Sign in to follow this  
Operator of dissidence

OFP Mod Selector - Release

mabe add a icon feture if possable mabe have a choice of a icon or a check box ? notworthy.gif

i use both shortcuts and this tool i use shortcuts to connect directly to a server the -connect ip code at times mabe something with this feture could be added as well thumbs-up.gif

same direction as russin  wink_o.gif

it would be awesome to also be able to set the -name=xxx paramenter (which makes load other player profiles)

one more suggestion about the click to activate-mod-process:

atm you have to do two clicks:

1. select the line

2. check/uncheck the box

it would be very good to have this done by one click (maybe distinguish between the box and the name behind it - check/uncheck for activation and select the name for editing))

thanks mate  thumbs-up.gif

---

edit:

another feature which would be great:

currently you can just have a modfolder in ofp itself like \ofp\modfolder\...

yet ofp supports also more levels like

\ofp\allmodfolder\mod1\...

\ofp\allmodfolder\mod2\...

well if you do have like more than 20 modfolders, its gettting real mess confused_o.gif

very nice tool, thank you,

funnily enough, at start the program set itself a path to: C:\Games\OperationFlashpoint\UnInstallResistance.exe, it almost uninstalled my ofp when i clicked play :|

Ok I have questions for Russin

and Q. I ask you to please be as explicit as possible.

Russin, when you say:

Quote[/b] ]mabe add a icon feture if possable mabe have a choice of a icon or a check box ?

Do you mean when you add or edit a mod entry, you want to be able to choose a Icon for the entry also?

Russin and Q, when you say:

Quote[/b] ]"It would be awesome to also be able to set the -name=xxx paramenter" and  "I use shortcuts to connect directly to a server the -connect ip code at times mabe something with this feture could be added as well"

Do you guys want to beable to enter these values to use for each mod entry when ofp is launched, or will this be an independant setting from the mod entrys themselves and are single fields like textboxes or drop down lists that are settable for all mods in the list?

Q, the ability to change the check state with a single click is easy enough to implement quickly, so thats not to much a problem. I'll see about implementing the ability to have mutiple levels of modfolders. Should be possible, but this will take a while to figure out for the scanner and most likely will be buggy at first.

Bonko the Sane, thanks for the heads up on that bug. Thank you very much. It'll be fixed in the next release ok.

In general this all will be a huge revision and might take a couple of weeks.

Espectro, Hope you like it.

yes and yes i think

with that being said it would mean you can also have more than entry for each mod

eg:

MFCTI mod i have a few set ups for it 3 to be exact

1. i have that connects directly to my server

2.i have it setup with other mods for islands

3.i also have one setup for multi-mods notworthy.gif

i would suggest to add to text boxes (like one for each purpose) where you can enter the ip/name_of_the_account.

(and save each actual value in the xml too)

if you like to do it very comfortable, you might make this just like the mod-folders - be able to add/edit/delete several ips/name_of_the_accounts, which would take more room of the gui of course (or a 'select_list' ).

thanks for your hard work mate !  thumbs-up.gif  notworthy.gif  thumbs-up.gif

Ok, I guess I owe a status report to you guys interested in my project. Since C# didn't have an Ip Address Control and I couldn't import it using the Win API, I made one my self. Anyway, now I have a field for inputting IP addresses for the program. I've also got the mod folder scanner to be able to find mods in multiple levels of directories. So, this coming up week, on my free time, I'll be trying to focus on the logical grouping of mods for the list.

Thank you for your patience.

Well, since it seems that there aren't to many demands for new features or bug fixes at the moment....

I'm sorry. That's what I get for procrastinating. I've a feature request: And sincere apologies if it's been suggested (glanced at other replies, looking for similar suggestion):

Check box to enable Window mode, rather than have to add it as a parameter. yay.gifinlove.gif

Well, this week I haven't got much done. The main window resizes now and I got a descent add mod set dialog going with checkboxes for connecting, hosting, and running windowed for a game. The icons are loading pretty good. You can use pretty much most of the windows supported image file formats like gif, jpeg, bmp and icon of course, if the image isn't square like an icon though it looks scrunched. none of it is tied together yet and working, but it is a step forward. Thank you.

OFPModS%20Release%20Screen.JPG

Here's what you've all be waiting for, OFP Mod Selector 1.5.10.4 Release. In this version I added a few new features like the ability to group mods in sets now. I also added these abilities: To add icons to your mod and set entries, The ability to change the icon sizes from 16x16 to 48x48, With the new sets you can simply check off the launch options you may want like hosting listen server or running the game in windowed mode, And finally the ability to set your own background image for OFP Mod Selector. I also fixed a few issues from the last version, especially the one where it add the uninstaller to the game path. I hope anyway. As usual it and all the versions can be found at FileFront.

(no words needed)

thumbs-up.gif  notworthy.gif  thumbs-up.gif

edit:

the new concept needs a little reorientation at first, but i like it very much !

just two small additions:

~ the scan for mod-folder doesnt seem to work for me (i am using the @name-system)

~ did you forget about a pw setting or is it just me  icon_rolleyes.gif

(for now i just added it to the general parameter list :-password=bla)

edit2:

i just realised that different accounts / profiles dont work yet too.

( -name={NAME})

so ive got one suggestion:

can you make a similar list like the "general parameter list" for each set - that would be perfect !  smile_o.gif

(or add a name and server-pw field there too)

edit3:

enhancement suggestion for the future:

a copy set option would be great, if you like to have similar sets which needed to be different in certain aspects though (mp, sp profile etc)

edit4:

it would be great to be able to copy and paste the ip in the corresponding field.  whistle.gif

Q: Your on going critisms is pretty much the only thing that is keeping this project going. Points 1-3 I probably can handle over the weekend and have it out by at least in two weeks maybe more. The copy set thing, if school doesn't load my free time up with big research or term papers like the last two months, maybe I can squeeze that through earlier too, but I doubt it.

