Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

Armed Assault & Wikipedia

when i was browsing internet seeking for some info related to BF2 ...

i hit this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_2

and now i ask myself ... if BF2 hype went so far and fans got the time to made such detailed WP entry ? ...

why Armed Assault / OFP have only  so small one ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armed_Assault

if you get little free time to spend then help build the mosaic there smile_o.gif

and thanks

On wikipedia's page for ArmA

Quote[/b] ]See Also

-Codemasters

What the heck? Codemasters has nothing to do with ArmA as far as I know.

EDIT:

whistle.gif

Guest The Cobra
why Armed Assault / OFP have only  so small one ?

Action games are more popular then an Combat Simulator...

Or?

We have our own ranked server on bf2 it deserves no hype compared to armed assault its an arcade game and cant wait for AA its starting to do my head in. Nice graphics though! I think AA is more of an older person game while bf2 brings in all the kids personally same as cs though.

BF2 is a great game and for anyone to say otherwise would be out of pure ignorance.

I think we could do a better one for OFP, but yeah we don't know enough about ARMA to have a detailed wiki article on it. HOWEVER I may try and do some stuff regarding OFP...

Everything we know about Armed Assault is already there. Things we could add:

- improvements from ofp xbox

- improvements from vbs1 (maybe)

BF2 is a great game and for anyone to say otherwise would be out of pure ignorance.

its not pure ignorance its an opinon ive played it long enough to make an opinon on it being ranked "3000" on it and 6 days playing time the boardem factor is getting to me now. I could list here so many things I hate about the game and only a few I love.

So please dont mock my opinon when I say that bf2 does not deserve some of the reviews its getting now although graphically and phsycally ive never seen a game look so good.

Now I put this question to you what if bf2`s graphics and physics had Ofps or ArA gameplay then you would be looking at the best game in the world. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Now I put this question to you what if bf2`s graphics and physics had Ofps or ArA gameplay then you would be looking at the best game in the world

That would be nice.

He right you know BF2 gets real boring pretty quick and as a lot of bad issues which is a real shame has a lot of hope was pinned on this game to fill a major gap in the FPS gaming world.

Hence the reason im here to see what this game might have to offer but so far there is a lack of real info on this site.

Got to say I hope them screen shots are nothing to go by them soliders look pretty sad with there little legs.

excuse me ... BF2 got physics ?

{try hit with tank jeep}

{try hit with tank tree}

{try hit with tank fence}

{try made any object interact}

oopps ...

You mean physics for dead bodies floating all around after explosion happens ?

and visibility range? i remember someone said 5km in OFPR is not enough ... now imagine you cant see tank after like in BF2 ... 400-500 meters?

{falls under chair laughing to death}

What I mean by that is the way the soliders move run look etc apart from the jump which sucks but your right view distance is a joke biggrin_o.gif you need a very good top end machine to get the best out of it, ragdoll effect is nice but makes no difference to me.

Getting a game balance right must be very hard for the makers to do there has to be a balance of graphics gameplay and physics at the end of the day its all about gameplay though. To much of some of these will have mighty effects on the overall gamplay.

As our systems get better we expect more out of them we see the graphics of bf2 then compare to ArA which is a mistake I know I do.

Anyone here willing to add some sections with biggest mods of OFP/Armed Assault into wikipedia ?

excuse me ... BF2 got physics ?

{try hit with tank jeep}

{try hit with tank tree}

{try hit with tank fence}

{try made any object interact}

oopps ...

You mean physics for dead bodies floating all around after explosion happens ?

and visibility range? i remember someone said 5km in OFPR is not enough ... now imagine you cant see tank after like in BF2 ... 400-500 meters?

{falls under chair laughing to death}

Not ta mention some of the idiots andthe 3/4 of the time unbalanced teams.

Though BF2 does show some examples...for instance if you get in one of the HMMWV's and drive one side to face the sun and look at it you can see the rivets,look on the shadowy side you wont see the rivets and certain parts won't look as 3D,I think if OFP2 or even AA had this it would greatly

A increase looks

B give texturers more fun makin the detail and

C not having to worry if every texture part that is only visible in the sun is visible in the shade.