topic you ask, how you can get higher grafik quality.

Yep, if anybody else around here is worried about their FPS being too high, I will happily sell my state of the art (in 2000) 866MHz Pentum 3 monster that is sat round here somewhere. smile_o.gif

(It actually played vanilla OFP:Res really quite well! )

Edited to sort those sodding smilies out

hmmm nah i wanted a command that limits FPS. i know what refresh rate is and what FPS is. I got my screen refres rate 85 atm. if v-sync is enabled i get max 85 FPS. if i disable it i get over 200 in some maps, which is hard to play with sice OFP has a bug in which at high FPS ur aim "goes in gound" ( try it by going on desert islnd in editor ( dont add anything cept soldier )  ul see what im talking about))

Kin el mate! 85-200 fps.What puter you got wow_o.gif

Guest The Cobra

Maybe those special Intels, made for servers, not available for public... Forgot their names though, but one of those processor probably cost more then a average persons month salary.

crazy_o.gif

(Or somethin' like that wink_o.gif)

i got

Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM) --> sound

NVIDIA GeForce 6600  --> graphic

p4 3.2 Ghz

1024 MB ram

I find it very hard to believe.

I have a better GFX, more RAM, only a lower processor, and I get about 20 FPS during heavy battles. On desert island with one man, I got even 165 fps but it was only one man on desert island. My aim didnt go down btw. But during battles or on different islands, Im lucky if I get 30 fps. Plus OFP works bad with new graphic cards like the 6800 and 6600, so how on earth do you get that much fps?

OFP is the only game that I play in which the FPS drops dramatically.

ofp9wo.jpg

This picture was taken on desert island with only one unit on it. You can see that I got 245 FPS.

nogova3ck.jpg

This picture was taken somewhere on Ngova with the same unit. I only got 69 FPS and that was lucky because I usually get about 40-50 fps on nogova.

groundattack6ra.jpg

This is taken at the beginning of ground attack II mission. You can see that Im getting 31 FPS with more stuff on map.

combat0xl.jpg

This is during combat, and you can see that Im getting only 17 FPS. During heavy combat, it can even drop to 10 or less.

Thats with regular OFP on, DXDLL. Using 1000 m as visibility.

If I play the same mission with a CSLA II, or FFUR, it becomes unplayable. If I play it with Liberation mod, its a slideshow. Although, its pretty playable with FDF mod.

And the only thing you have better than me is the processor. (I have a p4 2.66ghz) Yet you get so much FPS that, you want to limit it. Kind of hard to believe.

P.S. For some reason the last 2 pics dont show, so Ill post link:

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/4011/groundattack6ra.jpg

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/5391/combat0xl.jpg

Guest The Cobra
...p4 3.2 Ghz

1024 MB ram...

Standard P4 (1024KB L2 cache) or you got an extreme (2048KB L2 cache)

What type of ram? DDR2, PC3200, PC4000 etc?

cobra i have standard p4 and ram is ddr.

hmmm stealth minimum FPS i got by now was 30-35 i think and that was on maps with full of objects loads of shooting etc.

Maby you got some programs runnign in background and using ur sistem spec.....try scaning with anti-apyware or something.

now heres my FPS but i have EVERYTHING on max. all settings

Lowering graphic would give me annother 100 FPS on desert island and on average about 30-60 more on other islands and maps.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=8/21705544871.jpg&s=x1

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=8/21705575423.jpg&s=x1

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=8/21706053287.jpg&s=x1

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=8/21706061325.jpg&s=x1

The reason I get low fps is because I have a 6800 gt and OFP isnt optimized for 6800 cards. Im able to get that much fps using omega driver. I used to get more with my old g4 mx440.

Other people using the 6800 get the same thing, so its a game problem.

IceDude, looking at those screens, i reckon you don't have your FSAA & AF cranked all the way up.

Max those, you will prolly get the FPS hit you are looking to get and OFP will look a little nicer too. smile_o.gif

Obvious pointer, but enable these in the grpahics card settings (Tray icon, or the display properties > Advanced place), OFP's options didn't know what AA/AF was when released tounge2.gif

- Ben

Does the Radeon X800 series perform better than the Geforce 6800 series in OFP?

BTW, you gain nothing in having your graphic card render fps that is higher than your monitor's refresh rate. V-Sync is recommended and I think OFP supports triple-buffering natively, so you won't have any problems with your fps being cut in half when your system can't keep the fps at the refresh rate.

Your OFP graphics look like !CRAP!, it's no wonder you are getting such high FPS.

If you want lower FPS, max out the quality settings!

MfG Lee icon_rolleyes.gif

Guest The Cobra
Your OFP graphics look like !CRAP!, it's no wonder you are getting such high FPS.

If you want lower FPS, max out the quality settings!

MfG Lee icon_rolleyes.gif

Check the first page. Seems that he have everything on full and still get ~350fps on Desert Island

smile_o.gif