If it's not too much trouble can you email an example of the tree structure of the mod folders that are not being detected. Include the mods subfolders in the tree also.

Raptor: I can't thank you enough, man. I appreciate the mirror again.

take your time buddy smile_o.gif

a lot of people are enjoying your great tool, i hope thats enough motivation and endorsement smile_o.gif

its a great advancement with the latest changes - i love the idea of sets thumbs-up.gif

yet again, i do need different modfolders for mp quite often and unfortunately most server are password protected huh.gif

also to have different profiles is very handy if you like to use different graphics settings.

leave the copy option out, if you a short on time mate. it was a suggestion for future development - no big deal as one can do this on his own.

again thanks a lot for your effort notworthy.gif

I can't thank you enough, man. I appreciate the mirror again.

Hey, np.

you are welcome! smile_o.gif

i support the comm where i can.

Raptor smile_o.gif

OFP Mod Selector Version 1.5.10.6 has been released Today. Download it at FileFront and Enjoy!

This version is exactly like the previous release except for the following new features and bug fixes:

1.) Added Copy and Paste IP Address menu items to the IP Box's context menu.

2.) Added text fields for specifying a profile and password in the mod set dialog boxes.

3.) Added the ability to copy a mod set. It's just like editing a mod set, but you have to specify a different name for the set.

4.) It should be safe to share exported library files.

5.) Drag-n-Droping a Set won't crash the program anymore.

6.) OFPModS now passes the mods path short name to Operation Flashpoint. Flashpoint's -mod switch doesn't support long names even if encapsulated in double quotes.

7.) Scan for mods button picks up mod folders more accurately now. We used the @ for mod folders on multiple levels of directories and it seems fine. At least on our systems. Don't know on computers of other regions, It should work any way.

8.) The chance of a exported mod set library file being corrupted is less now.

got an error when i was installing:

Quote[/b] ]Setup has detected that the file 'C:\DOCUME~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD310.tmp\dotnetfx\WindowsInstaller-KB884016-v2-x86.exe' has changed since it was initially published. Click OK to retry the download, or Cancel to exit setup.

Q: Thank you, your support helps alot. I would like to hear how it's making out for you. I'm very interested to find out if the scan for mods button still having trouble detecting the mods with folder names that are prefixed with the @ symbol.

.pablo: What version of windows do you have? Sounds like it's having trouble updating to windows installer 3.0 , which suggests to me that unfortunately you own Windows ME or before. I guess microsoft quit supporting those builds because they are not included in the list of supported OS for Windows Install 3.0 . Otherwise, if you have a later version like Windows 2000, xp ,and 2003. Here is a link to Microsoft's windows explorer site :  Windows Installer 3.0 Redistributable. You may select your language if english is not your native one. I'll see about making a setup program that uses the elder version of Windows Installer 2.0 over this weekend if the case is that you have windows 98 or ME. While you can download the .Net Framework at the following link:.NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package Beta 2. It Supposedly, does support Windows 98 and ME.

Much credit goes to Q for this post notworthy.gif

With much assistance from Q I have devised a little trouble shooter for people who are having problems scanning for mods. This may affect any version with this feature up to version 1.5.10.6. I have already taken care of this issue, which will be slated for the next release.

1.) Do you own the GOTY version of OFP?

2.) Does this registry key exist in your registry, "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Codemasters"?

3.) Does this registry key exist in your registry, "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint"?

4.) Does the formentioned registry key contain the following registry value "MAIN"?

5.) Does the registry value contain a valid path to where your copy of OFP is installed? For example, "C:\Program files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint".

6.) if you answered yes to all of the questions numbered from 2 to 5. When you click on the Scan for Mods button, does your hard drive give any more activity that usual like the hard drive light flashing rapidly or staying solid? Do you hear your hard drive reving up or grinding?( Please answer yes only once for these questions )

7.) Does the scan for mod button add any of the mod folders installed in your OFP game path?

Oh Ya, and .Pablo if you still need assistants please Post here or E-mail me directly.

I use it for only few days now, somehow i missed the original release. GREAT TOOL THX ALOT

Its so easy to handle all my modfolders now, and i like the idea with the applyable icons. Great Work! notworthy.gif

Scars09 thanks for the compliment. I apprecite it alot, but the idea for having icons were Russin's. Actually, now that I think of it most credit goes to people like Crassus, DBR_Onix, Gandalf, jens198, Q, Russin, and the rest of my quiet supporters who gave me much of the ideas that are featured in my program today. Raptor even was mirroring my downloads for quit a while now.

As some of you might noticed. Visual Studio and .Net Framework 2.0 just been pushed into release. As OFP Mod Selector is now, it will not work because a simple property name has been made obsolete. Fortunately, Microsoft is allowing free use of their express editions up to November. I can least still build the binary if not the setup. In short, there won’t be many if any releases until I can afford to buy the new version, I still plan on working on it in the express edition until then. I suppose I could get quicky fix out, but there'll be no setup and it only have a fix for profile names with spaces in them.

whistle.gif Basically Here's that quick fix I promised a while ago. Here's the link to FileFront and bellow is a short description copied and pasted from the same place.

Remember if you still have a previous version installed uninstall it first. Please. banghead.gificon_rolleyes.gif

This version is basically a maintenance fix for the last release. Please don't forget to uninstall the previous version first. Here are the bug fixes:

1.) Code updated to fix a problem with a missing property. The name of the property for column width was changed between the beta and release version of .Net Framework V2.0 .

2.) Profile names with spaces in there names are now properly identified.

Thank you, Operator